Yes! Please let it be with NYG

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes! Please let it be with NYG

Heard Buffalo Bills sports talk radio this afternoon. They said(Donald Jones and Steve Tasker) if theres a QB you are completely sold on in the draft you "make the deal". "Its gonna take 'em all". Buffalo has 2 first round picks in April, and it was consensus that if it took both of next Aprils first round picks and 2019's number 1 you make the deal. WOW. This could turn the Giants around quick. The Bills are very high on Darnold. If any trade like this is presented it is my opinion they should take it. Go Browns and Niners!

You heard this on sports radio and now it's true?

What if the Giants want Darnold?

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

Eh, who needs Darnold? We have the franchise savior, Davis Webb!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post

Eh, who needs Darnold? We have the franchise savior, Davis Webb!
        Even though you have a cute avatar, it will not, and can not prevent father time from winning. YOUR personal QB, Eli Manning has taken a special interest in Davis Webb. As a Giants fan you should be pulling for Webb--the pick was spent--and remember the Maras are in on draft pick selections.
        You have made it clear your disdain for Webb, but it would turn the team around the fastest if the successor is on the roster--already being groomed by a 2 time SB winner with a work ethic that's second to none.

Comment

Just threw it out there for discussion. It's merely my opinion that it would be a savvy move to take 3 1st round picks instead of Darnold. I'm in the Mayfield camp. Let the young guys battle it out down the road, AND secure extra picks.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeO Giant fan View Post

You have made it clear your disdain for Webb, but it would turn the team around the fastest if the successor is on the roster--already being groomed by a 2 time SB winner with a work ethic that's second to none.
            I have no disdain for Davis Webb. I reserve my disdain for those who would act like he's something more than what he was drafted to be...a solid backup QB. That is what middle-round QB picks are generally for. Most teams carry three quarterbacks. You're not going to use first-round picks for all of them.

If I presented my average-looking wife as the most beautiful woman on the planet and talked incessantly about how she was going to be the next great Hollywood starlet...you'd probably get tired of hearing it. Doesn't mean you hate my wife. After all, she's not the one yammering on ad nauseam about how beautiful she is.

And if I complained constantly about how Hollywood directors weren't pushing aside Jennifer Lawrence and Scarlett Johansson in order to take a look at my average-looking wife, someone may ask, "Why would they?" Jennifer Lawrence and Scarlett Johansson have talent and experience. And when they do get a little long in the tooth...there are women prettier than my wife ready to take their place. It's just the way it is.

But, no...I have no ill feeling toward Davis Webb himself.

Comment

I am starting to think that at least 6 QBs are leaving in the first, looks like every team is out for them this year. Giants may risk not getting a good QB if they trade back with Bills for two 1st round picks

Comment

Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post

I have no disdain for Davis Webb. I reserve my disdain for those who would act like he's something more than what he was drafted to be...a solid backup QB. That is what middle-round QB picks are generally for. Most teams carry three quarterbacks. You're not going to use first-round picks for all of them.

If I presented my average-looking wife as the most beautiful woman on the planet and talked incessantly about how she was going to be the next great Hollywood starlet...you'd probably get tired of hearing it. Doesn't mean you hate my wife. After all, she's not the one yammering on ad nauseam about how beautiful she is.

And if I complained constantly about how Hollywood directors weren't pushing aside Jennifer Lawrence and Scarlett Johansson in order to take a look at my average-looking wife, someone may ask, "Why would they?" Jennifer Lawrence and Scarlett Johansson have talent and experience. And when they do get a little long in the tooth...there are women prettier than my wife ready to take their place. It's just the way it is.

But, no...I have no ill feeling toward Davis Webb himself.
                I have no CERTAINTY about Webb, and never said I did. I do see when you take all of the calls for him in totality it could seem like guys are losing their minds. Just speaking for myself and probably several others, we just want to see him get some time against real players in meaningful games. Whether he shows he's worth further tutoring or could be a valid backup, it has to start SOMEWHERE. I don't know what your hobbies are, but someone can only SHOW you so much--talk about it so much. A mans poise and heart can rarely be seen while he wears a baseball cap and holds a clip board.
                What we do know is he's got the NFL build and some mobility, all the while possessing a better than average arm. Some scouts felt the best "arm talent" in that draft. He came to the Giants with a rep for being a student of the game, and excelled at 2 different schools. Now that he was taken by NYG, it only makes sense to see what he can be. Both the Redskins and Seahawks are very glad they looked at their full stable of QBs. I am not against drafting another QB real high, but I do have some reservations about the highly touted guys. If it was up to me, I'd lean towards Mayfield because he's just so different. Perhaps he would still need to be taken super high, but maybe trading back even a little could bring him and extra picks We all want the same thing--to be excited at this time of year for a relevant team in big games.
                I don't know how old you are, but it has been my experience that the "average looking" women in school and in their 20's end up drop dead gorgeous in their 40s and 50's when the others have faded after a short shelf life. You just never know.

Comment

The whole league is high on Darnold. High character guy, good arm, throws with anticipation. "Clean" prospect.

I like Rosen and Mayfield better but lets see what happens.

Comment

id actually be all for it.

id just hope that buffalo losses out because as of now, they have the 17th(and 25th from KC) id want a little higer pick. 2 to 17 is a big dropoff.

would say Mayfield be there at 17? one of th better OL still be available?

Comment

What other team(s) other than Buffalo has two first round picks? ?

Comment

Working...
                      X