2018 draft watch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 draft watch

Right now Giants would draft 3rd, behind zero-win cleveland, and 1/2 game behind (meaning better record) than 9ers.

This gives us best chance at first QB off the board as both cleveland and 9ers appear set at the position, at least as far as having young, designated starting QB of the future on the roster.

What other areas of need could even compete with #3 overall or #2 or #1 if we trade up?
    Last edited by William; 11-13-2017, 07:46 AM.

Shouldn't we ahead of the 9ers? Head to head?

Comment

We are the worse record now relative to SF because they played one more game (and lost ). Their bye is next week. But head to head isn't a tie breaker anyway.
      About Football explains how the NFL determines the NFL draft order, including rules for assigning

Comment

The 49ers might win another game when looking at their schedule. The Browns have played better yet always find a way to lose. By season's end I think the Giants will be picking #2 b/c the 49ers will win. I guess I'm rooting for Cleveland to win now.

Comment

Originally posted by NYSPORTS View Post
          The 49ers might win another game when looking at their schedule. The Browns have played better yet always find a way to lose. By season's end I think the Giants will be picking #2 b/c the 49ers will win. I guess I'm rooting for Cleveland to win now.
          Who do they beat?
          9ers play the Seahawks, Bears, Texans, Titans, Jaguars, and Rams next. The only teams they have a sliver of a chance at beating are Chicago and TexNs but both teams have good defenses so itís doubtful.

Comment

So many needs, if the market was there, I would trade back for as many picks as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by William View Post
              We are the worse record now relative to SF because they played one more game (and lost ). Their bye is next week. But head to head isn't a tie breaker anyway.
              Thank you William.

Comment

Originally posted by GoDeep13 View Post
                Who do they beat?
                9ers play the Seahawks, Bears, Texans, Titans, Jaguars, and Rams next. The only teams they have a sliver of a chance at beating are Chicago and TexNs but both teams have good defenses so itís doubtful.
                they're trying though. You have a shot if the team hasn't quit.

Comment

barkley at #3 if we think webb could be even average down the road... unfortunately to make that assumption, we need to as much of webb on the field as possible.

Eli probably plays through next year, we still need to evaluate whether to hold onto webb and draft barkley at #3 or draft a qb at #3
                  Giants fan since 1992
                  Season Ticket Holder Since 2014 (Section 148)

Comment

Well let's face is. This messed up season may turn out to be a blessing in terms of finding a franchise QB for another 10+ years. Parallel to how colts nabbed Luck with #1 overall after Peyton's injury season.

Comment

Darnold had a big game on Sat and is coming around. I hope the Browns don't take him.
                      Last edited by DarkSaint; 11-13-2017, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post
                        Darnold had a big game on Sat and us coming around. I hope the Browns don't take him.
                        Darnold is the guy. To me its either Darnold or Barkley or trade down and load up on picks.

Comment

Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post

Darnold is the guy. To me its either Darnold or Barkley or trade down and load up on picks.
                          Yep agreed.

Comment

What about Lamar Jackson and Josh Rosen?

Comment

Cleveland , is not sold on Kizer. They will go QB.
                              49ers, will try to trade back like last year . IE : Chicago. So, whomever trades with the 49ers will takee a QB. Meaning, Darnold and Rosen are taken.
                              I would not draft Mayfield or Jackson with a high draft pick. Trade down with any team wanting to move up. Stock up on draft picks. Rebuild the OL.

Comment

Working...
                              X