Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rickker20 View Post
    He is a arrogant sob.
    Majority of NFL player are or haven't you noticed? SMH........Should I name then? Uhhh nah you just give it a little thought for yourself. Arrogance and Confidence is two completely different things. Can't be that arrogant his teammates love him!!!! Oh but lets leave that part out as we attempt to highlight this guys shortcomings

Comment

• The only thing Baker said I didn’t like was that his big goal for the season was to be “rookie of the year”

nothing about wins, team, championship etc

minor, but this is one of the reasons he is scrutinized.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post
          Rudolph was just as impressive, his deep ball was on target.
          Patroits want him bad

Comment

• Originally posted by brownelvis54 View Post

Patroits want him bad
            How would anyone really know that?

Comment

• Originally posted by CGYgiant View Post

This is the mindset teams seem to have and why Wilson and Brees were both day 2 picks.

Let me ask you this, how has his height limited him? What does it not let him do?
              I can't believe people think he is like Brees. Brees throws one of the better deep balls we have seen in the league in the past few decades. Mayfield cannot do that. He is an intermediate passer, and a good one. But he is not Brees and never will be.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Brown View Post

I can't believe people think he is like Brees. Brees throws one of the better deep balls we have seen in the league in the past few decades. Mayfield cannot do that. He is an intermediate passer, and a good one. But he is not Brees and never will be.
                1 - Baker Mayfield throws the best deep ball of any QB coming out....have no clue where you came up with Mayfield can’t throw the deep ball period.

2 - Eli Manning threw a nice deep ball during vertical system days long gone....now he runs a west coast offense. Accuracy and mobility would be paramount in this system.

Last edited by Aris; 04-15-2018, 09:34 AM.
                Violence of action means the unrestricted use of speed, strength, surprise, and aggression to achieve total dominance against your enemy.

Comment

I'm not going to sit here and call him the next drew Brees. That's totally unfair. Brees is a slam dunk first ballot HOF QB and one of the best I have ever seen. That said, Baker is actually rated statistically as one of if not the best down field passers in this class. I think Rosen has a great deep ball too. Baker is getting slammed though by people who don't like him for the reason others brought up, the conference.

I think he is dynamic play making QB with great accuracy. He actually thrived under pressure and against the blitz too.

Will it translate? We all wonder.

Comment

Eli is not Brees nor will he ever be. Doesn't matter, he has what it takes to be a winner in this league. If Gettlemen passes on him and other QB's which is what I suspect he will, Mayfield will likely go #3. So you'll get to enjoy him regardless. Lets hope he is a bust for Gettlemens sake.

Mayfield is excellent in the intermediate range despite what you say, what do you present to back up your claims?

Comment

• Originally posted by bigpoppy

yeah really...if it weren't for arrogant fools, there wouldn't be any players or teams, not to mention members of message boards!
                      A message board that you are also a member. "Arrogant Fools" I assume you specialize in this area? I am sure this is your opinion which means nothing to these players and even less those you consider "Arrogant Fools" on this board. (Don't worry I won't flag your post!)Smh

Comment

Eli is not Brees nor will he ever be.
                        lol why are you so thirsty bringing up Eli in every one of your posts?

Comment

• Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post
                          lol why are you so thirsty bringing up Eli in every one of your posts?
                          Does it personally hurt you EliDaMANning? If so, great. Though, thats not my intention, I have no qualms with calling a spade a spade.

Comment

Does it personally hurt you EliDaMANning? If so, great. Though, thats not my intention, I have no qualms with calling a spade a spade.
                            Doesn't hurt me one bit that's why I laughed at your thirst for an athlete.

Comment

• Based on what I've read at PFF, Mayfield is the QB I'd want the Giants to take if they take a QB (but I prefer a trade down that includes a 1st rounder next year). He has the best numbers when making the throws he is supposed to make (which they argue is the most transferrable stat) and has consistently done well making the tough throws that they say typically don't end up being consistent from year to year. Put simply, his accuracy is exceptional anywhere he throws, whether there is separation or not, whether the pocket is clean or not. He is also a 4 year starter which, according to Football Outsiders, has a strong correlation to success in the NFL.

Comment

• I'm going to be nauseous if they pick mayfield

Comment

Working...
                                X