Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Baker Mayfield

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by kingcap88 View Post
    Even though Oklahoma lost I still want the Giants to draft Mayfield, but they probably won't. I can see them going for Darnold or Rosen.
    I don't think they draft a QB at #2. I think they go Chubb or OL.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

      I don't think they draft a QB at #2. I think they go Chubb or OL.
      If they don't go QB then Gettleman is already digging himself into an early hole if he's going to just stick with Eli and Webb.
      One of these teams is not like the others

      sigpic

      Comment


      • Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

        Tony Romo
        Another good comparison.
        It's not Eli's fault....It's the chemtrails!!!!

        Comment


        • He's a poor mans Doug Flutie and a complete clown on and off the field. I'd pass.
          I may not believe in a higher power but I believe in Elisha Nelson Manning.

          Comment


          • Yeah, you would think Deshawn Watson success before he got injured would make NFL Scouts smarten up and stop over-analyzing QB's who have a lot of success in College Football. It is like now if you're too good on the college level that works against you. Trubisky and Mahomes going before Watson last year was a JOKE! Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson, Sam Darnold going before Baker Mayfield would be a JOKE!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Blue_ToThe_Bone View Post
              He's a poor mans Doug Flutie and a complete clown on and off the field. I'd pass.
              I think he's going to be an outstanding NFL player.
              It's not Eli's fault....It's the chemtrails!!!!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

                I see more a Brett Favre comparison.
                I honestly see them as pretty opposite players. Favre was a gunslinger who would make risky throws. Yesterday when watching Baker, I saw a guy who was shy throwing into tight windows. Generally, a good thing in terms of having few turnovers, but he took too many sacks and would not throw unless his receiver had great separation. No where near as pro ready as Rosen either--didn't make a single audible or go in a huddle all game yesterday.

                Do see Favre's passion for the game in him though.
                1. Ryan Ramcyzk, OT, Wisconsin
                2. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vanderbilt
                3. Dalvin Tomlinson, DT, Alabama
                4. Samaje Perine, RB, Oklahoma

                Comment


                • Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

                  I don't think they draft a QB at #2. I think they go Chubb or OL.
                  OL at 2 no way. They'll trade down with someone like Denver if they want an OL in the first round. A guard isn't going 2nd overall.

                  Chubb is a possibility... so is Key.

                  I think they'll go QB though. Unless you're a team like the Browns or Oakland, you don't pick in the top five often. Franchise QBs are so hard to come by. It's worth taking a shot on one while we have the opportunity.

                  I know I'm in the minority here but I'm not sold on Mayfield like you guys. I'm not saying he will definitely bust, but he feels wildcardy to me. So does Darnold. Rosen is the closest thing to a sure thing in this draft. I agree with Cowherd's assessment on him, which is that his floor is that he'll be a better version of Matt Ryan. He's the best in the pocket, and he throws it much better than the others. Sign me up for that all day.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Dave Brown View Post

                    OL at 2 no way. They'll trade down with someone like Denver if they want an OL in the first round. A guard isn't going 2nd overall.

                    Chubb is a possibility... so is Key.

                    I think they'll go QB though. Unless you're a team like the Browns or Oakland, you don't pick in the top five often. Franchise QBs are so hard to come by. It's worth taking a shot on one while we have the opportunity.

                    I know I'm in the minority here but I'm not sold on Mayfield like you guys. I'm not saying he will definitely bust, but he feels wildcardy to me. So does Darnold. Rosen is the closest thing to a sure thing in this draft. I agree with Cowherd's assessment on him, which is that his floor is that he'll be a better version of Matt Ryan. He's the best in the pocket, and he throws it much better than the others. Sign me up for that all day.
                    I think you are making a trade down seem too easy. Giants rarely trade down. And Gettleman has only traded up in his years with the Panthers. Maybe being at #2 this year will make it easier, who knows. Or, maybe they love a OL prospect like Brown of Oklahoma and figure if they dont take him there, he could be gone.

                    I agree with the last part in your 3rd paragraph. We may not be this high in the draft in a long time again. QB should be the position we key in on, but with Gettlemans statements, it makes me believe he wants to build the trenches and build it up for Eli again. Im sure he is dying to see what Webb offers like all of us too.

                    To me, Mayfield feels like the best QB, but obvious character and immaturity concerns are alarming. As well as the size of his hands until we get confirmation at the combine. I think he is the best QB, but not necessarily the best QB for the NFL if that makes sense. Im hoping he is though. For now, unless we draft Rosen or someone. I think Darnold will be a bust if he comes out right now. He needs to learn a lot.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X