Best LB's of the 2018 Draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best LB's of the 2018 Draft

So theres no denying that our LB's are our clear cut worst group on defense. Goodson is showing nice promise, but thats about it. IMO I would love a good coverage 4-3 guy who could also decipher plays, stuff the run, and contribute to the pass rush as well. Here are a few guys that sound intriguing and fit my criteria

OLB'S
    Tremaine Edmunds, Virginia Tech, projected round 1-3, 106 tackles, 18.5TFL, 4 sacks, 3 PBU, 1 ff, 1 INT in 2016

Roquon Smith, Georgia, projected round 1-3, 95 tackles, 5TFL, 1PBU, 2 FF in 2016
    ​​​​​​
    Jerome Baker, Ohio St, projected round 2-4, 83 tackles, 9.5 tackles for a loss, 3.5 sacks and two interceptions

Kendall Joseph, Clemson, projected round 3-4, 108 tackles with 12.5 tackles for a loss, two forced fumbles, 3.5 sacks and one interception

Josey Jewell, Iowa, projected round 3-4, 124 tackles with six tackles for a loss, nine passes broken up and one forced fumble in 2016.

Tegray Scales, Indiana, projected round 3-4, 126 tackles on the season. He also had 23.5 tackles for a loss, 4.5 sacks, two passes batted, one interception, and one forced fumble in 2016.

Skai Moore, South Carolina, projected round 3-6

Which guys do you like the best?? Personally im leaning towards Joseph and Jewell, but would be fine with any of them, our LB's suck, lol
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

like jewell a bunch but we already have bj goodson... i actually like goodson better because goodson has better coverage ability... jewll is fantastic aginst the run, with great angles (like goodson) but in coverage he gets beat.....

i like your guy raquon smith a bunch

i like kendall joseph

i like skai moore but not as a high pick, only if we get a steal in later rounds

not a fan of tegray scales... read that he was overrated... started watching and nothing jumped off the screen for me

not seen baker yet so have no opinion

Comment

Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post
      like jewell a bunch but we already have bj goodson... i actually like goodson better because goodson has better coverage ability... jewll is fantastic aginst the run, with great angles (like goodson) but in coverage he gets beat.....

i like your guy raquon smith a bunch

i like kendall joseph

i like skai moore but not as a high pick, only if we get a steal in later rounds

not a fan of tegray scales... read that he was overrated... started watching and nothing jumped off the screen for me

not seen baker yet so have no opinion
      What about Jewell at OLB??

Smith is nice, but i think i like Jospeh better. Hes fast and all but the more i watch him, the less he wows me. I hate to say it but i see jaquan williams more than michael boley when i watch Roquon Smith
      Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post

What about Jewell at OLB??

Smith is nice, but i think i like Jospeh better. Hes fast and all but the more i watch him, the less he wows me. I hate to say it but i see jaquan williams more than michael boley when i watch Roquon Smith
        jewel will be cut if you ask him to play OLB. maybe SAm if he is only asked to cover the flat...IMO .jewel is an ILB. he is definitely not a rover.

he is BJ goodson 2.0 with less coverage skills.... he is better than calvin munson in run defense so you getting a better back up ILB that can't cover(almost none of them can). i don't think he is the guy we need.

i really like trying cap capi at LB. the dude can cover like keenan robinson can, but is also a nasty pass rusher.

for the draft i really would like a guy who can cover... a very tall order though.

2 cents

then again i'm basing all this nonsense that comes out of me on watching usually less than one game of these guys LOL

so it all with a grain of salt man

OTOH i think you can tell a lot from one game or even just highlights usually
        Last edited by bigpoppy; 10-11-2017, 06:27 PM.

Comment

jewel will be cut if you ask him to play OLB. jewel is an ILB. he is BJ goodson 2.0 with less coverage skills.... he is better than calvin munson in run defense so you getting a better back up ILB that can't cover(almost none of them can). i don't think he is the guy we need.

i really like trying cap capi at LB. the dude can cover like keenan robinson can, but is also a nasty pass rusher.

for the draft i really would like a guy who can cover... a very tall order though.

2 cents
          Agreed, i want most importantly a lb that can cover and 2ndarily contribute to the pass rush... Maybe a big Safety that can stuff the run to play LB??

Comment

Agreed, i want most importantly a lb that can cover and 2ndarily contribute to the pass rush... Maybe a big Safety that can stuff the run to play LB??
            yeah derwin james would be nice but...that is apipe dream

so get some big safeties and develop them into Lbs...why not? that is what the practice squad is for..develop some of these guys see if they can make the switch....

i liked smith... that speed is what we need

give me the sideline to sideline guy all day long over the big hitter....so long as they are good enough against the run or to shed blocks etc.

let's have some guys that cover a freaking TE or a RB for once
            it's tough though because they have to be able to shoot gaps shed etc. all those things LBs need to be good at.

Comment

i recently became a fan of drue tranquil.... my first totally underrated guy... he has potential..look at that closing speed.... closing speed, caught my eye.

http://boards.giants.com/forum/new-y...97#post2981797
              Last edited by bigpoppy; 10-11-2017, 06:18 PM.

Comment

https://slapthesign.com/2017/04/11/n...anquill-rover/

drue tranquill

Comment

Jerome Baker OLB

you guys have to check out the unfathomable one handed INT

WOW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QCk8TuDuqo

Comment

Edmunds is my guy still. Great size and surprising athletic ability to accompany it.

Comment

what if cap capi could be that guy?....... he is already on the roster..... perhaps he is worth a look at OLB

Comment

Originally posted by GoDeep13 View Post
                        Edmunds is my guy still. Great size and surprising athletic ability to accompany it.
                        watching now.... yeah man..dude is for real..... great athlete...looks like a stud for sure.... what round 2?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4hpI4a1slc
                        Last edited by bigpoppy; 10-14-2017, 11:46 AM.

Comment

watching now.... yeah man..dude is for real..... great athlete...looks like a stud for sure.... what round 2?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4hpI4a1slc
                          I'd say round 2 but his workouts could push him into the lAte 1st.

Comment

micah kiser said to the best ILB in 2018 draft according to the article>>>>

https://ninernoise.com/2017/10/14/49...-linebacker/5/

"Without doubt, the best middle linebacker prospect for the 2018 NFL Draft is Virginia senior Micah Kiser.

Kiser has an ideal frame for a swift and shifty inside-type linebacker capable of excelling in coverage..."

but goes on tos quote a scouting report that says>>>

"he has trouble keeping clean and navigating through traffic. Some of this has to do with his slow reads and reaction time."

Last edited by bigpoppy; 10-15-2017, 10:12 AM.

Comment

one dude I am not a fan of at OLB is lorenzo carter. I do not think he is extremely talented from what i saw that is available on youtube.... maybe late round or UDFA as far as i can tell... i admit i didn't watch much because i was not impressed with the first few plays i watched and shut it off... who has time to waste? lol

http://billswire.usatoday.com/2017/1...ggest-needs/4/

Comment

Working...
                              X