Top positions of need

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post
    What do u guys think our most important positions to address in the draft??? And who are the players at the top of their positions of need. Imo....

Most important positions of need
    1. LT (Connor Williams)
    2. OG (Quenton Nelson)
    3. CB (Jaire Alexander)
    4. RT (Orlando Brown)
    5. OLB (Roquon Smith)
    6. C (Billy Price/ Frank Ragnow)
    If we can get a Franchise QB we need to go for it. We can make all the excuses for Eli but the truth is even when he's had time he hasn't made the throws. He hasn't even been good 3 out of the past 4 years. He's cost a lot also for an aging QB. My 1st choice would be a QB and 2nd would be a LT. I don't think we should pay Pugh that large contract that would be a mistake he's not an elite guard he's average at best. He isn't a good run blocker and i'd say just slightly above average pass protector.

Comment

Originally posted by CruzSoldier View Post

If we can get a Franchise QB we need to go for it. We can make all the excuses for Eli but the truth is even when he's had time he hasn't made the throws. He hasn't even been good 3 out of the past 4 years. He's cost a lot also for an aging QB. My 1st choice would be a QB and 2nd would be a LT. I don't think we should pay Pugh that large contract that would be a mistake he's not an elite guard he's average at best. He isn't a good run blocker and i'd say just slightly above average pass protector.
      the giants must be very careful as to not fall for the franchise QB bit. I'm not sure there is a clear cut franchise QB in this draft and this particular draft is too important to the giants to wiff. If there is a franchise QB in this draft I am not confident the giants can identify him. As far as LT goes once again they cant fall victim to the hype. I do not know that there is a lineman in this draft worthy of say a top 5 pick. The OL is going to be a problem moving forward unless a trade is pulled off or some good FA's are signed. I think that if there's not a QB they are dead set on, and if he is sitting there, saquon barkley has to be the pick. this team desperately needs a bell cow running back and this kid is a generational type talent. I know the Oline sucks but this kid has barry sanders **** going on and he had an even worse line...........and let's not forget about webb who needs to see the field asap.

Comment

I still say we take Barkley and try to address OL in the next few rounds of the draft as well as FA. Barkley is too talented to pass up.

Comment

Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post

brown is 10X better than flowers will ever be IMO
          Unfortunately I agree TEM, Brown to me seems like another Flowers. I could be wrong and he could turn into another Trent Williams, who had similar knocks coming out of college, but at this point I don't want to risk it.

I'd take Brown as an RT or OG, but we are still stuck with flowers and we have to see if he can cut it at RT or OG, cause we all know his future isnt at LT
          Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Unfortunately I agree TEM, Brown to me seems like another Flowers. I could be wrong and he could turn into another Trent Williams, who had similar knocks coming out of college, but at this point I don't want to risk it.

I'd take Brown as an RT or OG, but we are still stuck with flowers and we have to see if he can cut it at RT or OG, cause we all know his future isnt at LT
            well greg robinson looked like the best draft pick since sliced bread and look what happened there..... truth be told every single one of them is a crap shoot.... especially the Oline nowadays.... it's funny because i see scouting reports saying how agile brown is for a big man and others saying they are worried about his size hindering his agility..... maybe people are assuming he is slow because he is big?.... i don't see him as too slow moving like flowers is from what i've seen...flowers plays off balance and lunges forward ... he is a mess....i don't see that in brown....but i could be wrong.... i haven't watched all the games in their entirety, nor am i a professional scout....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJBf8q2Ptkg

watch the third play...see the end go outside then try to go inside... brown stays right with him...easily..plus check brown's hands...locked on like a vice...

i've never seen flowers do that...ever. flowers would have lost his balance, lunged, leaned forward ( huge no-no for a tackle) and got beat by the double speed move...... flowers hands would be outside (asking for a penalty) and not locked onto his man...

brown is really big, but he is agile enough so that he moves pretty well (with balance) and does not give up sacks....

extremely long arms, HUGE frame, moves pretty well with balance, extremely difficult to go around or through in pass pro.
            he is a mountain that none can get around with super long arms.... he is a menace in pass pro to these college guys....

i do not see brown as flowers at all...just my opinion .....

i see brown as a potential left tackle..... flowers needs to go to the right side if he continues with the team.

"During his redshirt sophomore year, Brown did not allow a single sack and gave up just seven quarterback pressures overall."

https://www.cfbfilmroom.com/2017/07/...orlando-brown/

zero sacks is pretty good. no?

none of the prospects are perfect.....for example some of the more athletic guys, are smaller and may get bull rushed to death at the next level..from what i can tell, brown won't.... brown has some issues like every other prospect, but he is far superior to flowers in pass pro IMO

flowers is definitely better in second level blocks, pulling in the run game..that is flowers strength and browns weakness.

what i do not like about brown is lack of ooomph in the run game. not a nasty blaster..won't pop opponents....but gets enough block to get the job done...reminds a bit of john jerry... that is enough to pass on him lol but.... he is young, and you have to hope an nfl training program gets him to imporve some....

brown is not the best run blocker in the class but one of the best pass blockers is my bottom line so far...until proven otherwise...college season is only partially over.... anyway my view is to put best pass blocker on the left side to protect the QB blind side.

the only thing that concerns me in pass pro about brown is i'd like to see a bit more bend.... against nfl guys he could have issues he does not have in college.... but he is not playing way up as high as flowers either.... he does in fact show some bend...just not as miuch as we'd like tosee like connor williams shows....

BTW i like connor williams WAY more than brown.... williams can bend and play low, which for his size is freakish... williams could be special IMO....

i doubt the giants take either guy anyway. they won't take either at top 5-10 and they won't be there in round 2.

just some thoughts

2 cents

PS one other thing brown has that flowers will never have is his punch... u see brown knock defenders clean off their feet with his punch... good timing on engaging defenders...allows them to come to him rather than lunging..... he isn't flowers guys... at least i don't think so

also i hate the idea of brown playing guard.... if he can't play tackle do not draft him at all IMO

also brown does pankake some guys sometimes with his sheer strength and long arms....that is nice to see... shows some nastiness potential
            Last edited by bigpoppy; 10-11-2017, 05:34 PM.

Comment

well greg robinson looked like the best draft pick since sliced bread and look what happened there..... truth be told every single one of them is a crap shoot.... especially the Oline nowadays.... it's funny because i see scouting reports saying how agile brown is for a big man and others saying they are worried about his size hindering his agility..... maybe people are assuming he is slow because he is big?.... i don't see him as too slow moving like flowers is from what i've seen...flowers plays off balance and lunges forward ... he is a mess....i don't see that in brown....but i could be wrong.... i haven't watched all the games in their entirety, nor am i a professional scout....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJBf8q2Ptkg

watch the third play...see the end go outside then try to go inside... brown stays right with him...easily..plus check brown's hands...locked on like a vice...

i've never seen flowers do that...ever. flowers would have lost his balance, lunged, leaned forward ( huge no-no for a tackle) and got beat by the double speed move...... flowers hands would be outside (asking for a penalty) and not locked onto his man...

brown is really big, but he is agile enough so that he moves pretty well (with balance) and does not give up sacks....

extremely long arms, HUGE frame, moves pretty well with balance, extremely difficult to go around or through in pass pro.
              he is a mountain that none can get around with super long arms.... he is a menace in pass pro to these college guys....

i do not see brown as flowers at all...just my opinion .....

i see brown as a potential left tackle..... flowers needs to go to the right side if he continues with the team.

"During his redshirt sophomore year, Brown did not allow a single sack and gave up just seven quarterback pressures overall."

https://www.cfbfilmroom.com/2017/07/...orlando-brown/

zero sacks is pretty good. no?

none of the prospects are perfect.....for example some of the more athletic guys, are smaller and may get bull rushed to death at the next level..from what i can tell, brown won't.... brown has some issues like every other prospect, but he is far superior to flowers in pass pro IMO

flowers is definitely better in second level blocks, pulling in the run game..that is flowers strength and browns weakness.

what i do not like about brown is lack of ooomph in the run game. not a nasty blaster..won't pop opponents....but gets enough block to get the job done...reminds a bit of john jerry... that is enough to pass on him lol but.... he is young, and you have to hope an nfl training program gets him to imporve some....

brown is not the best run blocker in the class but one of the best pass blockers is my bottom line so far...until proven otherwise...college season is only partially over.... anyway my view is to put best pass blocker on the left side to protect the QB blind side.

the only thing that concerns me in pass pro about brown is i'd like to see a bit more bend.... against nfl guys he could have issues he does not have in college.... but he is not playing way up as high as flowers either.... he does in fact show some bend...just not as miuch as we'd like tosee like connor williams shows....

BTW i like connor williams WAY more than brown.... williams can bend and play low, which for his size is freakish... williams could be special IMO....

i doubt the giants take either guy anyway. they won't take either at top 5-10 and they won't be there in round 2.

just some thoughts

2 cents
              I gotta say, i didnt really watch too much Oklahoma ball, but from what i see, Brown is a damned good pass blocker, but has ALOT to be desired in the run game. Its kind of sad to see such a mountain of a man be so passive in the run game.

..... Then again its a passing league now, so yeah.

I was a HUGE Connor Williams fan til the injury, now i feel like theres no way in hell they'll draft him so im looking for my next favorite LT. I GUESS id rank them Williams, McGlinchey, Brown.

Even though he has alot of love on the MB, i am totally unimpressed by Hyatt, hes like Chad Wheeler 2.0 (nice technique, poor strength), which isnt bad, but we already have Chad Wheeler 1.0

And i Haven't done any homework on Trey Adams or Rankins. Not a fan of Ivey at LT either

Knowing our front office, we will pass on all LT prospects and draft a DE or WR
              Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

I gotta say, i didnt really watch too much Oklahoma ball, but from what i see, Brown is a damned good pass blocker, but has ALOT to be desired in the run game. Its kind of sad to see such a mountain of a man be so passive in the run game.

..... Then again its a passing league now, so yeah.

I was a HUGE Connor Williams fan til the injury, now i feel like theres no way in hell they'll draft him so im looking for my next favorite LT. I GUESS id rank them Williams, McGlinchey, Brown.

Even though he has alot of love on the MB, i am totally unimpressed by Hyatt, hes like Chad Wheeler 2.0 (nice technique, poor strength), which isnt bad, but we already have Chad Wheeler 1.0

And i Haven't done any homework on Trey Adams or Rankins. Not a fan of Ivey at LT either

Knowing our front office, we will pass on all LT prospects and draft a DE or WR
                i would not be disappointed if they pass on all the QBs pass on S barkley and take connor williams.... i think he has potential to be One of the best LT in the NFL for years to come. OTOH there is always a chance he is greg robinson 2.0. none can ever be 100% sure LOL

i want to take a closer look at rankins also

i think hyatt is pretty solid actually... what didn't you like? not enough anchor?

Comment

i would not be disappointed if they pass on all the QBs pass on S barkley and take connor williams.... i think he has potential to be One of the best LT in the NFL for years to come. OTOH there is always a chance he is greg robinson 2.0. none can ever be 100% sure LOL

i want to take a closer look at rankins also

i think hyatt is pretty solid actually... what didn't you like? not enough anchor?
                  I agree, no drsft pick is a lock.

I would be on board with Barkley but i see someting in Gallman.... Who am i kidding, if we get Barkley i wont complain

I still kind of like Williams, well see how his injury is at the senior game and combine

Hyatt just comes off with no push, no nastiness, nothing that jumps out at me. People love him, i just dont get it. He isnt bad but he isnt 1st or 2nd round worthy to me. I want a nasty SOB on the line who can hold his own in pass and rush blocking, good strength, and good enough technique. I like Hyatts technique but thats where it ends

Comment

Depends who gets resigned. Not including LG and C, because I don't know who will resign out of Pugh & Richburg. I am also think Bromley resigns for cheap as a rotational DT. I'd rank them like this:

1.) LT- (FA Nate Solder, draft Trey Adams, Connor Williams)
                    2.) LB- Casillas, Kennard, Robinson are all FA. Only LB's signed for next year are Goodson and Munson. Plus, TE's are torching this defense. On pace for 99 catches for 1200 yds and 22 TD's this year. (FA Telvin Smith, Anthony Hitchens, Alec Ogletree)
                    3.) RT- Hart is worse than Flowers. RT not quite as important as LT, but still a crucial position.
                    4.)RG- Jerry stinks and should get cut (FA Andrew Norwell, Josh Kline)
                    5.) Slot Corner- I doubt DRC will be back (Draft Deandre Baker)
                    6.)Another LB
                    7.)Rotational back to replace Vereen, I really like Gallman but they should draft another guy to compete with him (Draft Ronald Jones/Damien Harris)

8)3rd DE unless Moss or someone emerges
                    9)#3 WR (outside type)- Marshall will be cut. But, with OBJ/Shep/Engram, this isnt a huge need. I also think Lewis/Rudolph could be a factor. And hopefully our next coach won't run 11 personel 95% of the time anyway.
                    10)CB Depth- you can never have enough
                    Last edited by JimFassel69; 10-12-2017, 12:54 AM.

Comment

For me Iíll sound like a stuck record, but if available Barkley has to be the pick. So high and stoked to see his kid enter the league

Comment

I agree, no drsft pick is a lock.

I would be on board with Barkley but i see someting in Gallman.... Who am i kidding, if we get Barkley i wont complain
                        With Barkley, Gallman, and a solid, rebuilt oline, we can have a true smash mouth football team again.

Comment

This is what the first cbs mock draft had said about brown>>>>

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...k-into-top-20/
                          2. Orlando Brown Jr., OT, Oklahoma

Brown Jr. rockets up to the No. 2 spot -- from No. 12 a week ago -- because he's been consistently dominant for a solid month now. According to Pro Football Focus, the Oklahoma left tackle has only allowed one quarterback pressure on 124 pass playsthus far in the 2017 season. Also, he currently owns PFF's highest run-block gradeamong all offensive linemen in the country.

Now they have dropped him down to 12 in latest CBS mock draft >>>>
                          13. Miami Dolphins

Orlando Brown Jr., OT, Oklahoma Sooners . The Miami Dolphins ' offensive woes start with their shaky unit of blockers. With Ryan Tannehill expected to return to 100 percent by the start of next season, Miami will want to sell out to protect him. Brown Jr. is a refined pass-blocker who can play either tackle spot and push Laremy Tunsilback to guard, where he flashed as a rookie.
                          https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...h-sam-darnold/

He is just bigger than anyone else, just like tdawg said. he projects to play LT or RT and be a good to great pass protector, but he is not a guy that is expected to suddenly going to be dominant in run blocking from what i can tell.
                          Last edited by bigpoppy; 10-12-2017, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X