Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else hoping we don't go QB in round 1?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else hoping we don't go QB in round 1?

I think with some changes/fixes to the offense Eli can compete for two more years and then we see what Webb has to offer (which I have pretty high hopes for). With a top 5 pick coming this year, potentially top 2 I really hope we don't go with a QB. I think OT and RB are much bigger needs (no chance we go LB right?) and there happens to be a very good OT in McGlinchy and a great RB in Barkley in the draft this year.
    LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
    "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Giants need a new face of the franchise. And from what YA said that this former gm said about Webb doesn't sound too good if you ask me. The quote from YA that this former gm said, "he did briefly... I donít remember his words exactly... it he thinks Webb is a nice player and a student of the game but doesnít believe he is the successor to Eli Manning in NY"
    [SIGPIC]

Comment

Sorry, if there is a QB that the team thinks is a franchise QB available when we pick, we have to take him.

Comment

The only QB's I would consider taking are Darnold, Mayfield, Rudolph, or Allen.

Comment

I also think Eli has enough in the tank to play at a solid level for 2 more years if we upgrade OL this offseason. However, a top 3 overall pick simply doesn't come around very often, and I just think it'd be very risky to put all our eggs in one basket with a 3rd rounder in Webb. Not to say he can't be good, it's just a huge gamble. I think we should go after Darnold or Rosen and let them learn under Eli for a year or 2 before handing them the keys.

Comment

Originally posted by Elidagoat713 View Post
            The only QB's I would consider taking are Darnold, Mayfield, Rudolph, or Allen.
            Well your gonna probably have your choice of 3 out 4 right now we are due for the 2nd pick. Well kinda San Fran actually has a worse win % but they are on their bye week this week.
            [SIGPIC]

Comment

I agree with a few changes that Eli can still get it done for 1-2 years. If the Giants aren't crazy over one these Qbs I would take the best RB available , someone with some breakaway speed. Again, I think this will all depend on how they feel about Webb .

Comment

Eli can still get it done if we replace the entire OL, get a few more Odell Beckham Jrs, a super star RB and suffocating defense. Other wise we get a QB who wont sack himself or fumble the football for no reason at all.
                Life is like a Giants game, you never know what you are going to get.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                  Eli can still get it done if we replace the entire OL, get a few more Odell Beckham Jrs, a super star RB and suffocating defense. Other wise we get a QB who wont sack himself or fumble the football for no reason at all.
                  Another one of your brilliant posts.
                  Engage brain before speaking.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
                    I think with some changes/fixes to the offense Eli can compete for two more years and then we see what Webb has to offer (which I have pretty high hopes for). With a top 5 pick coming this year, potentially top 2 I really hope we don't go with a QB. I think OT and RB are much bigger needs (no chance we go LB right?) and there happens to be a very good OT in McGlinchy and a great RB in Barkley in the draft this year.
                    If we go QB then we definitely need to go OL in second round and possibly third as well as get a FA. Certainly can not put a new young QB behind a line and he is running for his life.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                      lol

Comment

Originally posted by speedman View Post

Another one of your brilliant posts.
                        Thank you.
                        http://www.giants.com/videos/videos/...e-a1ce5a4a288f

Another one added to the Blooper reel.
                        He is good for at least one WTF a game....
                        Last edited by TheAnalyst; 11-15-2017, 08:11 AM.

Comment

Trade down and get more picks . Fix the line and LB draft a QB in 19
                          The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

If we donít get to see Webb play then we have too. Iíd love to be all in on Saquon Barkley but the QB position is the most important in football and if your franchise doesnít have one they can build around for years then they are doomed. So unless we get even a glimpse that Webb can possibly be that guy we have to draft a QB.

Comment

I can live with this team missing out on a Zeke like RB in the draft when we have decent RBs. What I cant live with is if the team misses out on the next Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees because we wanted a RB when its clear Eli is on the way out. Look at the past SB winners. Tell me which ones didnt have a good QB and which ones didnt have a good RB. You need a good QB, you dont need a good RB. Hell, we won with Bradshaw and Jacobs twice.

Comment

Working...
                              X