What do we do at #2 if ....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post

I worry about him being a bit like Andre Williams. I dont see the necessary vision to succeed in the pros.
    True his vision is definitely the biggest concern. Don't think he is in the same category as Andre Williams though haha. He has legit breakaway speed and can be very, very good if he can get to the 2nd level. Unfortunately, our offensive line play won't consistently allow for that.
    1. Ryan Ramcyzk, OT, Wisconsin
    2. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vanderbilt
    3. Dalvin Tomlinson, DT, Alabama
    4. Samaje Perine, RB, Oklahoma

Comment

• Originally posted by giantsfan1998 View Post

True his vision is definitely the biggest concern. Don't think he is in the same category as Andre Williams though haha. He has legit breakaway speed and can be very, very good if he can get to the 2nd level. Unfortunately, our offensive line play won't consistently allow for that.
      Andre Williams had very good long speed. Was just a putrid runner. I dont think Adams is as bad but I am not high on him at all.

Comment

• Please stop saying we need Mayfield. We don't need a midget QB. WIth an attitude.

Comment

• Not Mayfield.

Comment

• For example the impact of a stud RB... Zeke Elliott getting suspended doomed the Cowboys. They're aren't completely similar RB's, I think Barkley is more talented physically by a pretty wide margin, but I think Zeke was more polished coming out of school.

Todd Gurley for the Rams... Their OL was terrible, no passing threat, and they weren't good. They made some upgrades on the OL, got Jeff Fisher out of there, and their offense is COMPLETELY different. Their weapons at WR/TE? Way worse than OBJ, Shep, Engram, and Marshall (if he's back).. Watkins, Cooper Kupp, Tavon Austin, etc... not even close

Goff is someone who just manages the game for the most part. Having an elite RB who can catch out of the backfield is such a threat in today's NFL. Gurley is going insane this year. A good chance he wins MVP.

Another example: Fournette in Jacksonville is making Bortles look like a top 10 QB this year.. the legitimate threat of a dynamic RB does wonders for the passing game.

Barkley has all the talent you could dream for in a RB and has no injury history at all. No off the field red flags.

Now I'm not saying he's a must pick at 2. I would definitely consider it though. As far as pure talent I think he's the most talented I've seen since Peterson. I don't think he's a sure thing, but his talent is off the charts. I like Gallman a lot, so if we went another direction I wouldn't be mad, but I think he definitely needs to be considered
            sigpic
            S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
            6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

It's called a calculated risk. An over abundance of caution gets you 2-13.
              I think the Giants have done well while being considered by most to be a conservative (cautious) team. I agree, however, that some risk is acceptable but it makes sense to me to try to lesson risk by considering, among many factors, character. I like what I've read of Mayfield but hope he falls and the Giants take him with an extra pick gained by trading down. Still a risk but a smaller risk than using the second overall.

Trading down brings me back to the original poster's question: I think the Giants still have potential trade partners even if QBs are off the board already at 2. They may not get as many picks as they would with a QB still available since teams will over-spend for QBs but I would still trade down to someone looking to grab Barkley or Chubb.

Comment

• Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                Darnold stays in school?

I think the easy answer is to say trade back, but you have to have a trading partner to trade back. With no Darnold, and Rosen presumably picked by the Browns at #1, who is the player that teams are going to want to trade up to #2 for?
                There are 3 (maybe even 4) QBs in this draft who are better than Darnold.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYG9289 View Post

There are 3 (maybe even 4) QBs in this draft who are better than Darnold.
                  Name them

Comment

Name them
                    I would say Rosen, Mayfiled, Allen and Jackson off the top of my head.
                    I think Darnold might be a very good QB, but he's not ready yet. He should stay in school at least one more year. He looked overwhelmed in the bowl game.
                    It's not Eli's fault....It's the chemtrails!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

I would say Rosen, Mayfiled, Allen and Jackson off the top of my head.
                      I think Darnold might be a very good QB, but he's not ready yet. He should stay in school at least one more year. He looked overwhelmed in the bowl game.
                      As I said before, I pretty much know nothing when it comes to evaluating these QB's.

That being said, though, Allen scares me a lot

Comment

• Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post
                        Not Mayfield.
                        I'm worried about balls being batted down at the line of scrimmage. If he was any shorter, he'd be hiding a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow
                        Long Live the King

Comment

• Originally posted by Gee718 View Post

I'm worried about balls being batted down at the line of scrimmage. If he was any shorter, he'd be hiding a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow
                          Itís going to limit what he can do in the pocket.

Comment

As I said before, I pretty much know nothing when it comes to evaluating these QB's.

That being said, though, Allen scares me a lot
                            I was thinking of the same 4, with Lamar Jackson being the debatable one. Why does Allen scare you a lot? IMO, he is the best in the group. He will be just like Carson Wentz. The guy is an absolute animal on a mission.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gee718 View Post

I'm worried about Mayfield too. I did look into the height thing though, and there are many good QBs who aren't that tall. Aaron Rodgers and Jimmy Garrapolo are only 6'2. Drew Brees is 6'0 and Russell Wilson is 5'11. Steve Young was 6'2. Mayfield is 6'1.

I'm not sure what their respective wingspans are though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Brown View Post
                                Barkley.

Best RB prospect coming out of college since Adrian Peterson.
                                I'd say Barry Sanders. Adrian Peterson was never really a threat as a receiver and is a knucklehead. Barkley is the complete package.
                                Last edited by Blue_ToThe_Bone; 01-02-2018, 01:13 PM.
                                I may not believe in a higher power but I believe in Elisha Nelson Manning.

Comment

Working...
                                X