OT TOBY WEATHERSBY
        LSU
        181: R6P2

TE DALLAS GOEDERT
        S DAKOTA ST
        TEAM DRAFT ASSESSMENT

Comment

• Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post

tell us about some of those guys. anything you like/dislike particularly? anything of note?

Well the top 3 picks should speak for themselves and I figure the Giants are in need to CB's in the late round, but it's early in the process and I am still watching tape on CB's. I got a late start because i usually only follow positions of need and CB did not appear to be a position of need.

McGlinchey is the best OT in the draft IMO, and I wanted him last season (There's a thread), but he decided to stay in. Problem is, staying one more year did nothing for his draft stock because this is a QB top heavy drafty class, so he would probably be a top 5 pick most other years.

If we could trade back in the draft and get him in the top 10 and pick up extra picks, then I would be happy as heck. Ivey is a solid guard, which would allow us flexibility with Pugh's contract negotiation. Derrious Juice is a good RB and instant upgrade.

I watched tape on some of the corners, but I wasn't overly impressed. I like to decide on DB's around bowl season and combines, based on speed, size and technique.
          Long Live the King

Comment

• Originally posted by Gee718 View Post

Well the top 3 picks should speak for themselves and I figure the Giants are in need to CB's in the late round, but it's early in the process and I am still watching tape on CB's. I got a late start because i usually only follow positions of need and CB did not appear to be a position of need.

McGlinchey is the best OT in the draft IMO, and I wanted him last season (There's a thread), but he decided to stay in. Problem is, staying one more year did nothing for his draft stock because this is a QB top heavy drafty class, so he would probably be a top 5 pick most other years.

If we could trade back in the draft and get him in the top 10 and pick up extra picks, then I would be happy as heck. Ivey is a solid guard, which would allow us flexibility with Pugh's contract negotiation. Derrious Juice is a good RB and instant upgrade.

I watched tape on some of the corners, but I wasn't overly impressed. I like to decide on DB's around bowl season and combines, based on speed, size and technique.
            McGlinchey is hands down the best run blocker at OT in the draft IMO. But his pass pro is not as good as Connor Williams and Orlando Brown IMO. Then again it's college so who knows how it all translates at the next level. It's possible McGlinchey ends up on the Right Side. I think Williams and Brown are two stud LT prospects, but they don't hold a candle to McGlinchey in run blocking. I'd be happy with any of them and would be perfectly fin with McGlinchey at RT so long as he can hold his own in pass pro at the next level. He has the potential to be the best RT in the NFL if he can improve in pass pro with development. So i cans ee why many have him as the first OT on their boards. But for a LT who projects to be a stud in pass pro it's williams or brown to my eyes. They both have vice grips for hands and once they get their hands on defenders, it is over.

Comment

McGlinchey is hands down the best run blocker at OT in the draft IMO. But his pass pro is not as good as Connor Williams and Orlando Brown IMO. Then again it's college so who knows how it all translates at the next level. It's possible McGlinchey ends up on the Right Side. I think Williams and Brown are two stud LT prospects, but they don't hold a candle to McGlinchey in run blocking. I'd be happy with any of them and would be perfectly fin with McGlinchey at RT so long as he can hold his own in pass pro at the next level. He has the potential to be the best RT in the NFL if he can improve in pass pro with development. So i cans ee why many have him as the first OT on their boards. But for a LT who projects to be a stud in pass pro it's williams or brown to my eyes. They both have vice grips for hands and once they get their hands on defenders, it is over.
              Gotta say as clunky as his feet are, Tyrell Crosby is killing it in pass pro and is a beast in the run game... Cant forget about him when mentioning the top OT Talents

Hell id be OK with any of the top 4, but Brown and Crosby are my 2 favs
              Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

• Originally posted by Gee718 View Post

Jaire Alexander was my favorite going into the season at cb, but minkah fitzpatrick has been getting the most hype. waiting to see what the measurables and combine looks like sounds like a reasonable plan to me.

My favorte guar after Q nelson is will hernandez, but i admit i've not looked at ivey much. how do those 2 compare?

Who do ya like at LB?
                Last edited by bigpoppy; 12-05-2017, 08:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post

Gotta say as clunky as his feet are, Tyrell Crosby is killing it in pass pro and is a beast in the run game... Cant forget about him when mentioning the top OT Talents

Hell id be OK with any of the top 4, but Brown and Crosby are my 2 favs
                  yeah man. for sure. there are a couple of late risers starting to climb as well. Martinas Rankin is getting lots of love. He could surprise at the next level. Brian O'neal also has upside. Jamraco Jones. It's going to be interesting!

Kolton Miller?

Andre Dillard?
                  Brandon Parker?
                  Last edited by bigpoppy; 12-05-2017, 08:44 PM.

Comment

• clelin ferell could be the pass rusher we need. don't know much about the prospects at that position, but seemed lie a great value in the third, considering most mocks have him going in round 1.

2: R1P2

QB BAKER MAYFIELD
                    OKLAHOMA
                    34: R2P2
                    OT ORLANDO BROWN
                    OKLAHOMA
                    66: R3P2
                    EDGE CLELIN FERRELL
                    CLEMSON
                    104: R4P2

C FRANK RAGNOW
                    ARKANSAS
                    135: R4P33

LB RASHAAN EVANS
                    ALABAMA
                    140: R5P2

LB SKAI MOORE
                    SOUTH CAROLINA

G BRADEN SMITH
                    AUBURN

Comment

• It's weird as a Giants fan, to start looking at LB's. Every year, I never bother with LB's, and rarely do I mock them before the 5th round. All that mat change this season. It's going to be a hard year to mock because we don't know what the new GM likes.
                      Long Live the King

Comment

• 2: R1P2

LB ROQUAN SMITH
                        GEORGIA
                        OT ORLANDO BROWN
                        OKLAHOMA

QB LUKE FALK
                        WASHINGTON STATE

C MASON COLE
                        MICHIGAN

RB SONY MICHEL
                        GEORGIA
                        CB ANTHONY AVERETT
                        ALABAMA

RB RASHAAD PENNY
                        SDSU

Comment

yeah man. for sure. there are a couple of late risers starting to climb as well. Martinas Rankin is getting lots of love. He could surprise at the next level. Brian O'neal also has upside. Jamraco Jones. It's going to be interesting!

Kolton Miller?

Andre Dillard?
                          Brandon Parker?
                          Rankins, Oneal, and Jones dont really wow me at all. Not familiar with Miller, Dillard or Parker
                          Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

QB SAM DARNOLD
                            USC

LB ROQUON SMITH
                            GEORGIA

WR EQUANIMEOUS ST. BROWN
                            NOTRE DAME

EDGE DUKE EJIOFOR
                            WAKE FOREST

CB IMAN MARSHALL
                            USC

CB CARLTON DAVIS
                            AUBURN

G SCOTT QUESSENBERRY
                            UCLA

Comment

EDGE BRADLEY CHUBB
                              NC STATE

QB BAKER MAYFIELD
                              OKLAHOMA

G BRADEN SMITH
                              AUBURN

OT CHUKWUMA OKORAFOR
                              WESTERN MICHIGAN

RB BO SCARBROUGH
                              ALABAMA

LB JASON CABINDA
                              PENN STATE

CB DUKE DAWSON
                              FLORIDA

Comment

• Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post

Rankins, Oneal, and Jones dont really wow me at all. Not familiar with Miller, Dillard or Parker
                                I like rankin, who may eventually move inside but has been one of the best pass blockers in college football this year.He has a great frame and could get even bigger and stronger. light on his feet and moves well, is very athletic for a big man. j Jones could also move inside possibly but he has that mauler in the run game thing happening. O neal has potential and upside as he was originally a TE and is still growing into the position. He is very athletic and scored 2 TDs as I'm sure you know. they all appear to be upgrades to what the NYG currently have and good solid prospects. I'm intrigued by parker and miller whose names keep popping up as risers and some of the small school guys we don't hear much about sometimes turn out to be studs but are way more risky as prospects. Ton of choices at the OL positions this year. Should be interesting.
                                Last edited by bigpoppy; 12-07-2017, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X