Finding a franchise QB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

If we want a QB we need to trade up to #1.
    Not true at all. Why cant we get Rosen, Mayfield, or Jackson at 3?? Or why cant we get 1 in the 2nd round like Josh Allen?

Cleveland may not even go QB, depending on how they feel about Kizer, and SF just got Garopollo so they probably won't go QB
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post

Not true at all. Why cant we get Rosen, Mayfield, or Jackson at 3?? Or why cant we get 1 in the 2nd round like Josh Allen?

Cleveland may not even go QB, depending on how they feel about Kizer, and SF just got Garopollo so they probably won't go QB
      I think Darnold will either go before the Giants pick or not declare. I think the guy the Giants end up with is Josh Rosen if they decide to go QB.

Comment

Originally posted by JimFassel69 View Post

I think Darnold will either go before the Giants pick or not declare. I think the guy the Giants end up with is Josh Rosen if they decide to go QB.
        hope not. every thing we read about rosen says he is an ahole. who can root for an ahole?

Comment

Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post

hope not. every thing we read about rosen says he is an ahole. who can root for an ahole?
          .....The entire Green Bay Packers fan base.
          SuperMario82 on old GMB

Comment

being an a-hole doesn't make him any better or any worse as a QB

Comment

Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post

I wouldn't necessarily think they ( Browns & SF ) wouldn't Draft another QB.
              Didn't the Browns trade for Brock Osweiller and gave up a bunch of picks to the Texans to get him? Then Draft Kizer and turn around and release Brock essentially getting nothing for all the Draft picks they gave up. What's to say they don't bring in another QB to compete with Kizer.

SF would have to pay Jimmy G ton of money to keep him by resigning him or under the franchise tag which would cost them 22M+ I think if not more so they may bring in a kid to compete and hope to strike gold to save the money

I think there was another example of someone signing a FA QB for a ton of money then turned around and started the rookie QB instead.. wasn't it Glennon?? Then they went and traded up to get Mitch Tribisky. And they benched Glennon a few weeks into Season in favor of the kid?
              Football has been very, very good to us.
              After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
              But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
              2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
              3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
              4-New York Giants!!!
              5-NE
              Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by JimFassel69 View Post

being an a-hole doesn't make him any better or any worse as a QB
                I hear ya, but it could. what if players don't want to play for him? what if no fans want to watch him or buy his jersey? in the world of social media, it is important to ownership i would think.

2 cents
                Last edited by bigpoppy; 11-16-2017, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Comparing this to the 2004 draft, I would say Rosen is Eli and Darnold is Ben. Rosen/Eli are better natural throwers, but Ben/Darnold are better at extending plays and making things happen. I remember the Giants being very high on Ben, and preferring him to Rivers, only 2nd to Eli

Comment

Better end in the Top 2 if the choice is between Rosen and Darnold. If the Giants end up at #3 and want either they're going to have to trade up IMO. Too many teams need a future QB and they won't sit. I could see Denver making a move. After all, the Browns are the Browns and the 49ers have Garrapolo.

Comment

LETS GO BROWNS! Win a couple of games so Darnold comes out and we get him

Comment

Originally posted by NYSPORTS View Post
                        Better end in the Top 2 if the choice is between Rosen and Darnold. If the Giants end up at #3 and want either they're going to have to trade up IMO. Too many teams need a future QB and they won't sit. I could see Denver making a move. After all, the Browns are the Browns and the 49ers have Garrapolo.
                        the top 2 are mayfield and mayfield. third is mayfield. 4th, yup, mayfield.

mayfield
                        darnold
                        rudolph
                        L. Jackson
                        Ahole a.k.a Rosen

rosen is an entitled rich boy same as johnny manziel was...no thanks.

2 cents
                        Last edited by bigpoppy; 11-17-2017, 05:05 PM.

Comment

My top 4 QBs right now

Mayfield
                          Darnold
                          Rosen
                          Rudolph

I think all 4 of them have big time potential, especially the top 2.
                          Life is like a Giants game, you never know what you are going to get.

Comment

the top 2 are mayfield and mayfield. third is mayfield. 4th, yup, mayfield.

mayfield
                            darnold
                            rudolph
                            L. Jackson
                            Ahole a.k.a Rosen

rosen is an entitled rich boy same as johnny manziel was...no thanks.

2 cents
                            6'1 makes me nervous. This isn't New Orleans, a dome or great weather. It's not windy like the Meadowlands of old but 6'1 makes me nervous. When they take away the wheels and the guy has to be a pocket QB, is he the guy? A lot of Professional College players who been in the spread since Pop Warner. Come the NFL, it's a different game. We'll see but that height concerns me.

Rosen, yeah, I've heard he has some Jay Cutler in him.

Comment

Working...
                            X