Vontaze Burfict PLEASE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vontaze Burfict PLEASE

[quote user="gmen0820"]And Franchise, weren't you one of the biggest Burfict guys on this board?[/quote]

gmen0820
    Yes I do really like him, but its a tough situation. I feel like the majority of OP youtube him and get nuts and want him. If you have watched him this year, it was night and day, between last year and now. I think he is an absolute monster, but not this year. He has the "IT" factor and its clear as day, but they're are so many negatives with him as well. Will that transition to the NFL? Who knows. Would I be mad if we picked him, absolutely not, but there is plenty of things not to like about him.

What bugs me...is for people to place him over Kuechly, if I had the choice...Kuechly > Burfict every single time. Kuechly is the type of player who the Giants love. Hard working, class act, and a heck of a football player.

So yes, I do think Burfict has the potential to be the next big thing at ILB, but can he put the immaturity aside, can he become disciplined enough to use his talents to the maximum potential? Who knows.

Comment

[quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"][quote user="giantsfan420"]imo, burficit will be a better player in the nfl. kuechly or however u spell it looks like a good player, but in the nfl i dont know if he has the athleticism and sheer power that would equate into being a game changer. he is smarter and more refined technically, but burfict has the athleticism and agility and power that stands out even in the nfl level.

he'd need to improve on his technique and shedding engaged blocks, which i think he'd be able to do, but for my money, from what i've seen and admittedly it isnt much, id take burfict.

his closing speed is phenomenal, his desire to hit someone is phenomenal, and just his overall athleticism is phenomenal.

kiwi burfict boley

would be a much MUCH better lb core. although the BC mlb would be a great upgrade too.

i wouldnt be surprised if burfict actually gets rated higher on some draft boards than the BC lb.[/quote]
      You definately have not watched Kuechly play. Kid is ALWAYS around the ball, has a high motor and he can shed blocks. Burfict has been a complete disappointment this year, benched for penalties and softness, barely played in the bowl game. Kuechly won the Lott IMPACT award for performance and personal CHARACTER..He had 33 STRAIGHT GAMES WITH 10 TACKLES+...

"Kuechly led the nation in total tackles with 191 and solo tackles with 102 and was the only unanimous selection to the all-ACC first-team defense this season"

Kuechly this year alone won the Lott, Nagurski (best defensive player of the year), and the prestigious **** Butkus award given for the nations best LB....To say you wouldnt be surprised if Burfict got picked before Keuchly is absolutely nuts. I would be ABSOLUTELY surprised.[/quote]This. I am so in love with Luke Kuechly's instincts. I really hope he doesn't do anything at the combine, I'm already convinced with what type of player this kid will be, it's just a matter of him getting to our pick.

I see Burfict becoming this years version of Jimmy Smith. I said Jimmy Smith would be an Eagle last year and I'm gonna say that Burfict will be an Eagle this year. Hopefully I'm 0-2, because I don't want to see the day where we coach opposite Spags with Cole, Patterson, Jenkins, Babin, B. Rolle, Burfict, Chaney, Aso, DRC, FA safety, healthy Nate Allen.[/quote]

This. I stated earlier on another post that the iggles are probably super butt hurt about the JPP pick and if Kuechly isnt there at their pick and Burfict is waiting before them, they will trade up to get him and like you...I will dread seeing burfict in eagles green for the next 10 years.

Comment

[quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"][quote user="gmen0820"]And Franchise, weren't you one of the biggest Burfict guys on this board?[/quote]

gmen0820
        Yes I do really like him, but its a tough situation. I feel like the majority of OP youtube him and get nuts and want him. If you have watched him this year, it was night and day, between last year and now. I think he is an absolute monster, but not this year. He has the "IT" factor and its clear as day, but they're are so many negatives with him as well. Will that transition to the NFL? Who knows. Would I be mad if we picked him, absolutely not, but there is plenty of things not to like about him.

What bugs me...is for people to place him over Kuechly, if I had the choice...Kuechly > Burfict every single time. Kuechly is the type of player who the Giants love. Hard working, class act, and a heck of a football player.

So yes, I do think Burfict has the potential to be the next big thing at ILB, but can he put the immaturity aside, can he become disciplined enough to use his talents to the maximum potential? Who knows.[/quote]Agreed 100%. The biggest thing with Burfict is that even at his best he can be inconsistent. This disappearing act has ****ed me before, when I was convinced that Vernon Gholston was gonna be the next DeMarcus Ware. To date, it has been the worst prediction I have ever made. Can Burfict be the next hottest MIKE backer, sure he can, but he needs to fix his own character problems before he even has a chance to be coached up.

Kuechly though might as well be wearing a Giants uni already, that's how much I see this kid wearing blue. BC boy, class, instincts, work ethic, class. It's a matter of him being on the board.
        My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

[quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"][quote user="gmen0820"]And Franchise, weren't you one of the biggest Burfict guys on this board?[/quote]

gmen0820

So yes, I do think Burfict has the potential to be the next big thing at ILB, but can he put the immaturity aside, can he become disciplined enough to use his talents to the maximum potential? Who knows.[/quote]Agreed 100%. The biggest thing with Burfict is that even at his best he can be inconsistent. This disappearing act has ****ed me before, when I was convinced that Vernon Gholston was gonna be the next DeMarcus Ware. To date, it has been the worst prediction I have ever made. Can Burfict be the next hottest MIKE backer, sure he can, but he needs to fix his own character problems before he even has a chance to be coached up.

Kuechly though might as well be wearing a Giants uni already, that's how much I see this kid wearing blue. BC boy, class, instincts, work ethic, class. It's a matter of him being on the board.[/quote]

^ this.....like burfict feels hes bigger then the game, or he outhypes himself, I love the intensity, standing over the center pointing at the qb!.....and then getting gobbled up by 1 OL..

I would go nuts to see Kuechly in blue but lets take a look bro...

Indianapolis Colts
          St. Louis Rams
          minnesota Vikings
          Cleveland Browns
          jaccksonville Jaguars
          Tampa Bay Buccaneers
          Washington Redskins
          Miami Dolphins
          Carolina Panthers
          Buffalo Bills
          Kansas City Chiefs
          Arizona Cardinals
          Philadelphia Eagles
          Seattle Seahawks
          San Diego Chargers
          Chicago Bears
          Tennessee Titans
          Dallas Cowboys
          New York Jets
          Oakland Raiders
          New York Giants
          Denver Broncos

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...k-16-nears-end

you tell me if kuechly if is going to make it to us, ehh.. eagles, bears (urlacher's replacement)....they MIGHT make it out the top 10 due to other needs of teams. Unless we trade up, kuechly is gone. getting burfict is much more of a reality then kuechly.

Comment

[quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"][quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"][quote user="gmen0820"]And Franchise, weren't you one of the biggest Burfict guys on this board?[/quote]

gmen0820

Kuechly though might as well be wearing a Giants uni already, that's how much I see this kid wearing blue. BC boy, class, instincts, work ethic, class. It's a matter of him being on the board.[/quote]

^ this.....like burfict feels hes bigger then the game, or he outhypes himself, I love the intensity, standing over the center pointing at the qb!.....and then getting gobbled up by 1 OL..

Indianapolis Colts
            St. Louis Rams
            minnesota Vikings
            Cleveland Browns
            jaccksonville Jaguars
            Tampa Bay Buccaneers
            Washington Redskins
            Miami Dolphins
            Carolina Panthers
            Buffalo Bills
            Kansas City Chiefs
            Arizona Cardinals
            Philadelphia Eagles
            Seattle Seahawks
            San Diego Chargers
            Chicago Bears
            Tennessee Titans
            Dallas Cowboys
            New York Jets
            Oakland Raiders
            New York Giants
            Denver Broncos

you tell me if kuechly if is going to make it to us, ehh.. eagles, bears (urlacher's replacement)....they MIGHT make it out the top 10 due to other needs of teams. Unless we trade up, kuechly is gone. getting burfict is much more of a reality then kuechly.[/quote]Eagles have a lot of ammo to move back in and steal Kuechly from us, but I see them going for more of a physical freak talent like Burfict. Good or bad I really don't know. I really hope this kid falls. At least to 18 so we have a legitimate shot to trade up. This is all considering we win Sunday.

Comment

Have u guys watched anything besides highlights this year because Burfict has been abysmal. im not talking about Personal Fouls either. He freelances allowing teams to gauge them on the ground,Has zero gap discipline,an inconsistent motor,leaves his feet to tackle,and over runs plays.No way I would touch him in the first round

Comment

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]Have u guys watched anything besides highlights this year because Burfict has been abysmal. im not talking about Personal Fouls either. He freelances allowing teams to gauge them on the ground,Has zero gap discipline,an inconsistent motor,leaves his feet to tackle,and over runs plays.No way I would touch him in the first round[/quote]

This. this year i have seen him get gobbled up by ONE olineman. I just dont want to be the team that passes him up and he becomes everything he looks like he should be. and second, have a division rival pick him.

kuechly > burfict.

I really see us going DB 1st round..if kirkpatrick is there at our pick, i take him over burfict

Comment

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]Have u guys watched anything besides highlights this year because Burfict has been abysmal. im not talking about Personal Fouls either. He freelances allowing teams to gauge them on the ground,Has zero gap discipline,an inconsistent motor,leaves his feet to tackle,and over runs plays.No way I would touch him in the first round[/quote]It seems Burfict either plays over aggressive or just not there. Never that middle ground and being overly aggressive and not there are almost just as bad as the other.

I can seriously picture this kid on the board in the third round.

Comment

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]Have u guys watched anything besides highlights this year because Burfict has been abysmal. im not talking about Personal Fouls either. He freelances allowing teams to gauge them on the ground,Has zero gap discipline,an inconsistent motor,leaves his feet to tackle,and over runs plays.No way I would touch him in the first round[/quote]It seems Burfict either plays over aggressive or just not there. Never that middle ground and being overly aggressive and not there are almost just as bad as the other.

I can seriously picture this kid on the board in the third round.

Comment

[quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"][quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"][quote user="gmen0820"]And Franchise, weren't you one of the biggest Burfict guys on this board?[/quote]

gmen0820

Indianapolis Colts
                      St. Louis Rams
                      minnesota Vikings
                      Cleveland Browns
                      jaccksonville Jaguars
                      Tampa Bay Buccaneers
                      Washington Redskins
                      Miami Dolphins
                      Carolina Panthers
                      Buffalo Bills
                      Kansas City Chiefs
                      Arizona Cardinals
                      Philadelphia Eagles
                      Seattle Seahawks
                      San Diego Chargers
                      Chicago Bears
                      Tennessee Titans
                      Dallas Cowboys
                      New York Jets
                      Oakland Raiders
                      New York Giants
                      Denver Broncos

you tell me if kuechly if is going to make it to us, ehh.. eagles, bears (urlacher's replacement)....they MIGHT make it out the top 10 due to other needs of teams. Unless we trade up, kuechly is gone. getting burfict is much more of a reality then kuechly.[/quote]Eagles have a lot of ammo to move back in and steal Kuechly from us, but I see them going for more of a physical freak talent like Burfict. Good or bad I really don't know. I really hope this kid falls. At least to 18 so we have a legitimate shot to trade up. This is all considering we win Sunday.[/quote]

Eagles have 6 picks in the first 4 rounds.

Comment

[quote user="slipknottin"]Have any of you actually watched him play this year or are you just watching highlight videos on YouTube?

He was downright awful this year, in between his personal foul penalties you got to see him look completely lost, misread plays constantly, and just show his instincts are really subpar.

He is nowhere near being an elite prospect. Maybe in the 3rd or 4th round, no way would I draft him sooner.[/quote]This!!! I worked a lot of Burficts game in the begining of the season I got to the UCLA game and I was watching him thinking why am I wasting my time breaking this guy down. The guy does not follow the defense he freelances gets caught over pursuing and he allows huge gains on the ground. U dont know how many times I watched Burfict attack the wrong gap the RB would cut back and there is no on there and he gauges ASU for 30 yards. I could care less about the personal fouls. If that was the only thing I wouldnt have a problem with him. Im more worried about his hellacious instincts and his willingness to leave his feet to tackle every time.U cant have a MLB for no reason diving at RB's when they come through the hole.

Give me James Michael Johnson of Nevada

Comment

[quote user="giantsfan420"]imo, burficit will be a better player in the nfl. kuechly or however u spell it looks like a good player, but in the nfl i dont know if he has the athleticism and sheer power that would equate into being a game changer. he is smarter and more refined technically, but burfict has the athleticism and agility and power that stands out even in the nfl level.

he'd need to improve on his technique and shedding engaged blocks, which i think he'd be able to do, but for my money, from what i've seen and admittedly it isnt much, id take burfict.

his closing speed is phenomenal, his desire to hit someone is phenomenal, and just his overall athleticism is phenomenal.

kiwi burfict boley

would be a much MUCH better lb core. although the BC mlb would be a great upgrade too.

i wouldnt be surprised if burfict actually gets rated higher on some draft boards than the BC lb.[/quote]

how many full games have you watched Kuechly play?

Comment

[quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"][quote user="giantsfan420"]imo, burficit will be a better player in the nfl. kuechly or however u spell it looks like a good player, but in the nfl i dont know if he has the athleticism and sheer power that would equate into being a game changer. he is smarter and more refined technically, but burfict has the athleticism and agility and power that stands out even in the nfl level.

kiwi burfict boley

how many full games have you watched Kuechly play?[/quote]

i claim to be no expert on either player. my commentary was merely what i thought, which i prefaced with my opinion.

i watched some clip of kuechly where it showed the positives and negatives of his play vs ND, and two other teams.

As I said, technically and in shedding blocks, Kuechly imo is clearly superior.

that said, i still maintain from what i've seen and this imo, that burfict going before kuechly would not surprise me. the talent level from college to the nfl is a huge jump, which is why i feel that a player who displays more athleticism could be higher on draft boards.

in your opinion, who is more of an athletic talent? kuechly or burfict? kuechly displays good technique in shedding blocks and avoiding them, and making tackles. but in a speed, athleticism, agility standpoint, Burfict stands out more.

first year in the nfl, kuechly will be abetter player. overall career, i'd say burfict has a better chance at being a more dominant game changer.

i see kuechly being more ready made for the nfl, but again, is his athleticism and measurables superior to burfict? not imo. and i've watched i believe 4 ASU games, and a couple BC games.

Just the eye test, burfict seems like he is faster, quicker to close on the ball, sideline to sideline faster, and hits harder.

that said, kuechly was the better career in college, but again, his athleticism seems at the nfl level, to be more avg. while burfict at the nfl level, seems like his athleticism and agility would still stand out.

again tho my opinion, and i value the opinions of u and redeye and gmen0820 bc i dont have the time to really evaluate collegiate players.

who do u see as being more athletically gifted between the two?

Comment

[quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"][quote user="giantsfan420"]imo, burficit will be a better player in the nfl. kuechly or however u spell it looks like a good player, but in the nfl i dont know if he has the athleticism and sheer power that would equate into being a game changer. he is smarter and more refined technically, but burfict has the athleticism and agility and power that stands out even in the nfl level.

kiwi burfict boley

i claim to be no expert on either player. my commentary was merely what i thought, which i prefaced with my opinion.

i watched some clip of kuechly where it showed the positives and negatives of his play vs ND, and two other teams.

that said, i still maintain from what i've seen and this imo, that burfict going before kuechly would not surprise me. the talent level from college to the nfl is a huge jump, which is why i feel that a player who displays more athleticism could be higher on draft boards.

in your opinion, who is more of an athletic talent? kuechly or burfict? kuechly displays good technique in shedding blocks and avoiding them, and making tackles. but in a speed, athleticism, agility standpoint, Burfict stands out more.

first year in the nfl, kuechly will be abetter player. overall career, i'd say burfict has a better chance at being a more dominant game changer.

i see kuechly being more ready made for the nfl, but again, is his athleticism and measurables superior to burfict? not imo. and i've watched i believe 4 ASU games, and a couple BC games.

Just the eye test, burfict seems like he is faster, quicker to close on the ball, sideline to sideline faster, and hits harder.

that said, kuechly was the better career in college, but again, his athleticism seems at the nfl level, to be more avg. while burfict at the nfl level, seems like his athleticism and agility would still stand out.

again tho my opinion, and i value the opinions of u and redeye and gmen0820 bc i dont have the time to really evaluate collegiate players.

who do u see as being more athletically gifted between the two?[/quote]

Dont get me wrong, I know what you mean, burfict has these abilities, but if you cannot produce on a consistent level, i dontwant you. I dont want 4 outstanding games and then disappearing 12 games. you know what im saying?

Athletically gifted..hmmmmmm, I would probably leans towards Burfict. Like I said though, can he turn it on every game? Kuechly is just as gifted, he may not be faster (clocked time) but Kuechly is ALWAYSSSS around the ball, 33 straight games with 10 tackles or more...if thats not gifted, idk what is...

Thanks for the compliment bro, but I gotta pass the collegiate stuff to redeye, I believe he was created from the sperm of Lee Corso and Kirk Herbstreit...

Comment

[quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"][quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"][quote user="giantsfan420"]imo, burficit will be a better player in the nfl. kuechly or however u spell it looks like a good player, but in the nfl i dont know if he has the athleticism and sheer power that would equate into being a game changer. he is smarter and more refined technically, but burfict has the athleticism and agility and power that stands out even in the nfl level.

kiwi burfict boley

who do u see as being more athletically gifted between the two?[/quote]

Dont get me wrong, I know what you mean, burfict has these abilities, but if you cannot produce on a consistent level, i dontwant you. I dont want 4 outstanding games and then disappearing 12 games. you know what im saying?

Athletically gifted..hmmmmmm, I would probably leans towards Burfict. Like I said though, can he turn it on every game? Kuechly is just as gifted, he may not be faster (clocked time) but Kuechly is ALWAYSSSS around the ball, 33 straight games with 10 tackles or more...if thats not gifted, idk what is...

Thanks for the compliment bro, but I gotta pass the collegiate stuff to redeye, I believe he was created from the sperm of Lee Corso and Kirk Herbstreit...[/quote]

i can def. see ur viewpoint and agree with ur assessment on both. i just see that in the nfl, teams are more willing to take the player who has a higher ceiling over a guy who performed very well in college but doesnt have as high a ceiling.

dont forget graham was taken before JPP by philly. even if graham was there, i still think Reese would take JPP for the whole NFL transition bc of talent and more of upside.

btw, hows your injury? your neck/shoulder right? how u feeling?

Comment

Working...
                                X