Is Saquon Barkley worth a top 5 pick?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Saquon Barkley worth a top 5 pick?

I'd rather see an O lineman, but we rarely draft O line in the first round, historically.

Yes Saquon is worth a top 5 pick. Guys the best player in college football

Comment

Yes

Comment

Absolutely.

He's a generational talent

Comment

Yes but we need Trey Adams from Washington or Mike McGlinchey from Notre Dame far more than we need Barkley but then again Barkley would probably be too Explosive of a player to pass up!

Comment

Without a doubt

I follow Penn State, the kid can do it all, will definitely give the opposition something else to think of as well as OBJ and Engram eventually

Comment

Saquon Barkley is a baaaaaad man (that's a good thing). If the Giants get the 1st pick in the draft they are obviously not drafting him. You just don't see teams drafting an RB 1st overall. So if you really want Saquon Barkley on the Giants you have to pray we aren't the worst team in the league because I'd say there's a 95% chance they don't draft him 1st overall but rather a QB (another 1st pick selection would be an OUTSTANDING offensive lineman. I'm talking best player in college football caliber. Not sure he exists in 2018).

Just for fun I checked NFL draft history here: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/draft/

In the past 21 years 14 QBs have been selected 1st overall, followed by 4 DEs, and 3 OTs. The last time an RB was selected 1st overall was in 1995,
              Ki-Jana Carter and would you believe he went to college at Penn state? Hmmmm? Is that a sign? Ki-Jana Carter was such a bust that he's the sole reason why teams stopped drafting RBs 1st overall. He was the poster child for a wasted 1st pick selection.
              Last edited by compaqnigg; 10-08-2017, 10:38 PM.

Comment

With the #1 pick tho only acceptable choices are Saquon Barkley or Lamar Jackson. No lineman is worth it this year. None of the other QBs have done anything to deserve the #1 pick but Jackson with his dynamic athletic ability.

Comment

Rosen is a better prospect. Lamar is too flawed as a passer

Comment

absolutely, without question, most complete back to come out in YEARS

Comment

Originally posted by GoDeep13 View Post
                      With the #1 pick tho only acceptable choices are Saquon Barkley or Lamar Jackson. No lineman is worth it this year. None of the other QBs have done anything to deserve the #1 pick but Jackson with his dynamic athletic ability.
                      Jackson is trash as a QB.. he will probably need to change positions

Comment

Originally posted by B-Red22 View Post

Jackson is trash as a QB.. he will probably need to change positions
                        I don't believe that. I think he goes threw his progressions well and does a good job reading defenses. Guy has a lot of arm strength as well. I think people think once you're as athletic as Lamar is as a QB that he automatically must suck throwing it.

Comment

Hell yes. He might be the best player in the draft. While the ground game has been lessened in this league due to all the rules protecting the QB and the passing game, you can still win with a top back. Every week you see teams winning with their QB throwing 45+ times, and having 50 yards on the ground and less than 20 carries do to rules protecting the passer and receivers, but with a staunch D, and a good Oline, you can still eat the clock, dominate time of possession, and win games. Besides Oline, we could use a good ground game like a 32A Penthouse Model needs implants.

Comment

Originally posted by GoDeep13 View Post

I don't believe that. I think he goes threw his progressions well and does a good job reading defenses. Guy has a lot of arm strength as well. I think people think once you're as athletic as Lamar is as a QB that he automatically must suck throwing it.
                            He is not very accurate.. so yes i would say he sucks throwing

Comment

I would not take Barkley first overall because a RB to me is never more valuable than a franchise QB, but no doubt he's awesome and deserves to go very high (and will).

Just remember though that RBs have a shelf life of little more than 5 years of peak performance. A great QB lasts for over 15 years. And it's extremely rare to get a big time franchise QB outside of the first round. For every Russell Wilson and Tom Brady there are hundreds of no names. Look around the league at the starting QBs. How many weren't drafted in the first round?

Whereas there are good RBs all over the place not drafted in the first round.

Comment

Working...
                              X