No announcement yet.

NFL Draft 2018 Rumors: Giants Scouting Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe thats what Mara is thinking,he convinced me he's focus on looking past Eli.I wasnt all that convinced he was ready to move on from Reese and Ben.I was pro Reese for a long *** time but now Im with all the others,change has to come.If this is Mara's frame of thinking then yea Im kool with not giving the young kid all that much thought

Comment

Originally posted by I Bleed Blue View Post

This would make zero sense if they don't let Webb play the remainder of the season. He won't produce wins, but you can get a feel if he has what it takes to replace Eli at some point. To not play him and pick another QB in the first round would be extremely stupid, but then again, this is the Giants. They are throwing away a golden opportunity to evaluate Webb.
      I think it makes sense. So what if they already have Davis Webb? Check out this list:

C.J Beathard
      Cody Kessler
      Jacoby Brissett*
      Garrett Grayson
      Sean Mannion
      Mike Glennon
      Russell Wilson*
      Nick Foles
      Ryan Mallett
      Colt McCoy
      Kevin O'Connell
      Trent Edwards
      Brody Croyle
      Charlie Whitehurst
      Charlie Frye
      Andrew Walter
      David Greene

That is every 3rd round QB drafted since Eli has been in the league. Out of all of them, only Wilson and Brissett are starters. To pass up Darnold/Rosen because Davis Webb would be an idiotic move. Sure, there are some things to like about Webb, but to annoint him the savior of this franchise is investing a lot in something that has only a 5-10% chance of being successful. Webb has flaws, otherwise we would've been a first rounder. I am not saying he will never amount to anything because he has a chance (although not a great one based on history) to be an exception.

If Webb becomes a good QB and has a great Preseason next year or in 2019, but the Giants also have a 1st rounder in Darnold/Rosen/whoever, then the Giants have the great problem of having 2 good young QB's. Webb can be traded for draft capital much like guys like Ryan Mallett and Brissett were.

Comment

Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post

A new GM/HC has zero ties to Webb, so they wont care if he plays or not. But yes, he should get some PT to see what he has. At the very worst, he is trade bait.
        Well, there's not guarantee that Reese and McAdoo are going to be fired. If they play Webb and he looks like a future QB, then trading him would make little sense. There's no QB in this upcoming draft who jumps out at you. Playing Webb will determine what direction they go in the draft. The question is will they do it?

Comment

Originally posted by JimFassel69 View Post

I think it makes sense. So what if they already have Davis Webb? Check out this list:

C.J Beathard
          Cody Kessler
          Jacoby Brissett*
          Garrett Grayson
          Sean Mannion
          Mike Glennon
          Russell Wilson*
          Nick Foles
          Ryan Mallett
          Colt McCoy
          Kevin O'Connell
          Trent Edwards
          Brody Croyle
          Charlie Whitehurst
          Charlie Frye
          Andrew Walter
          David Greene

That is every 3rd round QB drafted since Eli has been in the league. Out of all of them, only Wilson and Brissett are starters. To pass up Darnold/Rosen because Davis Webb would be an idiotic move. Sure, there are some things to like about Webb, but to annoint him the savior of this franchise is investing a lot in something that has only a 5-10% chance of being successful. Webb has flaws, otherwise we would've been a first rounder. I am not saying he will never amount to anything because he has a chance (although not a great one based on history) to be an exception.

If Webb becomes a good QB and has a great Preseason next year or in 2019, but the Giants also have a 1st rounder in Darnold/Rosen/whoever, then the Giants have the great problem of having 2 good young QB's. Webb can be traded for draft capital much like guys like Ryan Mallett and Brissett were.
          The Giants have to build an offensive line as well. The chances of having two starting QB's on a roster are next to none. They need to find out what Webb can do now. You cannot get a feel for in preseason.
          Last edited by I Bleed Blue; 11-08-2017, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Many of 1st round QBs have busts cuz,1-undrafted dont matter if you can get it done,you will play.I for one dont wanna see them anoint him,but I dont think its bizarre to let him play against real competition the rest of the year just to analyze and see what you have in him.If you're gonna take a QB high in the draft you would have to do that anyway.I dont know about the kid from USC but Rosen himself have ?'s as do all of the projected top QB's that will come into the draft,plus dude from USC theres talk he may stay another year.No harm in letting Webb validate whether he can earn his keep or not.Lotta ppl get hung up on the 3rd round hype but there have been QB's who have done well for themselves being taken in the latter rounds as have there have been a *** of QB's who have fallen flat on their faces being taken early.Whether they take a QB high in 2018 or Webb that QB will have to step on the field and show he can cut it

Comment

Originally posted by JimFassel69 View Post

C.J Beathard
              Cody Kessler
              Jacoby Brissett*
              Garrett Grayson
              Sean Mannion
              Mike Glennon
              Russell Wilson*
              Nick Foles
              Ryan Mallett
              Colt McCoy
              Kevin O'Connell
              Trent Edwards
              Brody Croyle
              Charlie Whitehurst
              Charlie Frye
              Andrew Walter
              David Greene

So what?

Johnny Unitas went in the 7th, and Tom Brady in the 5th, I think Romo was a low pick too

This list is interesting but there are only 32 starting QBs in the league.....Give me a list of all the 1st round QB busts.

Its a tough position to call

The bigger issue is MacAdoo's not putting Webb out there to see what we have right now......the proof will be on the field

Comment

Originally posted by BlueClue View Post

So what?

Johnny Unitas went in the 7th, and Tom Brady in the 5th, I think Romo was a low pick too

This list is interesting but there are only 32 starting QBs in the league.....Give me a list of all the 1st round QB busts.

The bigger issue is MacAdoo's not putting Webb out there to see what we have right now......the proof will be on the field
                100% agree. If Webb doesn't start the final 5 games at least, anyone involved in the decision not to do so should be fired.

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post

He should stay in school another year and hone his skills
                  I believe he will, but if he comes out I am guessing he will be the 1st QB taken.

Comment

Originally posted by I Bleed Blue View Post

Well, there's not guarantee that Reese and McAdoo are going to be fired. If they play Webb and he looks like a future QB, then trading him would make little sense. There's no QB in this upcoming draft who jumps out at you. Playing Webb will determine what direction they go in the draft. The question is will they do it?
                    After the embarrassment that this season has been, I cant see anyway that those two are back next year.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueClue View Post

So what?

There are almost no current starting QBs in the NFL drafted outside of round 3. The vast majority - good and bad - are all drafted in round 1

Comment

Well if they are seriously considering drafting a QB with their pick they better get idea of what David Webb is right now!!!

Comment

Trade back. Try to get mcGlinchey, billy price, Quentin Nelson etc...

McGlinchey-Pugh-Jones-Price-Flowers might be a nice OL. With Fluker, Wheeler, Biznowty as depth?

I like fantasy land.

My my point is serious though. Started paying attention to college qbs around October 2nd. Not in love with any of them. I'd rather build a great team and wait on a qb.

Comment

For the love of God no Rosen! He's a bust! Saquon or Darnold or Mcglinchey.

Comment

Anyone thinking Baker Mayfield's Draft Stock is on the rise compared to the guys already mentioned in this Thread?
                              Football has been very, very good to us.
                              After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                              But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                              2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                              3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                              4-New York Giants!!!
                              5-NE
                              Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

The only things that concern me about Darnold are his loopy Bortles-esque throwing motion and the fact that he doesn't have a good base when he throws. It seems like his feet are never pointing towards his target and he always throws of his back foot. He also doesn't have quite the arm that Rosen or Allen have.
                                But, he is incredibly accurate, has great touch, and can evade the pass rush and throw off the run similar to Russell Wilson. Plus, while it is not Elite, he has a very good arm and good size. He is also has that great pocket presence/poise quality and seems like a winner.

Comment

Working...
                                X