Finding a franchise QB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dave Brown View Post

I realize it's not impossible, but I really don't see it. Not without Beckham. I've seen this offense play without him and it's not a pretty sight. They'll have trouble scoring 13 points in many games now going forward, and the D for whatever reason is awful this year. I also think McAdoo has totally lost the locker room.

Also look at the schedule. Absolutely brutal.

I see the Giants ending up 3-13 this year at best.
    I do not understand so many people who believe that OBJ should be the lynchpin of the offense. If your offense is dependent on a single receiver then the offense is broken. We need a return to balance. I think fans have fallen in love with OBJ's talent but I do not believe it is good for the overall offense. We need a top flight offensive line, a running game and then a passing game.

Comment

Rosen is a better version of Matt Ryan.

He doesn't have nearly the talent Darnold has at the skill position but i dont know how he will react after getting hit behind our Oline. He might just give up football after a bad hit LOL

Darnold plays like Luck but not as talented imo.
      Last edited by DarkSaint; 10-11-2017, 07:28 AM.

Comment

Dont want us touching any QBs that arent Mason Rudolph or Jake Browning. Those are the studs of this next year's class..esque-Roethisberger & Wilson-type. The rest who are projected above the two mentioned are all completely overrated and will not last in the NFL. You're talking Bryce Petty, A.J McCarron, Aaron Murray. Did great in college, but just couldn't cope. Not to mention if anyone is good at reading a QB, Darnold and Rosen offer nothing in even the fundamental part of Football. Sloppy, inconsistant, improper techniques, est. No thanks!
        1-Forrest Lamp-(OT-Western Kentucky)
        2-DeMarcus Walker-(DE-Florida State)
        3-Wayne Gallman-(RB-Clemson)
        3-Anthony Walker-(ILB-Northwestern)
        4-KD Cannon-(WR-Baylor)
        6-Joshua Dobbs-(QB-Tennessee)

Comment

Watching this USC Utah game. Seems like USC is compensating for Darnold the whole second half. Turning to sideline to get play, rollouts cutting field in half, and all the zone reads. Not a talent evaluator, but I'm not seeing it.

Comment

Originally posted by JimFassel69 View Post
            The Giants are going to have a crack at the top pick this year. Eli is going to be 37 years old. A new GM/HC could be in town, and they will likely want to find their guy. Davis Webb was a guy who McAdoo was pounding the table for, and a Reese pick. If both of those guys are gone, there could be a new regime that doesn't think as highly of him. So here are the QB's that are in the running for #1 overall.

1. Josh Rosen- STRENGTHS- Is the best pure thrower in the draft class. Throws a tight ball, quick release, incredible arm strength. Led that incredible comeback vs TX A&M. Also only 20 years old. Weaknesses- is not the most mobile guy, forces a lot of throws, not good dealing with pressure, off-the-field concerns about his personality. To me, this guy has a lot of Eli in him.

2. Sam Darnold- This guy is my personal favorite despite his struggles this year. STRENGTHS- Incredible movement in the pocket and escape ability, great arm strength, can make some wow throws into coverage. Watch his game film vs Penn St last year in the Rose Bowl, and this year vs Stanford. He has a great ability to avoid the rush and throw his receivers open. WEAKNESSES- His footwork is sloppy. He throws off balance and doesn't step into alot of his throws. This leads to some poor accuracy at times. He also has a very long motion/release. It looks almost Bortles-esque in 2016 and has improved a slight bit in 2017. He has also had some INT troubles this year. I really want him to finish off this year strong because I am so much more intrigued by him then Rosen if he can improve on a few things.

3. Lamar Jackson- some people love this kid and are gonna post in here that he should be the guy. I for one am not a fan of him playing in the NFL. He is a great athlete, probably the best to ever play the position other than Vick, but he is not a great QB. Watch some of his film and look at how many throws he misses that have to be made in the NFL. He does not make many high-quality throws that assure you he can play at the next level. A lot of bubble screens, short crossing routes, quick slants, and throws to WIDE open recievers in a spread offense. To me, he is not an NFL QB.
            darnold has poor field vision and reads,,that is a serious problem nfl wise,,,,,rosen's teammates hate him and even his high school coach had negative things to say,,,,jackson although super dynamic,,has no ball placement whatsoever. I think the gem comes from the next group,,mayfield, faulk, etc. what about webb? let the kid play right? why draft a qb if we already have one,,who cares if he was a 3rd rounder, this kid has that bradyesque workman attitude and wants to be great.

Comment

Originally posted by JameyC View Post

darnold has poor field vision and reads,,that is a serious problem nfl wise,,,,,rosen's teammates hate him and even his high school coach had negative things to say,,,,jackson although super dynamic,,has no ball placement whatsoever. I think the gem comes from the next group,,mayfield, faulk, etc. what about webb? let the kid play right? why draft a qb if we already have one,,who cares if he was a 3rd rounder, this kid has that bradyesque workman attitude and wants to be great.
              Agree that the Giants need to give Webb some reps at some point in this lost season. They need to find out what he offers so they can have a clearer evaluation.

Comment

Originally posted by JameyC View Post

We donít have a QB in Webb ... we have a project. The fact that he is a hard worker and wants to be great is nice, but guarantees nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

We donít have a QB in Webb ... we have a project. The fact that he is a hard worker and wants to be great is nice, but guarantees nothing.
                  don't we? have you seen him play in a regular season game? didn't think so.,,drafting any qb this year in the 1st would be a project as none are franchise guys.,,and as with prospects they are just that,,,prospects, no guarantees, even 1st round qb's.

Comment

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/f...t/individual/8

will grier been getting hype lately..... accurate QB & very mobile...good WCO fit....

Look at passer efficiency stats...surprised to find darnold and rosen so low in that category and L Jackson as high as he is .... not sure if it means much though

mayfield and rudolph way up there in the category.....air raid?....

so many prospects so much hype LOL

not sure why that passer efficiency stat does not line up with a list like this >>>>>>>>>

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...otball-in-2017

total qbr as posted by ESPN>>>>

http://www.espn.com/ncf/qbr

you guys tell me... who is the best fit for the WCO

Who is best throwing on the run after scrambling, or being able to scramble for first downs and is still able to deliver balls as a pocket a passer? in other words.. most aaron rodgers like....that is your guy
                    Last edited by bigpoppy; Yesterday, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sicko View Post
                      Giants never tank when we want them to. They will end up 6-10 or something and out of position for one of those young QB lol
                      thats Eli's plan...now he'll pick up his play so we win 5-6 games and cant draft a QB to replace him

Comment

Originally posted by river555 View Post

thats Eli's plan...now he'll pick up his play so we win 5-6 games and cant draft a QB to replace him
                        Yes, this makes a lot of sense.

Comment

Originally posted by river555 View Post

Plus the defense is still healthy and is still good enough to keep us in most games.

Comment

Working...
                          X