Beckham Engram Barkley

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post

Jones is playing much better than an average clip. He has been very good to be honest. Whether he can do that over an entire season is a different story, but that is why there are 2 OL in this upcoming draft that fit us perfectly and it is paramount that we get one of them. Ohio State C/G Billy Price or Arkansas C/G Frank Ragnow. Both of these guys have played both C and OG at very high levels. That gives up options if we choose to go with Jones at C, or if they dont feel he is a full-time C.
    i read that Martinas Rankin was a center last season and has moved to left tackle because they put mason cole at center. If that is the case,then Rankin is another guy with center experience.

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post

I say trade down. for 2 first round picks ; a lower pick in the upcoming draft and a first in 19

OR a lower first round pick this year and 2 second round picks.

Let Pugh walk. He is getting over 8 this year , Add 3 or 4 to that. Go get Nate Solder . Move EF to RT Re-sign Jones .

Option 1 trade down for 2 1st round picks
      2018: 1st round pick LG, 2nd round LB 3rd round Corner
      2019: 1 first round pick QB, 2nd first round pick RT let Flowers walk. 2nd round Receiver 3rd round LB

Option 2 trade down lower 1st 2 seconds
      2018 1st round LG #1 second round pick LB, #2 second round pick RG, 3rd round Corner
      2019 1st round pick QB #1 second round pick RT let Flowers walk. #2 second round pick LB 3rd round Receiver.

Both options bolster the O-line, LBs and Draft a QB in 19
      Jerry Reach doesn't have the imagination or work ethic or intelligence for any of this

Comment

Originally posted by Cruzan 26 View Post

Shepherd, Pugh, Adams, Darkwa, Odell, Jones. That's 5 right there. You did say NFL roster right?
        Jones and Adams didnít play a lick.

Darkwa was injured. So itís only Rookie Shep , Odell and a guard. So basically 2wrs and 1 out of 5 offensive lineman. Thatís a lot for eli to work with. This is a drop the mic moment for me.

Comment

Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post

i read that Martinas Rankin was a center last season and has moved to left tackle because they put mason cole at center. If that is the case,then Rankin is another guy with center experience.
          I never saw Rankin at C. Cole was a C last year that Michigan moved out to LT this season. But his future is inside at C I think.

Comment

im all for Barkley. yes, Darkwa and Gallman are good, but Barkley is a talent like no other. all around RB who could do it all.

Darren McFadden having 1000 yds a couple yrs ago didn't stop dallas from taking Zeke.

if not Barkley, then trade down. we have a lot of needs. and QB's aren't woth the high pick in imo.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post
              Jones and Adams didnít play a lick.

Darkwa was injured. So itís only Rookie Shep , Odell and a guard. So basically 2wrs and 1 out of 5 offensive lineman. Thatís a lot for eli to work with. This is a drop the mic moment for me.
              You said on a NFL roster. So I suggest you pick-up your imaginary mic. Now ask me the question you really want to ask. You ask for three and gave you five.

Comment

Originally posted by nygfan0816 View Post
                im all for Barkley. yes, Darkwa and Gallman are good, but Barkley is a talent like no other. all around RB who could do it all.

Darren McFadden having 1000 yds a couple yrs ago didn't stop dallas from taking Zeke.

if not Barkley, then trade down. we have a lot of needs. and QB's aren't woth the high pick in imo.
                Again, Dallas took Zeke because they had a dominating OL already, and a good QB in Romo. They had the luxury to do so. MCFadden is an oft injuried RB who they were planning as a backup. They also picked up Morris who was a starter in Washington for years.
                Life is like a Giants game, you never know what you are going to get.

Comment

Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post

Jones is playing much better than an average clip. He has been very good to be honest. Whether he can do that over an entire season is a different story, but that is why there are 2 OL in this upcoming draft that fit us perfectly and it is paramount that we get one of them. Ohio State C/G Billy Price or Arkansas C/G Frank Ragnow. Both of these guys have played both C and OG at very high levels. That gives up options if we choose to go with Jones at C, or if they dont feel he is a full-time C.
                  I totally agree

Price and Ragnow are arguably my 2 favorite OL in the draft, id love 1 or even both of them, hell id throw Will Hernandez in that list as well. Other than Hernandez, both can play and most likely start at Center or OG.

My biggest issue is who to draft in the 1st, Barkley is probably my favorite in the 1st but with a fixed OL Darkwa, Gallman, and even Perkins would look good. Mayfield looks good but is from an air raid offense which irks me, Rosen is a total entitled dbag with suspect arm strength, Darnold has looked lost this season, and Allen and Randolph arent worth a 1st round pick

Orlando Brown, Quenton Nelson, Connor Williams, and Mike McGlinchey are all great OL, but not 2nd overall great. That and we could get amazing interior OL in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. Oh and with Flowers playing the best ball of his life, we probably wont draft a LT, AGAIN

Im really hoping we can trade down
                  Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post

I totally agree

Price and Ragnow are arguably my 2 favorite OL in the draft, id love 1 or even both of them, hell id throw Will Hernandez in that list as well. Other than Hernandez, both can play and most likely start at Center or OG.

My biggest issue is who to draft in the 1st, Barkley is probably my favorite in the 1st but with a fixed OL Darkwa, Gallman, and even Perkins would look good. Mayfield looks good but is from an air raid offense which irks me, Rosen is a total entitled dbag with suspect arm strength, Darnold has looked lost this season, and Allen and Randolph arent worth a 1st round pick

Orlando Brown, Quenton Nelson, Connor Williams, and Mike McGlinchey are all great OL, but not 2nd overall great. That and we could get amazing interior OL in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. Oh and with Flowers playing the best ball of his life, we probably wont draft a LT, AGAIN

darnold is only 20 years old. i think he will be great. really great.
                    mayfield is drew breeze, but perhaps better. he is number one overall in my eyes.

either one of those guys should be a big upgrade at the QB position for years to come from what i can tell. especially mayfield. drew breeze also came from the air raid offense. it should not matter, so long as they can ball, and that dude can lights out ball IMO.

Plenty of Great oline in this draft to choose from like you said. round 2 definitely one of them sitting there, or if you are desperate for one of the best 5 LT prospects trade up to get him from 2 to 1. for example, if a guy is siting there at like 19th, maybe you go get him.

2 cents

Comment

• Originally posted by Cruzan 26 View Post

You said on a NFL roster. So I suggest you pick-up your imaginary mic. Now ask me the question you really want to ask. You ask for three and gave you five.
                      I said on offense, these guys weren't even playing and the guys that were are mostly out of the league but it was eli's fault that he didn't throw 30+TDs throwing to Tye, Donnell, Lewis and withJennings running the the ball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post

I totally agree

Rosen has arguably the best arm in college. I don't think his heart is in the game like the other guys though.. So if things get rough, he might quit too.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                          Barkley has been looking very average this season. So has Darnold.
                          These are #1 and #2 on my list right now. Wanted Barkley since I saw him play as a freshman. The kid is a monster. Admittedly, I haven't done much research on Darnold, but everything I heard coming into this year was he's the best prospect since Elway/Luck.
                          NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
                          Garrett Bolles - OT
                          David Njoku - TE
                          Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

• Originally posted by Piddy283 View Post

These are #1 and #2 on my list right now. Wanted Barkley since I saw him play as a freshman. The kid is a monster. Admittedly, I haven't done much research on Darnold, but everything I heard coming into this year was he's the best prospect since Elway/Luck.
                            They were 1-2 on my list to begin the year. Well, I guess, 1-1 for each respected position. Id probably go a few QBs and a few OLmen before a RB, but you get the point.

Since though, both have struggled. Darnold actaully seems to be coming out of it a bit though his last few games. The beginning of the year when I was watching him, he was having an awful time reading defenses and throwing picks. Last 3-4 games though he has looked better, but I still like Baker more. As for Saquon, I was excited about him this year. He has left me wanting more in almost every game though. I dont care how bad his OL is claimed to be, he had 35 yards on 14 carries against Rutgers. He had 60 yards on 20 carries vs Indiana. Come on. You have to do better than that to be in my top 5.
                            Life is like a Giants game, you never know what you are going to get.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocknaweny View Post

Jerry Reach doesn't have the imagination or work ethic or intelligence for any of this
                              Thanks for the complement. But it is not just Reese Chris has a direct line of communication to John . He does not report to the GM . How can Reese be held accountable in that situation?
                              The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

So much wrong in this post.

Cowboys picked Elliot when they had a dominating offensive line, best in the NFL. You add the best rookie RB to the best OL and it is nearly unstoppable. We dont have the OL the Cowboys have. Not even close. Eli would nto be as effective as Dak, thats ridiculous. It was 1 bad game for Dak. Relax lol

I agree, I want to run the ball more and take pressure off of the QB, whoever it is, but that starts with the OL, not RB. Gurley, who I think is one of the best RBs out there, was useless practically last year with a crap OL.

Build the trenches and the success will follow.

Otherwise we will see Saquon going for 15 carries and 31 yards behind our OL.
                                Cowboys oline didnít look that great with McFadden running behind it before drafting Zeke. Nor did it look that great with Alfred Morris last week. Running backs and lines work together

Comment

Working...
                                X