• Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post
      10 running backs to choose from in the article

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf...ack_prosp.html
      Now you see why chubb made my 3rd round pick
      Long Live the King

Comment

• Originally posted by Gee718 View Post

derrius guice, damien harris, sony michel, rashad penny also appear comparable talent wise. have not looked to in depth at RB personally.

Comment

• Round 2

The secondary is still an issue of concern for the Jets, even as they rebuilt their backend last year by selecting two safeties in last year’s first two rounds of the NFL Draft. Jaire Alexander was one of the top cornerbacks in college football this past year and could compete for a starting job this year with the Jets.

He is also a pretty decent punt returner. The Louisville cornerback breaks to the ball well.
          https://www.metro.us/sports/new-york...nfl-mock-draft

jaire alexander looked like a top 10 pick at cb last season but was injured this season...also possible he is a slot corner in the NFL. dude can flat out cover smaller receivers, but may have issues with big bodies. OTOH with his speed & cover ability maybe he can excel. Potentially a shut down corner. for those reasons mentioned he may drop to round 2 or even 3. he potentially could be a steal at 2 and definitely appears to be a steal at 3. for those reasons i'm putting him here a potentially underrated.

Comment

What sucks for Chubb is that I at least think he would’ve been a lock to be a 1st rounder before his horrific injury. If you go back and look at his freshman highlights, he was so explosive, sudden, and his straight line speed was better.

Comment

• I wonder if we could go DE Chubb in the 1st and then RB Chubb in the 3rd? Talk about getting a chubby.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jmulroy99 View Post

What sucks for Chubb is that I at least think he would’ve been a lock to be a 1st rounder before his horrific injury. If you go back and look at his freshman highlights, he was so explosive, sudden, and his straight line speed was better.
                It happened at a young age. Myles Garret is looking pretty good for the Jags. Guys heal when they are that young.
                Long Live the King

Comment

• I doubt the GMEN get a WR. Maybe some UDFA's, unless Gettleman is making contingency plans for ODB
                  Long Live the King

Comment

I doubt the GMEN get a WR. Maybe some UDFA's, unless Gettleman is making contingency plans for ODB
                    There should be plenty of them to choose from as UDFAs. Can we find the next victor cruz?

Comment

Frank Raginow, C

tdawg pointed him out early in his thread http://boards.giants.com/forum/new-y...955988-2018-ol

We have to draft the dude. IF we do nothing else, we have to draft the dude

if he drops below round 2 he is a steal IMO

billy price and mason cole are also good options of course, but raginow is my personal favorite as the underrated guy. more of a mauler in run game than cole i think. price goes round 2 or higher most likely, leaving raginow as a MUST DRAFT
                      Round 1, Pick 31

Mason Cole, C/G, Michigan

Cole has size and versatility, two things the Eagles covet. At 6-foot-5, he may need to add some muscle to his 305 pound frame but would be a good fit in Philly. If Jason Peters calls it a career, Philly will need to do some rechuffling for the future at offensive line. With few tackles on the board near the Eagles pick, taking the best interior lineman in the draft is a smart move, as Jason Kelce also reaches into his 30s.

I see cole all over the place in mocks....... he could drop to lower rounds and become a potentially very good value pick. Isaiah wynn, billy price, mason cole and frank raginow are the centers most widely talked about this year.

I liked mason cole's tape. The thing with cole is he is 6'5" which is tall for a center but only 305 lbs which is light for his height. He can easily add 15-20 lbs of muscle to his frame. he could be a good lineman that can play all positions if all goes as planned and he develops well. with the added muscle he will be a force with good size, brains and athleticism.

Comment

• great article with a bunch of sleepers>>> will hernandez, desmond harrison, marcus davenport make the list....look>>>>>

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...draft-sleepers

Leighton Vander Esch, LB, Boise State

A junior entry into the draft class, Leighton Vander Esch currently sits at No. 50 overall on my big board. He's an instinctive, athletic linebacker with the range to lock down the run game outside the hash marks and to drop into zone coverage from the middle of the field. He's a heat-seeking missile against the run, too. Vander Esch should be in play early in Round 2 for teams like New England or Miami that need an upgrade at linebacker.

finally a LB sleeper to scout!

Desmond Harrison, OT, West Georgia

After transferring to Texas from Contra Costa Community College (California) in 2013, Desmond Harrison was one of a handful of players dismissed from the team by former head coach Charlie Strong. He landed on his feet at West Georgia, and his tape there has been impressive against small-time talent. Harrison will be at the Senior Bowl and has a chance to build on the hype surrounding his athleticism at left tackle.
                        Desmond Harrison to me is the potential sleeper of the draft. HUGE ceiling IMO.

Will Hernandez, OG, UTEP

UTEP's Will HernandezSue Ogrocki/Associated Press/Associated Press
                        One of the meanest blockers in the entire draft class, don't let the fact that Will Hernandez plays at UTEP turn you away. He has a legitimate chance to be the second or third guard off the board and carries a solid Round 2 grade. Teams that want to improve their toughness and run blocking at guard should be all over Hernandez.

You guys already know how much i love hernandez. to me he is up there as one of the best Lineman in the entire draft, from what i can tell. Luv the way the dude plays. Nasty. First rounder IMO.

Breeland Speaks, DL, Ole Miss

A junior entry into the draft, Breeland Speaks will impress you with his first-step quickness and ability to shoot gaps as a pass-rusher. He fits the ideal 3-technique (or under tackle) size at 6'3" and 285 pounds. Put him in the B-gap of a 4-3 defense and he's going to make plays for you. Speaks has a Round 3-4 grade before we get to see him at the combine.
                        Kase1 should love reading that!

Alex Cappa, OT, Humboldt State

A standout at a small school, Alex Cappa has the tools to be a starter in the NFL within a season or two. The good news is he's already working with famed offensive line coach LeCharles Bentley in his preparation for the Senior Bowl and the NFL draft. To go from Humboldt to the NFL, you need a little extra help, but Cappa has the foundation to be very good and is now getting the right guidance.
                        dude has potential for sure.
                        Last edited by bigpoppy; 01-12-2018, 04:08 PM.

Comment

• https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...018-nfl-draft/

RB ito Smith the steal of the draft according to the article. Nice!

Comment

It happened at a young age. Myles Garret is looking pretty good for the Jags. Guys heal when they are that young.

Browns. Garrett plays for the Brownies.

Comment

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...018-nfl-draft/

RB ito Smith the steal of the draft according to the article. Nice!
                              He on the small side. His ball security will be challenged in th NFL. I don't see him going high as CBS predicted. I see him in 4 -7 round.

Comment

• Some i liked i Levi Wallace ( Alabama ) CB .
                                Has good size and a walk on . Who eventually got a scholarship from Saban. That's saying something.

Comment

Working...
                                X