Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do we do at #2 if ....

Darnold stays in school?

I think the easy answer is to say trade back, but you have to have a trading partner to trade back. With no Darnold, and Rosen presumably picked by the Browns at #1, who is the player that teams are going to want to trade up to #2 for?

Barkley.

Best RB prospect coming out of college since Adrian Peterson.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Brown View Post
      Barkley.

Got completely shut down by Rutgers.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

Well when you have no O-line... dude is an absolute freak. Complete back, run, catch, block, speed quickness AND power. IDK what else you want.
        Last edited by B-Red22; 12-20-2017, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

And Georgia St. And Indiana. And Northwestern. And then Ohio St and Mich St.

I see the potential, but dont want anything to do with him at #2. Thats a joke. He had 4 games out of 12 of 100 yard games in 2017.

Originally posted by B-Red22 View Post

Put up crazy numbers this season with a crap o line
          Crazy numbers? 4 games out of 12 of 100 yards rushing.

And since our OL sucks, does that mean he would struggle here too? Probably.
          1-BAKER MAYFIELD
          2-WILL HERNANDEZ
          3-TYRELL CROSBY
          3-HOLTON HILL
          4-JOSEY JEWELL
          5-BO SCARBROUGH

Comment

Barkley.

Ezekiel Elliott was much better in college.
            1-BAKER MAYFIELD
            2-WILL HERNANDEZ
            3-TYRELL CROSBY
            3-HOLTON HILL
            4-JOSEY JEWELL
            5-BO SCARBROUGH

Comment

Id go Baker Mayfield.
              1-BAKER MAYFIELD
              2-WILL HERNANDEZ
              3-TYRELL CROSBY
              3-HOLTON HILL
              4-JOSEY JEWELL
              5-BO SCARBROUGH

Comment

Trade down with the Brown or Broncos or Jets.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

Ezekiel Elliott was much better in college.
                  Arguable as he was on a much better team.

Look anyone who can't see the elite talent in Barkley just by watching him is lost. The guy is awesome. I'm not saying he should be our pick, but there is no denying his greatness.

Comment

Arguable as he was on a much better team.

Look anyone who can't see the elite talent in Barkley just by watching him is lost. The guy is awesome. I'm not saying he should be our pick, but there is no denying his greatness.
                    Like I said, I see the talent. He shows explosive plays. He has superstar top flight straight line speed. Thats the trait I see the best in him, straight line speed. Its a 10 out of 10. as for the rest, his acceleration and vision IMO needs some to be desired. Thats why he cant bust through in some of his games. Soem say OL, but I think a superstar, top 2 RB should have elite acceleration through holes and not get tripped up like I have seen in some games.

Again, I am NOT saying he wil bust at all, or even that he wont be great in the NFL on the right team. Im just saying I dont think we have the luxury or OL to chose a RB at #2 right now considering we have a crap OL, a QB who is near / at the end of his career, and a defense who just got absolutely shredded this season.

I feel like if we take Barkley, he could be a 15 carries for 45 yards type for us with every once in a while busting one loose. I dont see him being better than Elliot at all. And I like what I see in Gallman.
                    1-BAKER MAYFIELD
                    2-WILL HERNANDEZ
                    3-TYRELL CROSBY
                    3-HOLTON HILL
                    4-JOSEY JEWELL
                    5-BO SCARBROUGH

Comment

Like I said, I see the talent. He shows explosive plays. He has superstar top flight straight line speed. Thats the trait I see the best in him, straight line speed. Its a 10 out of 10. as for the rest, his acceleration and vision IMO needs some to be desired. Thats why he cant bust through in some of his games. Soem say OL, but I think a superstar, top 2 RB should have elite acceleration through holes and not get tripped up like I have seen in some games.

Again, I am NOT saying he wil bust at all, or even that he wont be great in the NFL on the right team. Im just saying I dont think we have the luxury or OL to chose a RB at #2 right now considering we have a crap OL, a QB who is near / at the end of his career, and a defense who just got absolutely shredded this season.

I feel like if we take Barkley, he could be a 15 carries for 45 yards type for us with every once in a while busting one loose. I dont see him being better than Elliot at all. And I like what I see in Gallman.
                      Barkley is a better RB than Zeke in every aspect of the game.

Comment

And Georgia St. And Indiana. And Northwestern. And then Ohio St and Mich St.

I see the potential, but dont want anything to do with him at #2. Thats a joke. He had 4 games out of 12 of 100 yard games in 2017.

Crazy numbers? 4 games out of 12 of 100 yards rushing.

And since our OL sucks, does that mean he would struggle here too? Probably.
                        So you're just looking at rushing yards ya?

Comment

Barkley is a better RB than Zeke in every aspect of the game.
                          Except statistically. And I dont see the same balance and vision and patience as Elliot either. Again, he has very good talent. It flashes, but not consistent enough for me to consider him an elite top 2 pick.

So you're just looking at rushing yards ya?
                          Just? No. Part of it, yes. I like a top 2 pick to have dominating college statistics along with how he looks on film. You think our OL is better than PSUs when thinking about opponents? Doubtful. So if he is struggling vs Rutgers and Indiana and other low ranked defensive schools, how does he do against NFL style defenses with our crap OL?
                          Last edited by TheAnalyst; 12-20-2017, 11:05 AM.
                          1-BAKER MAYFIELD
                          2-WILL HERNANDEZ
                          3-TYRELL CROSBY
                          3-HOLTON HILL
                          4-JOSEY JEWELL
                          5-BO SCARBROUGH

Comment

Except statistically. And I dont see the same balance and vision and patience as Elliot either. Again, he has very good talent. It flashes, but not consistent enough for me to consider him an elite top 2 pick.

Just? No. Part of it, yes. I like a top 2 pick to have dominating college statistics along with how he looks on film. You think our OL is better than PSUs when thinking about opponents? Doubtful. So if he is struggling vs Rutgers and Indiana and other low ranked defensive schools, how does he do against NFL style defenses with our crap OL?
                            So you don't draft a great player because the line isn't good today? The bad line isn't just a problem for RBs. It will be a problem for any QB we draft. O line can and will be rebuilt. We can certainly start in this offseason. Barkely would just be hitting his prime in 2-3 years, and by then our line could be very good. Who knows? San Diego went from a having a bottom 3 O line last year to at least an average (and probably better than avg) one this year by treating it as a priority in the offseason.

Comment

Beckham gives you an electric talent who can take it to the house on any given play from anywhere on the field.. Barkley gives you a 2nd player to can do just that as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X