No announcement yet.

2018 NFL DRAFT- underrated sleepers & under the radar prospects

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• article calls siran neal, dorance armstrong, Kyzir white and others Impact players. author loves siran neal>>>>>>
    https://ninernoise.com/2018/02/13/49...sco-defense/5/

"Kyzir White, Safety, West Virginia

Kyzir White is an amazing talent. Fearless, physical, possessing tremendous explosion and described as a “freight train,” who leaves his marks on opposing ball carriers, White has no issues in setting the tone of a football game.

Coming through the junior college ranks (JUCO), White needed time to grow into his body and develop his physical traits. At 6-foot-2 and 216 pounds, the Mountaineer brings a hard-nosed game, mirroring the likes of former 49er safety Dashon Goldson.

To have White on the roster and competing for a starting job only solidifies the defensive effort the 49ers should put forward on its agenda.

Genetically, the White brothers were born and raised to be football players. His brother, Kevin, is a wide receiver for the Chicago Bears, and sibling, K’Raun, currently plays wide receiver for West Virginia.

The gene pool runs deep with talent for the White clan, the 49ers family would welcome Kyzir White with open arms, and be grateful to have him on board.

Dorance Armstrong Jr., EDGE/OLB, Kansas

Addressing a major need on defense, I have Dorance Armstrong Jr. as the No.1 edge guy on my big board. I don’t see John Lynch trading up for Bradley Chubb out of NC State, and I don’t see Chubb falling past No. 5 overall, so edge rusher will have to come elsewhere in the draft and, most likely, in the second round for the 49ers.

Armstrong played his collegiate career at Kansas. And due to the lack of talent on the defensive side of the ball, Armstrong had to take on double-team blocks constantly and without pause. But while his numbers are not the best around, scouts have him scaled to the second round.

With a good combine effort, Armstrong could make a case of sliding into the end of the first round. I definitely don’t see him getting out of the second round, no shot that’s happening. Armstrong is a dog-gone beast! Teams will line up for his services once the second round bell rings for opening.

Considering the lack of a pure outside pass rush from defensive end Solomon Thomas, the 49ers may look to move him inside while bringing in a talented force on the edge they so desperately need.

With the 59th pick in the 2018 NFL Draft, the San Francisco 49ers select Dorance Armstrong Jr., OLB, Kansas.

If only this could come to fruition.

J.C. Jackson, CB, Maryland

The demand for cornerbacks are always of high value in previous NFL Drafts. Nothing changes in 2018, the corner position will certainly be in high demand.

On my big board, the very talented and extremely versatile athlete, Minkah Fitzpatrick, is the No. 1 defensive back in the 2018 NFL Draft. 49ers

NINER NOISE 13h
    49ers NFL Draft: 5 impact players San Francisco should want on defense
    Unfortunately, Fitzpatrick will most likely come off the board before the 49ers select at No. 9 or No. 10 (depending on a coin flip). Also with the need at linebacker being so critical for the 49ers, John Lynch will have to search other options to secure a good defensive back.

Owning two selections at the top of the third round, pick Nos. 70 and 74 overall, the 49ers will have to gauge then determine how they want to address the perimeter position.

Lynch and Kyle Shanahan took a calculated risk last year in moving up into the first round from the second to obtain the services of Reuben Foster. While understanding Foster’s injuries and checkered past was of major concern, Lynch made his choice to better his team with the talented linebacker out of Alabama despite possible fallout.

Enter 6-foot-1, 185-pound true boundary corner, J.C. Jackson of Maryland.

Originally signing to play his collegiate ball with the Florida Gators in 2014, Jackson worked hard on the field to break the starting lineup. However, trouble found the young Jackson down in Gainesville.

Court’s judgement of not guilty of all four charges including: three counts of home invasion with a deadly weapon and one count of burglary of an occupied dwelling, Jackson needed to find a way out of Florida and in a hurry.

D.J. Durkin, head coach of the Maryland Terrapins took Jackson under his wing and set his feet on the road to recovery. Says Jackson of Durkin, “Coach Durkin, he just really taught me how to be a man.”

Jackson brings some baggage, yes. But the kid has dedicated his life to the game of football. Jackson is a first-round talent falling possibly to the third round. Walter Football has him off the big board between the second and third round. Jackson would be a steal at pick No. 70 overall for the 49ers, should Lynch take a calculated risk once again.

I say, stay on your path to redemption, son, and come be a part of the 49ers organization.

Siran Neal, Cornerback, Jacksonville State

Today’s NFL rely heavily on corners who can line up with slot receivers and guys who can play at the line-of-scrimmage who are capable to play nickel as well. These highly touted traits are of great commodity for teams across the board throughout the league.

At 6-foot-1, 200 pounds, Siran Neal has become the object of my obsession.(emphasis added LOL)

Neal is a versatile athlete able to play defensive back in the slot, on the boundary and come off the edge with ease. This coveted combination of athleticism is what defensive coordinator Robert Saleh could really use in his style of defense.
    There is track speed, then there’s football speed. Neal won’t break any 40 times at the NFL Scouting Combine. But what he lacks on the track, he makes up very well with his pads on. Plainly stated, Siran Neal is a football player, and football players are the need in San Francisco.

NFL.com describes Neal as an “aggressive, a wrap-up striker, who drives his feet and finishes. Shows off desired lateral range and athletic ability in run support.”

I covet Neal as a nickel back to start off his career, but later moving to strong safety able to give run support at the line of scrimmage, where he earns his bread and butter.

The former Gamecock would be greeted by the 49ers organization with good standing."
    Last edited by bigpoppy; 02-13-2018, 11:06 PM.

Comment

• So is Kyzir white more of an in the box strong safety or a centerfield free safety???

We already have arguably the best SS in the league, and while Thompson could use work Adams didnt look bad.

I dont know if i want to spend an esrly round pick on a position we arent desperate for
      Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

• Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post
        So is Kyzir white more of an in the box strong safety or a centerfield free safety???

We already have arguably the best SS in the league, and while Thompson could use work Adams didnt look bad.

I dont know if i want to spend an esrly round pick on a position we arent desperate for
        understood. i read that betcher's defense in arizona utilized multiple hybrid safety/linebacker type players.... so who knows.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post

understood. i read that betcher's defense in arizona utilized multiple hybrid safety/linebacker type players.... so who knows.
          He sounds like LC Lite, but i just dont know where to put him, LB maybe??

Im honestly not too familiar with his system, and the roles of the players. Cant say i see too many cards games.

In todays game, safety/lb sound like good ideas given how pass happy the league has become
          Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

• deep sleeper Safety Natrell Jamerson

won the mvp of shrine game apparently

https://herosports.com/nfl-draft/fil...playmaker-byby

Comment

• Dj moore.

i don't think he is underrated any more, but i think DJ moore has beast potential. He may open some eyes at the combine and get himself into round 1 talk. Or not.

https://www.pressboxonline.com/2018/...-for-nfl-draft

Comment

• pff says denzel ward and darius williams are top 2 cbs on the list>>>>>>>>>>
                https://www.profootballfocus.com/new...fl-draft-class

i like what i'm reading about cb darius williams. every indication is that he will be a steal based on the media hype.

he is small though i think....so maybe too small

Last edited by bigpoppy; 02-16-2018, 01:26 AM.

Comment

• mike hughes cb called most underrated cb in college football (just bombs Video)

https://herosports.com/nfl-draft/hig...ts-browns-b6b6

i duuno if he is underrated at this point, but the dude is a baller. return guy also

Comment

• 1 guy who I think is underrated is Ryan Izzo, TE from FSU. He is a very good blocker and underrated catcher. If you go back and watch Davlin Cook highlights from 2016 you will consistently see this guy setting an edge for Cook. In 2017, when he became the main TE FSU had QB issues that severely hurt his productions. Despite that, he was one of the few guys for FSU on offense who tended to show up in big rivalry games. WalterFootball has him as a round 5-7 prospect and I think he is worth a late round pick and could make someone happy, even if just as a blocker.

sigpic

Comment

• Olasunkanmi Adeniyi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bswwPfPYWJg

sleeper according to the video, is an undersized edge rusher 3 4 OLB had great production

Comment

• ILB frankie luvu
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEz***6mFSI

Comment

• pff offensive players>>>>>>>>>

https://www.profootballfocus.com/new...the-2018-draft

Comment

• WR trequan smith
                            like the potential

not being talked about much in the media. deep WR class. will be interesting to see where he goes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs2IvbqTEZo

Comment

• Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post
                              WR trequan smith
                              like the potential

not being talked about much in the media. deep WR class. will be interesting to see where he goes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs2IvbqTEZo
                              I feel like i say this every year, but id like a big body posession wr to pair with odell and shep. Someone who may not be a burner but makes excellent catches, wins 50-50 balls, and runs precise routes

So far my top wrs that fit that mold are Auden Tate, Simmie Cobbs, and Allen Lazard...... But ESB is still my fav wr this year

Comment

• "Round 4 – Pick 131

Jack Cichy, LB, Wisconsin

On a team with so few holes, sometimes it is about preparing for holes to open up. The Jacksonville linebacker corps of Myles Jack, Telvin Smith and Paul Posluszny are one of the best in the league. The latter of which is a free agent this offseason. It would be a surprise to see him go elsewhere but he is also 33, turning 34 next season. That is an aging player at an extremely important position who may not return to the field. The other two extremely athletic linebackers can pick up the slack but it is a position that can be addressed.

Enter one of the most underrated prospects in the 2018 NFL draft, Jack Cichy of Wisconsin. Continuing in the tradition of fantastic linebackers out of Wisconsin, Cichy is exactly what you would expect from a Badger linebacker.

An unfortunate ACL injury cost Cichy his final season at Wisconsin. He has had two season ending injuries in his time at Wisconsin. When healthy he was one of the best linebackers in the Big 10. He can make all the plays you want from an NFL linebacker. This pick makes a ton of sense.

He could learn from Posluszny while Jack and Smith take most of the reps. Meanwhile he can rehab and get back to 100%. Once Posluszny moves on he can assume that role. Medicals will play a major role in his evaluation. If they all check out clean there is no reason Cichy should go any lower than this."
                                https://fansided.com/2018/02/17/jack...even-rounds/4/

Comment

Working...
                                X