Baker Mayfield

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jaxnygmen View Post

He is in the mold of a Drew Brees. The kid is a gamer and a proven winner. I think if we trade down, acquire picks, and take him I would not be too upset. This is a good QB class and should be very interesting.
    Drew Brees with more mobility and less arm strength. He has Drew's passion and size. I loved Drew Brees coming out of Purdue and his fall in the draft was ridiculous. Boilermakers get no love in NCAAF.

I wouldn't bet against Mayfield to succeed. The numbers and tape are hard to ignore
    Long Live the King

Comment

• I think the Giants should swing for the fences and take Lamar Jackson. Too much upside, a once in a generation talent whose mobility will be nearly impossible to gameplan against. For everyone saying hes going to get hurt like RG3, hes not RG3. There are plently of current NFL QBs with similar height/weight. And hes still a solid pocket passer despite what most detractors say with plenty of room to grow. He can make throws that most current QBs can only dream of and has mike vick scrambling ability. Won heisman last year and had better stats this year and probably shouldve won it again this year except mayfield will win it. As long as he has a passion for the game and doesnt get seriously injured he will be a star

Comment

• Originally posted by GoodbyeWilson View Post
        I think the Giants should swing for the fences and take Lamar Jackson. Too much upside, a once in a generation talent whose mobility will be nearly impossible to gameplan against. For everyone saying hes going to get hurt like RG3, hes not RG3. There are plently of current NFL QBs with similar height/weight. And hes still a solid pocket passer despite what most detractors say with plenty of room to grow. He can make throws that most current QBs can only dream of and has mike vick scrambling ability. Won heisman last year and had better stats this year and probably shouldve won it again this year except mayfield will win it. As long as he has a passion for the game and doesnt get seriously injured he will be a star
        I'm not against swinging for the fences. I'd still like to see them trade down a few spots and then take a QB. That way if they miss on the pick, it isnt a big deal since they got at least an extra second rounder to make up for the miss. To hedge the bet would be prudent.

2 cents

Comment

• I think if you're going for a QB round one then you're better off trading UP to get your guy instead of trading down. The buzz for the QBs always goes up around the Combine and then we saw last year what can happen when there's suddenly a run of QBs off of the board. If they decide that Rosen or Mayfield or whoever else is their guy just get them. Imagine losing out on the QB you wanted for the next decade because the Broncos, for example, jumped up two spots to nab him ahead of us.

I was sold on Rosen but this thread might have changed my mind...

Jackson is the wildcard. I'd love him to succeed.

Comment

• Mayfield is awesome and has become my fav qb proapect, but ideally we wont have to draft a qb and Webb somehow shows hes the future.

that being said, if webb shows nothing id be happy with Rosen or Mayfield, Jackson if we trade down a few spots, or even Rudolph or Allen in the 3rd. There are a ton of ways we can go.... ESPECIALLY with a new GM

gonna be an exciting off season
            Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

• Baker takes the Heisman with ease...
              2017 Heisman Trophy winner: Oklahoma's Baker Mayfield earns sport's highest honor

Mayfield is the sixth Oklahoma player to win the Heisman since its inception

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...highest-honor/

Comment

• Here's the full Baker Mayfield Heisman acceptance speech:
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLd67s8M8ss

The kid sounds like the next franchise QB of the NY Giants. ;-)

Comment

• Comment

• Short. Small hands.

In cold weather? He is also BARELY a positive athletically.

On draft night he will be 23 yo. Darnold will be 20.

Comment

• https://stanford.rivals.com/news/lov...man-vote-total

is it me or is mayfield the tallest dude of the three? 3 inch High heels?

Comment

• Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post
                        https://stanford.rivals.com/news/lov...man-vote-total

is it me or is mayfield the tallest dude of the three? 3 inch High heels?
                        He is 6'1''
                        Love is 5'10"
                        Lamar is listed at 6'3" but no way unless baker is 6'3" too.

I don't think his height will be a negative but hand size could if they are small.

Comment

• Originally posted by BIG_Blue_87 View Post
                          Short. Small hands.

lol

Hater

Show me where you got hand measurements from before he did them?

Comment

Short. Small hands.

Yeah, lets draft people based on age and not on talent. We should have drafted David Njoku over Evan Engrams I guess because David was one of the youngest players ever drafted in the NFL. Should we start using that logic? :P

Comment

• Originally posted by compaqnigg View Post
                              Yeah, lets draft people based on age and not on talent. We should have drafted David Njoku over Evan Engrams I guess because David was one of the youngest players ever drafted in the NFL. Should we start using that logic? :P
                              Um. You're talking apples and oranges here.

Darnold is superior in every way outside of the IT factor. His playmaking and mobility are right on par. Hell he may have the same it factor. Anyway.

The qb position is far different than all others. Brains and maturity come into play. Some can argue Mayfield is who he is. Darnold is more pliable. If you see the history of top 5 drafted qb to win a super bowl, it is very grim. I think development is a major part of that that people often overlook.

With Darnold being 20 and Mayfield being 23, imagine where Darnold and his draft-best potential will be in 3 years. Imo Mayfield is who he is now and will remain close to that level. Darnold has multiple tiers more of potential than Mayfield.

Darnold is 6'5, mobile and has a cannon. He uses his mobility to get guys open. His pocket awareness is advanced and he has that quality of knowing where all dlinemen are during their rush and escape them.

Mayfield is the same thing but 5'11, with small hands and 3 years older.

I'll take the 6'5 kid.

Comment

Um. You're talking apples and oranges here.

Darnold is superior in every way outside of the IT factor. His playmaking and mobility are right on par. Hell he may have the same it factor. Anyway.
                                When you say it factor, are you meaning turnovers? Because then he definitely has "it". His 2017 season he definitely regressed very much. People are hyping him from 2016 still.
                                Originally posted by BIG_Blue_87 View Post

With Darnold being 20 and Mayfield being 23, imagine where Darnold and his draft-best potential will be in 3 years. Imo Mayfield is who he is now and will remain close to that level. Darnold has multiple tiers more of potential than Mayfield.
                                Im so glad Reese used that youth strategy drafting the youngest pick Ereck Flowers and the youngest pick Eli Apple in their respected drafts. Those worked out perfect huh?
                                Originally posted by BIG_Blue_87 View Post
                                Darnold is 6'5, mobile and has a cannon. He uses his mobility to get guys open. His pocket awareness is advanced and he has that quality of knowing where all dlinemen are during their rush and escape them.

Mayfield is the same thing but 5'11, with small hands and 3 years older.

I'll take the 6'5 kid.
                                Yes, height is everything. Show me 1 source that has him listed at 5'11''' and small hands as you claim. All I see is 6'2'' and 6'1''' everywhere I look. And no, they didnt measure his hands yet. Stop lying.

Ramses Barden is so much better than ODell BEckham Jr because he was taller. Paxton Lynch is much better than Drew Brees too.

Im not saying he is a cant miss prospect, none ever are, but right now, MAyfield looks much better than Darnold in 2017. Its not even close.

By the way, ESPN lists Sam at 6'4'' 220 and Baker at 6'1'' 220. If Baker is only 5'10'' as you claim, maybe Darnold is only 6'1''...
                                Last edited by TheAnalyst; 12-10-2017, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X