Vontaze Burfict PLEASE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vontaze Burfict PLEASE

Have any of you actually watched him play this year or are you just watching highlight videos on YouTube?

He was downright awful this year, in between his personal foul penalties you got to see him look completely lost, misread plays constantly, and just show his instincts are really subpar.

He is nowhere near being an elite prospect. Maybe in the 3rd or 4th round, no way would I draft him sooner.

Comment

all im saying, with KP and rolle and JPP, tuck and this monster in the middle....kiwi too! Wed be the most feared def in the NFL period. I dont care if he leads with his head and puts vick down...or romo in the ER...so be it. As long as he can play with that passion and fire every game...our def would be scary and thats what you want. How do you game plan for tuck, jpp, kiwi and a monster like that in the middle. no qb would be safe or those tiny speed backs catching screens....wiped out completely...destroyed....heat seeking missle of a man i tell you.

Comment

[quote user="slipknottin"]Have any of you actually watched him play this year or are you just watching highlight videos on YouTube? He was downright awful this year, in between his personal foul penalties you got to see him look completely lost, misread plays constantly, and just show his instincts are really subpar. He is nowhere near being an elite prospect. Maybe in the 3rd or 4th round, no way would I draft him sooner.[/quote]

well, i disagree, i think he will be the best LB out of this class. Teo will be a beast and i would of preferred him if he came out this year....but this guy is the only other LB i would want. I dont see what you saw. His numbers were down...but he didnt play awful. He did get held out of alot of games due to his agressiveness but his head coach was also a softie

Comment

I live in GA, im a GA fan, and mark richt said it best when this guy destroyed GA when he said, this kid should be in the NFL right now.

Comment

[quote user="repeatchamps"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="burier"]Is anyone concerned about his rep as a dirty player?[/quote]

don't know much about him, whats the knock
            [/quote]

He leads with he head often and picks up a lot of personal foul penalties. However, it is not something that can't be rectified and harnessed for the better. His one of the most aggressive defensive players I have ever seen at the LB'er spot, that is not a bad thing. Check him out here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7achvXsy3Q

[/quote]

I've never seen so many other players look like rag dolls when being hit by one guy. I'm surprised that I'm not seeing body parts flying all over the place. And when a player runs into him, they look they've just run into a wall and flop to the ground at awkward angles.

I like the opening still-shot of Burfict pointing to the opposing QB. I wouldn't trade up to get him, but this is DEFINITELY the attitude that this defense / team needs!! Love it!!

Comment

[quote user="Wes"]

[quote user="slipknottin"]Have any of you actually watched him play this year or are you just watching highlight videos on YouTube? He was downright awful this year, in between his personal foul penalties you got to see him look completely lost, misread plays constantly, and just show his instincts are really subpar. He is nowhere near being an elite prospect. Maybe in the 3rd or 4th round, no way would I draft him sooner.[/quote]

well, i disagree, i think he will be the best LB out of this class.* Teo will be a beast and i would of preferred him if he came out this year....but this guy is the only other LB i would want.* I dont see what you saw.* His numbers were down...but he didnt play awful.* He did get held out of alot of games due to his agressiveness but his head coach was also a softie

[/quote]
              I never saw anything from him this entire season that showed he should be anywhere close to being a 1st round pick.

I'd take Kuechly without a second thought

Comment

I saw several games he played in this year. I see a freak of an athlete who probably was being disparaged by his coaching staff and lost some of his confidence. Erickson is a terrible coach always was and always will be. His players have always hated him. The best thing that could have happened to ASU was Erickson leaving. He would be a monster on the Giants defense. He's the perfect 4-3 MLB. His sideline to sideline speed is sick and he is a powerful and aggressive physical force for a LB'er. He also can cover pretty well.

Over 7000 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Comment

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Wes"]

well, i disagree, i think he will be the best LB out of this class. Teo will be a beast and i would of preferred him if he came out this year....but this guy is the only other LB i would want. I dont see what you saw. His numbers were down...but he didnt play awful. He did get held out of alot of games due to his agressiveness but his head coach was also a softie

[/quote] I never saw anything from him this entire season that showed he should be anywhere close to being a 1st round pick. I'd take Kuechly without a second thought[/quote]

Lol, he will go in the first round without a doubt. No one is going to give a you knew what about this past season. The teamswill see a once in a lifetime athletic freak and snag him if the team need is there.

Over 7000 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Comment

We haven't had a real impact LB since Jesse Armstead. I honestly wouldn't mind getting Burfict at all. People knocking his work ethic and him "taking plays off" need to chill out. Similar things were being said about both Ray Lewis and Patrick Willis prior to them being drafted. If he is available where we are drafting, I would do it in a hearbeat. The draft itself is always a gamble and I would put my chips all in on this guy.
                    sigpic

Comment

[quote user="JJC7301"][quote user="repeatchamps"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="burier"]Is anyone concerned about his rep as a dirty player?[/quote]

don't know much about him, whats the knock
                      [/quote]

He leads with he head often and picks up a lot of personal foul penalties. However, it is not something that can't be rectified and harnessed for the better. His one of the most aggressive defensive players I have ever seen at the LB'er spot, that is not a bad thing. Check him out here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7achvXsy3Q

[/quote]

I've never seen so many other players look like rag dolls when being hit by one guy. I'm surprised that I'm not seeing body parts flying all over the place. And when a player runs into him, they look they've just run into a wall and flop to the ground at awkward angles.

I like the opening still-shot of Burfict pointing to the opposing QB. I wouldn't trade up to get him, but this is DEFINITELY the attitude that this defense / team needs!! Love it!!

[/quote]

Exactly.

Comment

[quote user="Wes"][quote user="JJC7301"]

[quote user="tonyt830"]lack of discipline equals fines, flags, and possible ejections/suspensions. Plus this year his numbers have dropped over last year. If Kuechly is available when the Giants pick, I'd prefer him over Burfict. Burfict may even slip to the 2nd rd in the draft.[/quote]

I would like to draft him, but I agree with you. We're not going to be loving him when he's getting 15-yard penalties left and right and that's why I wouldn't make any trades to move up to get him. I watched a youtube video (too lazy to get the link) in which he refused to come out of the game when his DC and HC wanted him to after he received an unsportsmanlike penalty.

But man, can he lay the wood on someone!

[/quote]

really? thats one of the things i love about him. He is dedicated to winning and giving his all. Id be more concerned if he wanted to come out of the game in a key situation. Who cares if he gets an occasional foul...we need some fire and recklessness in our def. Lt would likely get fouls if he played today too, but would that make you not want a young LT again? You want a monster in the middle to pick up your guys when they are playing flat.

[/quote]

I know, I like the guy too. I don't remember LT, Carson, Banks, and those guys getting stupid penalties -- they were guys who just played at high intensity all of the time and consistently brought the pain. Maybe I'm misremembering.

Believe me -- I lREALLY ike Burfict. I just wouldn't want to trade up to get him. Hopefully he'll be sitting there for us (like JPP and Prince) and JR and TC will realize that we need more players on D with a motor like JPP.

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="hungrrrry"]If he is ideal for the 1st round Reese won't take him...he never takes anLB in the 1st round and he will bank on him falling in a later round...hence we will miss out on him. We took Kiwi (who I like)instead of DeMarco Ryan, who was a dedicated LBm not a tweener. Ryan was a pro-bowler at LB. Could have had him. I think Reese passed on Clay Matthews and Cushing too if I remember right. We got Sintim...which has been a full-on 2nd round bust![/quote]

Cushing was taken 15th overall, Matthews 26th, and we drafted 29th and got Nicks

way off
                          [/quote]

Lets not forget the Giants were pretty much set on drafting McClain in the first round but the Raiders scooped him up first... then stupid Reese had to settle for JPP.

Comment

[quote user="JJC7301"][quote user="Wes"][quote user="JJC7301"]

[quote user="tonyt830"]lack of discipline equals fines, flags, and possible ejections/suspensions. Plus this year his numbers have dropped over last year. If Kuechly is available when the Giants pick, I'd prefer him over Burfict. Burfict may even slip to the 2nd rd in the draft.[/quote]

I would like to draft him, but I agree with you. We're not going to be loving him when he's getting 15-yard penalties left and right and that's why I wouldn't make any trades to move up to get him. I watched a youtube video (too lazy to get the link) in which he refused to come out of the game when his DC and HC wanted him to after he received an unsportsmanlike penalty.

But man, can he lay the wood on someone!

[/quote]

really? thats one of the things i love about him. He is dedicated to winning and giving his all. Id be more concerned if he wanted to come out of the game in a key situation. Who cares if he gets an occasional foul...we need some fire and recklessness in our def. Lt would likely get fouls if he played today too, but would that make you not want a young LT again? You want a monster in the middle to pick up your guys when they are playing flat.

[/quote]

I know, I like the guy too. I don't remember LT, Carson, Banks, and those guys getting stupid penalties -- they were guys who just played at high intensity all of the time and consistently brought the pain. Maybe I'm misremembering.

Believe me -- I lREALLY ike Burfict. I just wouldn't want to trade up to get him. Hopefully he'll be sitting there for us (like JPP and Prince) and JR and TC will realize that we need more players on D with a motor like JPP.

[/quote]

Rules for the guys you mentioned were much different during their time in the NFL. All 3 of those guys would be penalized heavily and often in today's NFL.

Comment

[quote user="sharick88"]We haven't had a real impact LB since Jesse Armstead. I honestly wouldn't mind getting Burfict at all. People knocking his work ethic and him "taking plays off" need to chill out. Similar things were being said about both Ray Lewis and Patrick Willis prior to them being drafted. If he is available where we are drafting, I would do it in a hearbeat. The draft itself is always a gamble and I would put my chips all in on this guy.[/quote]

Barrow and Pierce were pretty legit for us
                              https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Comment

Too many people watch a youtube highlight and think that makes someone good.

What youtube doesnt show you is the portion of the season where this kid was 2ice benched.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X