Rosen v. Darnold on Saturday Night

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rosen v. Darnold on Saturday Night

Given our likely draft position, I am really looking forward to watching this game.

Will one of these guys be a Giant next season?
    Last edited by TCHOF; 11-14-2017, 02:36 PM.

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
    Given our likely draft position, I am really looking forward to watching this game.

Will one of these guys be a Giant next season?
    Good possibility. Usually teams are not in the correct Draft position when the need arises to pick a new franchise QB. So they have to make a Trade to move up and burn a few picks plus lose valuable high picks in following years sometimes

Giant's have luxury of probably picking in Top 3 so no need to lose picks to get the guy they want. In fact they are going to be in a position to gain picks and move back in Round 1 possibly getting two high picks in round one and another extra pick in Round 2 or 3. Still might be able to grab a guy like Mayfield by moving back

They should be able to get the next franchise QB, RB & a bunch of other guys in need positions like O Line and in Defense picking so high. Good position to be in if u want to stockpile picks

I'll be watching Saturday night at those 2
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post

Good possibility. Usually teams are not in the correct Draft position when the need arises to pick a new franchise QB. So they have to make a Trade to move up and burn a few picks plus lose valuable high picks in following years sometimes

Giant's have luxury of probably picking in Top 3 so no need to lose picks to get the guy they want. In fact they are going to be in a position to gain picks and move back in Round 1 possibly getting two high picks in round one and another extra pick in Round 2 or 3. Still might be able to grab a guy like Mayfield by moving back

They should be able to get the next franchise QB, RB & a bunch of other guys in need positions like O Line and in Defense picking so high. Good position to be in if u want to stockpile picks

I'll be watching Saturday night at those 2
      The tough spot will be if we love one of these guys, but we are sitting at #3. In that scenario, we'd probably be looking at using draft capital to move up to get our guy.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

The tough spot will be if we love one of these guys, but we are sitting at #3. In that scenario, we'd probably be looking at using draft capital to move up to get our guy.
        yeah. that is the fear. if it's up to me though, i'm content with
        mayfield
        darnold

consolation prize,

S. barkley
        or
        trade down

maybe get m rudolph or L jackson plus the additional picks. that way if it does not work out, it isn't that big of a deal.

i'm not a josh rosen fan. trading up to get josh rosen is the stuff nightmares are made of!

Comment

Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post

mayfield
          darnold

consolation prize,

S. barkley
          or
          trade down

maybe get m rudolph or L jackson plus the additional picks. that way if it does not work out, it isn't that big of a deal.

i'm not a josh rosen fan. trading up to get josh rosen is the stuff nightmares are made of!
          I don't know enough to say if any of these QB's are franchise QB's, ... but if the team falls in love with one of them ....

Comment

Id be LIVID if we traded UP

If anything we trade down and stock up picks. Draft a qb like Mayfield, Allen, Rudolph, or Jackson and get a ton of OL
            Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post
              Id be LIVID if we traded UP

If anything we trade down and stock up picks. Draft a qb like Mayfield, Allen, Rudolph, or Jackson and get a ton of OL
              as we saw last season with chicago, trading up even one spot is WAY too expensive. the reason is you are competing with other teams trying to trade up also. I'd be livid also. worst of all possible plans in my mind.

Comment

Remember, USC is ranked #12 and UCLA is unranked. But, game should prove to be entertaining. Rosen and Darnold are top two QB's.

Comment

I will most definitely be watching this game.

Comment

I'm looking forward to watching this game on Saturday night, than the NYG vs KC game on Sunday.
                    sigpic

Comment

Just like the OK-OKSt game. This game will be a show for the QBs.

Mayfield
                      Darnold
                      Rudolph
                      Rosen
                      Life is like a Giants game, you never know what you are going to get.

Comment

mayfield
                        darnold

consolation prize,

S. barkley
                        or
                        trade down

i'm not a josh rosen fan. trading up to get the stuff nightmares are made of!
                        If, Rosen is at No.3 you grab him. Less, hen 24 hrs to game time

Comment

Originally posted by fifthavephil View Post

If, Rosen is at No.3 you grab him. Less, hen 24 hrs to game time
                          Speak for yourself.
                          i would not grab him. i would trade down and stockpile picks rather than take the likes of rosen.

One can still get L jackson or mason rudolph who could turn out to be the better player anyway. will grier will likely be there later in the draft if all else fails. worse case scenario, you have eli and webb another year and get a QB next year. rosen is not the guy for this team. NY will crucify him as soon as he starts to whine and complain like the little snot nosed entitle rich bi tch he really is. considering his character concerns, rosen would be taken off my draft board entirely. That makes him perfect trade bait.

Then again, he is very talented. LOL but nah. there are plenty of talented guys that play QB. i don't think it's worth the headache/heartache.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/new...m_campaign=nfl

PS
                          i've no clue what the heck that means dude.>>>>"Less, hen 24 hrs to game time"
                          Last edited by bigpoppy; 11-18-2017, 12:58 AM.

Comment

Then not hen
                            I am speaking for myself.
                            And you speaking for yourself i would imagine.
                            Mason Rudolph at no 3 he is at max equall to Webb. L Jackson i would not draft him in the first round . Same, for Mayfield.
                            Therei s only TWO QB that are wotthy Darnold and Rosen.
                            Now, if you disagree that is fine.
                            Come April we will fined out whom is right.

Comment

mayfield
                              darnold

consolation prize,

S. barkley
                              or
                              trade down

I agree on Rosen, not really big on him. I do like Lamar Jackson still, but I think Darnold should be the target.

Comment

Working...
                              X