Giants already have scouted one of the top college*QBs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants already have scouted one of the top college*QBs

"The report said Marc Ross, the vice president of player evaluation, has scouted UCLA’s Josh Rosen. If USC’s Sam Darnold makes himself eligible for the draft, expect the Giants to have interest in him."

"The Giants scout the top college quarterbacks every year, but will do so more intently this fall and winter, with a high draft pick awaiting them in the 2018 draft. Several weeks ago, co-owner John Mara “directed’’ the scouting department to focus on the top quarterbacks, according to ESPN.

This makes sense, of course, not only because the Giants might be interested in selecting their next franchise quarterback to eventually replace Eli Manning, 36. The Giants will want to get the most out of what will likely be a top-five pick, which means making sure other teams believe the Giants might draft a quarterback, which increases trade value in the pick."

http://nypost.com/2017/11/09/giants-...p-college-qbs/
    Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

We need a top 1st round pick! Keep McAdodo and play the kids with Webb!
    Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

Comment

QBs from big time colleges scare me, given by the fact that they are always surrounded by lots of talent.

I don't like hearing things like "talented", "has all the tools", "has all the measurables". I'd give all that away to hear "most NFL ready" and "comes from a pro style offense".
      http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
      http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
      http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

I don't know much about college players. Is Rosen mobile or statuesque?

Comment

It only makes sense given our circumstances but I find the wording of these reports most telling: "Mara directs team to focus on top QB's...."

I thought Reese was the GM.

Comment

Originally posted by bluesbrother View Post
            I don't know much about college players. Is Rosen mobile or statuesque?
            His throwing mechanics remind me a lot of Matt Ryan in the little I've seen. It seems like he is even more mobile than Ryan though. Definitely some concerns about his attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
              It only makes sense given our circumstances but I find the wording of these reports most telling: "Mara directs team to focus on top QB's...."

I thought Reese was the GM.
              He works for Mara!

Comment

Let's see who Webb is first.

Comment

Several weeks ago, co-owner John Mara "directed" the scouting department to focus on the top quarterbacks
                  That doesn't sound like any Front Office changes are coming and if it is then it won't be a outsider taking over as GM. John might just roll his sleeves up and do it himself if he does fire Reese which is not a given

This QB Class been somewhat a disappointment, neither been consistent but Rosen looks the best this season despite not having great talent around him. I like Baker Mayfield but he does have great talent around him and he is in a Division that doesn't believe in Defense
                  Last edited by Sicko; 11-09-2017, 12:43 PM.

Comment

But can he hold a clipboard?
                    Fan since 1970.
                    ---------------------

----------------------------------------------
                    "If practice makes perfect and perfection is impossible, why practice?"-- Joe Don Looney

Comment

Every thing I heard before this year was Darnold was the best thing since sliced bread. If we go QB, and without doing any research, he's the one I want at this time. I'm not worried about him struggling a bit this year considering he's had to carry an average team, at best.
                      Last edited by Piddy283; 11-09-2017, 02:08 PM.
                      NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
                      Garrett Bolles - OT
                      David Njoku - TE
                      Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

The only qb I would be fine with taking is Darnold, no one else.

Comment

they need to get a real scout and GM tandem this is way to important for them to let these clowns anywhere near that pick,this will set the franchise back further then Dave Browns section in the supplemental draft did,Reese and Ross had ten years and did nothing but slowly drag this whole organization down.

Comment

Originally posted by big blue dog View Post
                            they need to get a real scout and GM tandem this is way to important for them to let these clowns anywhere near that pick,this will set the franchise back further then Dave Browns section in the supplemental draft did,Reese and Ross had ten years and did nothing but slowly drag this whole organization down.
                            Everyone from Reese down to the scouts need to be shown the door. Chris Mara is an issue as well, since he's Senior Vice President of player personal. But since he's a Mara he will be employed as long as a Mara owns the team.
                            This upcoming draft can either set us in the right direction or set us back years.

Comment

Originally posted by primetime View Post

Everyone from Reese down to the scouts need to be shown the door. Chris Mara is an issue as well, since he's Senior Vice President of player personal. But since he's a Mara he will be employed as long as a Mara owns the team.
                              This upcoming draft can either set us in the right direction or set us back years.
                              Exactly Chris Mara needs to get reasigned,they need to let who ever they hire make all football decisions period

Comment

Working...
                              X