Reeses 5 best picks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post

So you think that Tomlinson is a lot worse than hankins? I dont. I saw that his numbers were very similar to hankins last years numbers so far. If we signed hankins and don't resign Pugh or odell your gonna complain then. You can't resign everybody. You have to allocate your resources.
    Lot of people are killing Tomlinson saying Hankins lost was a huge part. It isnt. We have no LBs and losing our DBs hurt this defense tremendously. It had a domino effect. I like Tominson a lot and think he will plug in just like Joseph and Hankins. If Reese knew one thing, it was drafting good DTs with the exception of Austin.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

Bust to me is a player that didnt work out, regardless. Chad wasnt a bust because of Reese, he was a bust because of injury. Wilson, although he may not have been a bust if he didnt get hurt, I dont think would have been that great of a RB. Dynamic athlete, but not a great RB.
      Everyone has a right to their opinion, I'm sorry I just can't call a player a bust if his career gets cut very short or not even started due to an injury. Wilson could of been our Darren sprolles. Do a little bit of everything and cause a mismatch. For a late first round pick you could of done a lot worse.

and if you want to talk about a bust and injuries the first player that comes to my mind is prince.
      [SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post

Shep is always that forgotten guy. I expected him to be quicker. More like a was welker. He's good don't get me wrong.
        I agree and thats what seperates him from ODB. ODB has super human speed and agility, Shep is more on same level as Engram just smaller but better hands and agility because of his size. The 3 is top notch, just need a number 2 WR and we got best in the game. Of course QB otw to, cant wait to see who we get this year although with Reese you always expect a surprise so now we dont know what to expect wth new people comming in picking. I always agrred and liked Reeses pick because it had some type of logic to it. I think it was Macdoo that really messed up the season and not just Reeses picks on a team. He really had no option on OL. Eli is done and not a QB to build a team around, we need to bring fire to this team. I hope giants dont hire a bunch of idiots from Browns scouting squad to put us in deeper in the rabbit hole
        Last edited by NephilimGiants; 12-06-2017, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NAVY2323 View Post
          Beckham, Collins, Engram, Nicks, Pugh.
          Pugh seriously

Comment

Ahmad Bradshaw

Kenny Phillips

Hakeem Nicks

JPP

Linval Joseph

Comment

People are listing OBJ but that was not a good pick at all.

Reese was choosing among OBJ, Aaron Donald, and Zach Martin.

He chose the guy who plays furthest from the ball and the only guy of the 3 who is a cancer.

Jerry Reese would still be currently employed if he had selected Donald or Martin.

Comment

I love me some Collins, but based off his fall back to earth from last years performance, I'd give Kenny Phillips the edge for who's the better #21. KP could definitely hit almost as hard and was wayyyy better in coverage than LC.

If Phillips' career wasnt cut short, imagine LC & KP playing side to side. Good lord that woulda been nasty.

Comment

Originally posted by Down-lifer View Post

Wow...I forgot about Ramses Braden and Clint Sintim
                  Travis Beckum also taken in the 3rd round

Comment

Originally posted by NYGPonziScheme View Post

He chose the guy who plays furthest from the ball and the only guy of the 3 who is a cancer.

Jerry Reese would still be currently employed if he had selected Donald or Martin.
                    You can play this game with every GM in the NFL.

Comment

Overall, I am glad Reese is gone...It was time. However, people here are way to harsh on his draft picks. Great GM's miss all the time in the NFL.

Comment

I wanted Donald so bad that draft. Im fine with OBJ though. And OBJ wasnt the one holding out this season. All 3 are elite though with HOF potential. What a draft.

Comment

Originally posted by bruiser1 View Post

Pugh seriously
                          Pugh is a good football player and Reese didnít draft many. In hindsight Bradshaw is a better choice.
                          sigpic Verbally I'm untouchable like Eliot Ness.

Comment

Originally posted by NAVY2323 View Post

Pugh is a good football player and Reese didnít draft many. In hindsight Bradshaw is a better choice.

Tweener. Lacks core strength and length.

Not stout enough at G.

Not long enough at T.

Comment

To be fair Reese did choose most of the draft by position needed and not best available player. That year WR class was stacked. Laundry, Allen robinson, dovante adams, mike evans, brandin cook, benjamin.

I still think ODB is more clutch then all of them though, Reese did a good pick in scanning the best WR of that draft. Unfortuntetly I think he would of picked a good QB for us this draft and Im worried of the people who are taking over as this will be a whole new era we are starting....Reese wasnt that good at picking QBs anyway as he never needed to with Ironman as our QB but his pick for Nassib and Webb are questionable

Comment

That 2007 draft was special, but was it ALL Reeses at that time? That TE pick of Adrien Robinson was a bust and they let him languish too long. Was Donnell a draft pick?

Comment

Working...
                                X