Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 MOCK DRAFT SIMULATOR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • YOUR PICKS
    1: R1P3
    QB SAM DARNOLD
    USC
    2: R2P3
    G BILLY PRICE
    OHIO STATE
    3: R3P3
    RB NICK CHUBB
    GEORGIA
    4: R4P3
    LB JOSEY JEWELL
    IOWA
    5: R4P33
    CB IMAN MARSHALL
    USC
    6: R5P3
    OT CASEY TUCKER
    STANFORD
    7: R6P3
    WR CODY THOMPSON
    TOLEDO

    Comment


    • Tuesday. Fanspeak is updated >>>

      2: R1P2
      CB MINKAH FITZPATRICK
      ALABAMA
      34: R2P2

      LB ROQUON SMITH
      GEORGIA
      66: R3P2

      QB MASON RUDOLPH
      OKLAHOMA STATE
      104: R4P2

      OT JAMARCO JONES
      OHIO STATE
      135: R4P33

      LB RASHAAN EVANS
      ALABAMA
      140: R5P2

      G DAMIAN PRINCE
      MARYLAND
      181: R6P2
      C/G SCOTT QUESSENBERRY
      UCLA

      Comment


      • UDFA Will Grier QB

        2: R1P2

        LB ROQUAN SMITH
        GEORGIA
        34: R2P2

        WR CALVIN RIDLEY
        ALABAMA
        66: R3P2

        OLB DANTE BOOKER
        OHIO STATE
        104: R4P2
        OLB TREMAINE EDMUNDS
        VIRGINIA TECH
        135: R4P33
        OT BRANDON PARKER
        NORTH CAROLINA A&T
        140: R5P2
        OT TOBY WEATHERSBY
        LSU
        181: R6P2

        TE DALLAS GOEDERT
        S DAKOTA ST
        TEAM DRAFT ASSESSMENT

        Comment


        • Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post

          tell us about some of those guys. anything you like/dislike particularly? anything of note?

          Well the top 3 picks should speak for themselves and I figure the Giants are in need to CB's in the late round, but it's early in the process and I am still watching tape on CB's. I got a late start because i usually only follow positions of need and CB did not appear to be a position of need.

          McGlinchey is the best OT in the draft IMO, and I wanted him last season (There's a thread), but he decided to stay in. Problem is, staying one more year did nothing for his draft stock because this is a QB top heavy drafty class, so he would probably be a top 5 pick most other years.

          If we could trade back in the draft and get him in the top 10 and pick up extra picks, then I would be happy as heck. Ivey is a solid guard, which would allow us flexibility with Pugh's contract negotiation. Derrious Juice is a good RB and instant upgrade.


          I watched tape on some of the corners, but I wasn't overly impressed. I like to decide on DB's around bowl season and combines, based on speed, size and technique.
          Long Live the King

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Gee718 View Post


            Well the top 3 picks should speak for themselves and I figure the Giants are in need to CB's in the late round, but it's early in the process and I am still watching tape on CB's. I got a late start because i usually only follow positions of need and CB did not appear to be a position of need.

            McGlinchey is the best OT in the draft IMO, and I wanted him last season (There's a thread), but he decided to stay in. Problem is, staying one more year did nothing for his draft stock because this is a QB top heavy drafty class, so he would probably be a top 5 pick most other years.

            If we could trade back in the draft and get him in the top 10 and pick up extra picks, then I would be happy as heck. Ivey is a solid guard, which would allow us flexibility with Pugh's contract negotiation. Derrious Juice is a good RB and instant upgrade.


            I watched tape on some of the corners, but I wasn't overly impressed. I like to decide on DB's around bowl season and combines, based on speed, size and technique.
            McGlinchey is hands down the best run blocker at OT in the draft IMO. But his pass pro is not as good as Connor Williams and Orlando Brown IMO. Then again it's college so who knows how it all translates at the next level. It's possible McGlinchey ends up on the Right Side. I think Williams and Brown are two stud LT prospects, but they don't hold a candle to McGlinchey in run blocking. I'd be happy with any of them and would be perfectly fin with McGlinchey at RT so long as he can hold his own in pass pro at the next level. He has the potential to be the best RT in the NFL if he can improve in pass pro with development. So i cans ee why many have him as the first OT on their boards. But for a LT who projects to be a stud in pass pro it's williams or brown to my eyes. They both have vice grips for hands and once they get their hands on defenders, it is over.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post

              McGlinchey is hands down the best run blocker at OT in the draft IMO. But his pass pro is not as good as Connor Williams and Orlando Brown IMO. Then again it's college so who knows how it all translates at the next level. It's possible McGlinchey ends up on the Right Side. I think Williams and Brown are two stud LT prospects, but they don't hold a candle to McGlinchey in run blocking. I'd be happy with any of them and would be perfectly fin with McGlinchey at RT so long as he can hold his own in pass pro at the next level. He has the potential to be the best RT in the NFL if he can improve in pass pro with development. So i cans ee why many have him as the first OT on their boards. But for a LT who projects to be a stud in pass pro it's williams or brown to my eyes. They both have vice grips for hands and once they get their hands on defenders, it is over.
              Gotta say as clunky as his feet are, Tyrell Crosby is killing it in pass pro and is a beast in the run game... Cant forget about him when mentioning the top OT Talents

              Hell id be OK with any of the top 4, but Brown and Crosby are my 2 favs
              Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Gee718 View Post


                Well the top 3 picks should speak for themselves and I figure the Giants are in need to CB's in the late round, but it's early in the process and I am still watching tape on CB's. I got a late start because i usually only follow positions of need and CB did not appear to be a position of need.

                McGlinchey is the best OT in the draft IMO, and I wanted him last season (There's a thread), but he decided to stay in. Problem is, staying one more year did nothing for his draft stock because this is a QB top heavy drafty class, so he would probably be a top 5 pick most other years.

                If we could trade back in the draft and get him in the top 10 and pick up extra picks, then I would be happy as heck. Ivey is a solid guard, which would allow us flexibility with Pugh's contract negotiation. Derrious Juice is a good RB and instant upgrade.


                I watched tape on some of the corners, but I wasn't overly impressed. I like to decide on DB's around bowl season and combines, based on speed, size and technique.
                Jaire Alexander was my favorite going into the season at cb, but minkah fitzpatrick has been getting the most hype. waiting to see what the measurables and combine looks like sounds like a reasonable plan to me.

                My favorte guar after Q nelson is will hernandez, but i admit i've not looked at ivey much. how do those 2 compare?

                Who do ya like at LB?
                Last edited by bigpoppy; 12-05-2017, 08:48 PM.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post

                  Gotta say as clunky as his feet are, Tyrell Crosby is killing it in pass pro and is a beast in the run game... Cant forget about him when mentioning the top OT Talents

                  Hell id be OK with any of the top 4, but Brown and Crosby are my 2 favs
                  yeah man. for sure. there are a couple of late risers starting to climb as well. Martinas Rankin is getting lots of love. He could surprise at the next level. Brian O'neal also has upside. Jamraco Jones. It's going to be interesting!

                  Kolton Miller?

                  Andre Dillard?
                  Brandon Parker?
                  Last edited by bigpoppy; 12-05-2017, 08:44 PM.

                  Comment


                  • clelin ferell could be the pass rusher we need. don't know much about the prospects at that position, but seemed lie a great value in the third, considering most mocks have him going in round 1.

                    2: R1P2

                    QB BAKER MAYFIELD
                    OKLAHOMA
                    34: R2P2
                    OT ORLANDO BROWN
                    OKLAHOMA
                    66: R3P2
                    EDGE CLELIN FERRELL
                    CLEMSON
                    104: R4P2

                    C FRANK RAGNOW
                    ARKANSAS
                    135: R4P33

                    LB RASHAAN EVANS
                    ALABAMA
                    140: R5P2

                    LB SKAI MOORE
                    SOUTH CAROLINA
                    181: R6P2

                    G BRADEN SMITH
                    AUBURN

                    Comment


                    • It's weird as a Giants fan, to start looking at LB's. Every year, I never bother with LB's, and rarely do I mock them before the 5th round. All that mat change this season. It's going to be a hard year to mock because we don't know what the new GM likes.
                      Long Live the King

                      Comment


                      • 2: R1P2

                        LB ROQUAN SMITH
                        GEORGIA
                        34: R2P2
                        OT ORLANDO BROWN
                        OKLAHOMA
                        66: R3P2

                        QB LUKE FALK
                        WASHINGTON STATE
                        104: R4P2

                        C MASON COLE
                        MICHIGAN
                        135: R4P33

                        RB SONY MICHEL
                        GEORGIA
                        140: R5P2
                        CB ANTHONY AVERETT
                        ALABAMA
                        181: R6P2

                        RB RASHAAD PENNY
                        SDSU

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post

                          yeah man. for sure. there are a couple of late risers starting to climb as well. Martinas Rankin is getting lots of love. He could surprise at the next level. Brian O'neal also has upside. Jamraco Jones. It's going to be interesting!

                          Kolton Miller?

                          Andre Dillard?
                          Brandon Parker?
                          Rankins, Oneal, and Jones dont really wow me at all. Not familiar with Miller, Dillard or Parker
                          Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

                          Comment



                          • 2: R1P2
                            QB SAM DARNOLD
                            USC

                            34: R2P2
                            LB ROQUON SMITH
                            GEORGIA

                            66: R3P2
                            WR EQUANIMEOUS ST. BROWN
                            NOTRE DAME

                            104: R4P2
                            EDGE DUKE EJIOFOR
                            WAKE FOREST

                            135: R4P33
                            CB IMAN MARSHALL
                            USC

                            140: R5P2
                            CB CARLTON DAVIS
                            AUBURN

                            181: R6P2
                            G SCOTT QUESSENBERRY
                            UCLA

                            Comment


                            • 2: R1P2
                              EDGE BRADLEY CHUBB
                              NC STATE

                              34: R2P2
                              QB BAKER MAYFIELD
                              OKLAHOMA

                              66: R3P2
                              G BRADEN SMITH
                              AUBURN

                              104: R4P2
                              OT CHUKWUMA OKORAFOR
                              WESTERN MICHIGAN

                              135: R4P33
                              RB BO SCARBROUGH
                              ALABAMA

                              140: R5P2
                              LB JASON CABINDA
                              PENN STATE

                              181: R6P2
                              CB DUKE DAWSON
                              FLORIDA

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post

                                Rankins, Oneal, and Jones dont really wow me at all. Not familiar with Miller, Dillard or Parker
                                I like rankin, who may eventually move inside but has been one of the best pass blockers in college football this year.He has a great frame and could get even bigger and stronger. light on his feet and moves well, is very athletic for a big man. j Jones could also move inside possibly but he has that mauler in the run game thing happening. O neal has potential and upside as he was originally a TE and is still growing into the position. He is very athletic and scored 2 TDs as I'm sure you know. they all appear to be upgrades to what the NYG currently have and good solid prospects. I'm intrigued by parker and miller whose names keep popping up as risers and some of the small school guys we don't hear much about sometimes turn out to be studs but are way more risky as prospects. Ton of choices at the OL positions this year. Should be interesting.
                                Last edited by bigpoppy; 12-07-2017, 09:45 AM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X