Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What pick in the draft are you expecting us to get and who would you draft?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can see us beating the 49ers. So I don't think we are gonna lose them all. We may get a few other odd wins here and there. But either way, we are top 3 easily right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantterp View Post

I don't think it's as easy as it sounds to just upgrade the OL...It's not as easy as it sounds. How do you propose to do that without a 1st round pick (assuming that is Barkley). How many 2017 2-5 round picks are quality starting OL players right now? Where are they going to get the FA money (are there even good FA)?

Too much money to be tied up in Eli and JPP.
      actually, on paper, it is a very deep draft for Oline... it could happen

do some mocks to get a general feel>>>>

http://boards.giants.com/forum/new-y...29#post2977329

OTOH sometimes all the teams go OLINE crazy and it becomes difficult to get a Tackle...guards/centers are much easier to get later in the mock drafts >>>>
      http://boards.giants.com/forum/new-y...44#post2960144

http://boards.giants.com/forum/new-y...00#post2962500 if you just tfocus on OL in early rounds, you will get Oline propects...how well they can play at the next level is an entirely different question

Comment

http://boards.giants.com/forum/new-y...ff-season-mode

Comment

I had wanted Darnold, but he's shown some raw issues in the last few weeks.
          The kid still needs another year.

I'm not convinced about Rosen either, so as others have stated ...Barkley.
          Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. MTwain

Comment

I think we will get a top 5 pick and honestly I'd rather trade down and acquire an additional 2nd and maybe 3rd round pick.

If that was the case, we could address multiple OL spots and CB with drsft picks that could start day 1.

In the 1st round I like (in no order)
            OG Quentin Nelson
            LT Connor Williams
            LT Mike McGlinchey
            CB JaireAlexander
            RB Saquan Barkley

​​​​​​​Haven't really looked too deeply into the QB'S yet to differentiate
            Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Originally posted by tk89 View Post
              Why would we want to take a QB in the first round having no idea whether or not Webb is a viable option moving forward? And what difference would a RB be with this same crap OL?

We desperately need a LT. I don't care that it's typically a reach to take a tackle in the top 3 picks, either trade back and pick one up or take the best off the board immediately. See if Flowers can transition back to RT or if he's truly a bust.
              This and only this. With no OL, there are no holes to run through and no time to throw the ball. Ask David Carr if he would like to be a rookie again behind this OL.

Comment

Originally posted by FBomb View Post
                People hating on me for this, but I don't believe we will win ANY games this year. It's not a HOPE of mine....just a realistic look at what we have NOW vs the rest of the schedule. I just don't see any logical argument for a win.

We pick #1
                Can't pick #1 if tied with Cleveland or beat SF and tie them. Browns beat us out for first pick on SOS
                Football has been very, very good to us.
                After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                4-New York Giants!!!
                5-NE
                Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Not putting much thought into it, my ideal scenario would be to have a top 2 pick. Trade back to #3 allowing us to get Barkley and a bunch of picks. I think Barkley is a generational talent, similar to Odell.

The only other option would be to grab a top QB and have him compete with Webb to be the future starter.

This is all assuming we focus heavily on the OL heavily in FA and throughout the draft.

NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
                  Garrett Bolles - OT
                  David Njoku - TE
                  Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

Barkley has to be the pick on my opinion. Best RB for a few years without a doubt (better than Gurley, Zek and Fournette)
                    Right now top 5 pick
                    I can see a few wins coming up though making it a top 8 pick

Comment

Working...
                    X