Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dave Brown View Post

And if Rosen gets taken by the Browns?
    Thatís not the scenario in the mock draft posted in the OP.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Red22 View Post

Barkley is gonna destroy the combine
      Because Rutgers defense wonít be there?

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

Thatís not the scenario in the mock draft posted in the OP.
        I understand that. I was adding another wrinkle to the hypothetical.

That's all any of this stuff is right now anyway: hypotheticals. We can discuss various scenarios.

Basically if we get the 2nd pick, Darnold stays at USC, and Rosen gets taken first, there are two ways to go:

(1) Draft Barkley
        (2) Trade down

I don't see a viable third. No other QB deserves to be drafted 2nd overall.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

I agree, a good running game helps. But Elliott has the best OL in football. We have the worst.
          Resign Fluker for RG, he was an instant upgraded and helped our run game move out of last place. Use he 2nd or 3rd on a LG. Hart was so bad of a tackle that we just need an average mid tier tackle to see an improvement. Plus with Odell back teams wonít play us with 7 in the box like they do against Dallas.

Aside from the giants game, Dak has only 2 TDS and 7 ints in the other 5 games without Elliot. Thats the kind of help a good to great running back provides a passing attack. Odell will go crazy if teams put 7 in the box especially with shep, engram and king also causing mismatches.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post

Resign Fluker for RG, he was an instant upgraded and helped our run game move out of last place. Use he 2nd or 3rd on a LG. Hart was so bad of a tackle that we just need an average mid tier tackle to see an improvement. Plus with Odell back teams wonít play us with 7 in the box like they do against Dallas.

Aside from the giants game, Dak has only 2 TDS and 7 ints in the other 5 games without Elliot. Thats the kind of help a good to great running back provides a passing attack. Odell will go crazy if teams put 7 in the box especially with shep, engram and king also causing mismatches.

Fair enough,

Thats a lot of assumptions. I agree we should resign Fluker to play RG, but will we? Also, a 2nd or 3rd round LG isnt easy to find, plug and play right away. We might lose our best OLman in Pugh to FA. Hart should be cut. Flowers is awful. Richburg should be cut. There are too many questions on the OL right now to go RB IMO.

As for Dak, not only did he lose Elliot, but also the all world LT Tyron Smith. I think another OLman was hurt too. But I agree, in their situation, Elliot looks to be the key to their offensive success. But how many other teams with great RBs struggle? Peterson and the Vikings never went anywhere. Sanders and the Lions. Ect. Getting a good RB doesnt equal success. Now getting a good QB? Thats the key IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Brown View Post

I understand that. I was adding another wrinkle to the hypothetical.

That's all any of this stuff is right now anyway: hypotheticals. We can discuss various scenarios.

Basically if we get the 2nd pick, Darnold stays at USC, and Rosen gets taken first, there are two ways to go:

(1) Draft Barkley
              (2) Trade down

I don't see a viable third. No other QB deserves to be drafted 2nd overall.
              I would be open to trading the pick in that scenario, but if we couldn't find a trading partner and/or get good value for the pick, I would be ok with taking Saquon.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

Fair enough,

Thats a lot of assumptions. I agree we should resign Fluker to play RG, but will we? Also, a 2nd or 3rd round LG isnt easy to find, plug and play right away. We might lose our best OLman in Pugh to FA. Hart should be cut. Flowers is awful. Richburg should be cut. There are too many questions on the OL right now to go RB IMO.

As for Dak, not only did he lose Elliot, but also the all world LT Tyron Smith. I think another OLman was hurt too. But I agree, in their situation, Elliot looks to be the key to their offensive success. But how many other teams with great RBs struggle? Peterson and the Vikings never went anywhere. Sanders and the Lions. Ect. Getting a good RB doesnt equal success. Now getting a good QB? Thats the key IMO.
                Thatís what Eli has been working with LOL flowers and no run game the last 3 plus years lol.

Sure you you can find guards in the 3rd round. Every year there are really good to great guards that go in the 3rd round.

pugh shouldnít be brought back, Canr stay healthy and Jones has done pretty good. We can keep elision to help flowers and sign a RT via FA. Or see if wheeler pans out. Canít be worse than Hart.

Also regarding good qb, you never considered Eli Elite but we won with him, so do we need a elite qb to win?

Comment

I would be open to trading the pick in that scenario, but if we couldn't find a trading partner and/or get good value for the pick, I would be ok with taking Saquon.
                  This is how I feel too. Get picks if not then take Saquon.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
                    I've been hoping for this for two months. I really don't think it will happen, but I really hope it does. Either take Barkley with the second pick or trade the 2nd pick for a kings ransom and draft Quentin Nelson.

Barkley, Eli/Webb, ODB, Engram, Shep, Ellison would be a sick offense.
                    Ellison?

Comment

Because Rutgers defense wonít be there?
                      sure.. whatever helps you sleep at night

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post

Thatís what Eli has been working with LOL flowers and no run game the last 3 plus years lol.

Sure you you can find guards in the 3rd round. Every year there are really good to great guards that go in the 3rd round.

pugh shouldnít be brought back, Canr stay healthy and Jones has done pretty good. We can keep elision to help flowers and sign a RT via FA. Or see if wheeler pans out. Canít be worse than Hart.

Also regarding good qb, you never considered Eli Elite but we won with him, so do we need a elite qb to win?
                        No not at all. Dont need an Elite QB to win. Just one that doesnt make the big mistakes. Eli was superb in thsoe 2 SB runs and through the playoffs, and a big reason why we won it all. Other than that, he is very mediocre. He appears to have lost whatever magic he had in 2011. He has the highest of highs and the lowest of lows, but for the majority of his career he has been quite average.

My thought process is this, unless there is an unquestionable unbelievable once in a generation type talent and you need a QB now or very soon, a top 3 pick should be a QB if there are good QBs to be had. This is the class of QBs. There are 5 or 6 QBs that people are thinking could be first round, franchise type QBs, whether immediately, or down the road. We are in position to set ourselves up for the future if the right choice is made.

To me, Gallman looks to be a more than capable back out there. If we set him up with a QB who can at least scramble, and has an arm, and some solid OLmen, we would be set. Gallman looks to be a 1000 yard every down back. Maybe needs to work on blocking.

I wish we saw what Webb has but they arent showing us for some reason. And if Webb looked great or even good, Id maybe change my mind thinking we could ride with him. But they arent playing him.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Red22 View Post

Barkley is gonna destroy the combine
                          For sure. Runs in the 4.3's and is extremely strong

Comment

Saquon thinking about staying in school. Hasn't made his decision yet. Won't until the final day.

He would be dumb to to that though.

Comment

I don't think anyone will cry about drafting barkely.... I just think they can do better as an overall draft by trading back a few spots and going from there. IMO rashaad penny could be great in the NFL and he isn't going to cost a 2 overall to get.

Comment

1- resign Fluker and move Flowers to RT
                                2- draft Barkley in the 1st
                                3- draft OT Orlando Brown 2nd, OG Will Hernandez 3rd, and C Frank Ragnow 4th
                                4- possibly sign another WR

And our offense should be TOTALLY renovated
                                Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Working...
                                X