Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do we do at #2 if ....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Josh Allen can be the hidden Gem, in the 2018 Draft.

    Comment


    • #47
      The off the field nonsense is just that. College kids being immature?.....What a shock!
      I place no value in that as a consideration.
      If they feel Mayfield is the guy, then they need to get him.

      I suspect the "draft rankings" will change drastically between now and April. Who knows, Mayfield may be the #1 pick. Or Rosen...or even Allen......
      It's not Eli's fault....It's the chemtrails!!!!

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by kingcap88 View Post

        Same here. I'd take Mayfield over Darnold anyway. Between the two, Mayfield seems like he has more upside.
        Don't know about upside. Darnold has a lot of upside. A lot of potential. Mayfield is the better QB right now though. Tough to tell how it translates into the NFL though. The combine is important for him.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
          The off the field nonsense is just that. College kids being immature?.....What a shock!
          I place no value in that as a consideration.
          If they feel Mayfield is the guy, then they need to get him.

          I suspect the "draft rankings" will change drastically between now and April. Who knows, Mayfield may be the #1 pick. Or Rosen...or even Allen......
          Carson Wentz wasnt considered a first round pick in december back in 2016 draft.

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

            Carson Wentz wasnt considered a first round pick in december back in 2016 draft.
            Perfect example. By April, Josh Allen may be the flavor of the month.
            It's not Eli's fault....It's the chemtrails!!!!

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

              How is he a can't miss?
              Speed, quickness, power, agility, catches out of the backfield, special teams, vision, 3 down back, he has it all... idk what else you want. I guess you guys wanna see monster numbers?? So if he has better number THAN he is can't miss or what? Stats are not everything when it comes to the draft. I get it, i'm just giving my 2 cents, he is as close to a can't miss RB as there is.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by B-Red22 View Post

                Speed, quickness, power, agility, catches out of the backfield, special teams, vision, 3 down back, he has it all... idk what else you want. I guess you guys wanna see monster numbers?? So if he has better number THAN he is can't miss or what? Stats are not everything when it comes to the draft. I get it, i'm just giving my 2 cents, he is as close to a can't miss RB as there is.
                I actually really like Barkley. Just busting your nads about Rutgers.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Time to play poker. No matter what way they go the next GM is going to shape the Giants immediate future in a big way. IF they want a QB I plead no to Rosen. How can NYG go from legacy QBs with incredible work ethics like Simms and Eli to what may be a gifted athlete who has a "take it or leave it" attitude about football. Steer clear. Mayfield would be safer if they like him as a QB. My first choice is further developing Webb and getting the bounty in a trade. Fix some holes quick.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by LakeO Giant fan View Post
                    Time to play poker. No matter what way they go the next GM is going to shape the Giants immediate future in a big way. IF they want a QB I plead no to Rosen. How can NYG go from legacy QBs with incredible work ethics like Simms and Eli to what may be a gifted athlete who has a "take it or leave it" attitude about football. Steer clear. Mayfield would be safer if they like him as a QB. My first choice is further developing Webb and getting the bounty in a trade. Fix some holes quick.
                    No offense, but how could your first choice be to develop Webb? What is that based on? The team hasn't even thought that he was ready to put on a football uniform in any game this year, but you want to roll the dice on this guy instead of a franchise QB that might be available in the draft?

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by B-Red22 View Post

                      Speed, quickness, power, agility, catches out of the backfield, special teams, vision, 3 down back, he has it all... idk what else you want. I guess you guys wanna see monster numbers?? So if he has better number THAN he is can't miss or what? Stats are not everything when it comes to the draft. I get it, i'm just giving my 2 cents, he is as close to a can't miss RB as there is.
                      That may be the best scouting report I've seen since Blair Thomas.
                      It's not Eli's fault....It's the chemtrails!!!!

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by B-Red22 View Post

                        Speed, quickness, power, agility, catches out of the backfield, special teams, vision, 3 down back, he has it all... idk what else you want. I guess you guys wanna see monster numbers?? So if he has better number THAN he is can't miss or what? Stats are not everything when it comes to the draft. I get it, i'm just giving my 2 cents, he is as close to a can't miss RB as there is.
                        I remember Trent Richardson was going to be a force too. And I remember how Ron Dayne was going to bring the pain train. And as far as can't miss players, Robert freaking Gallery was suppose to be the highest can't miss dominant LT ever.

                        Point being, you never know. That's why when I look, I look for more than just the eye test. Need stats in college to be a top 2 pick IMO. Especially if you are a RB.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Trade Cleveland for their #1 pick next year...Since they'll be picking first again...Then get him..


                          and a 2nd rounder
                          Long Live the King

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

                            No offense, but how could your first choice be to develop Webb? What is that based on? The team hasn't even thought that he was ready to put on a football uniform in any game this year, but you want to roll the dice on this guy instead of a franchise QB that might be available in the draft?
                            No offense taken. For those that its so important to, Webb was considered by some draft gurus to be a 1st round talent. I actually find it a good thing they got him in the 3rd round--they took two needed starters in the first two rounds. Not only that, I believe its a considerable money difference. NYG is going to have to shave dollars somewhere to sign their own and other FAs.
                            I'm in the camp with the posters who are not overly high on the hyped guys. I do see what many see in Mayfield, however. If a GM and coach wanted to fashion an offense around him I think it would eventually pay off. Personally, because I highly value Davis Webb's best traits, I'm pulling for him to prove he can be the guy. He is as devoted a football player that you will find for a guy his age. A self starter who studies hard and has the arm talent. He has been quietly confident without being prematurely cocky. Some have said he reminds them of a young Eli with his work ethic and study habits.

                            It is my opinion that if the Giants can parlay that high pick position into several high picks it will serve them better in an effort to be competitive sooner.`

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              To answer the OP . Darnold does not declare.
                              Giants can not find a trade partner.
                              I would then select Bradley Chubb, DE-North Carolina State. Never have enough DE's. It will also give the Giants a chance to trade Vernon or JPP.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

                                I admittedly know only what I read and see when it comes to evaluating prospects, and I am no scout by any stretch of the imagination, but I am a fan of Darnold and think that he would be a good fit here.



                                What's the latest on Sam Darnold staying in school or not? Also, is there any info out there that states the Browns prefer Rosen over Darnold?

                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X