No announcement yet.

Please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gettleman said you need to run the ball and play big in the trenches. He barely adressed the QB . He might be bluffing. From his presser it would be hard for me see him pass up on a talent like Barkley the guy moves like a cheetah but I can see him take a OT or DE also. He talked about getting bigger in the trenches.

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post

You miss interpreted what I stated. They had their lines in place before they picked their RB. Not addressing it at the time of the pick or after the pick. Just saying use later round picks will fix the line issues is wishful thinking., Trading down acquiring picks that can address the needs will give better odds for success. The only thing a RB ensures is more of the same mind set. "Play makers above all else" One of the reasons we are 2-13.
      We didnít fail to address the oline, we missed on who we selected their is a big difference.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfam04 View Post
        Draft saquon Barkley
        With you 100%. I think he could be the guy that really helps this offense immediately. Would love to see him and gallman

Comment

Originally posted by blu_buddha View Post
          Gettleman said you need to run the ball and play big in the trenches. He barely adressed the QB . He might be bluffing. From his presser it would be hard for me see him pass up on a talent like Barkley the guy moves like a cheetah but I can see him take a OT or DE also. He talked about getting bigger in the trenches.
          Iím not sure thereís an ol worth the 2nd pick in the draft. Either take a qb or Barkley or move out of the 2nd spot.

Comment

Gettleman picked a RB at #8 last year....

Comment

We didnít fail to address the oline, we missed on who we selected their is a big difference.
              It does not change the fact we took ball catchers and DBs in the last 3 drafts with our 1st pick . Not fxiing the line has directly influenced the direction of this team 30+ games of a held back potential.

IMO: taking a RB with the #2 pick , witnessing what Giants have been is a not conducive to fixing the problems. The line Needs to be stable first. Should be #1 priority . We have 2 backs under rookie contracts Gallmen and Perkins . We have 2 O-linemen under contract Flowers and Jerry. 1 Linebacker Goodson. Not in any scenario does it make sense to take a RB in the the #2 pick. The best thing to do is trade the pick and rebuild this roster with a lot of young talent. Adding a RB this draft should be the least of their priorities. O-line #1, Linebackers #2 . That is what is pressing.
              Never go to battle with the intellectually unarmed.

Comment

It does not change the fact we took ball catchers and DBs in the last 3 drafts with our 1st pick . Not fxiing the line has directly influenced the direction of this team 30+ games of a held back potential.

IMO: taking a RB with the #2 pick , witnessing what Giants have been is a not conducive to fixing the problems. The line Needs to be stable first. Should be #1 priority . We have 2 backs under rookie contracts Gallmen and Perkins . We have 2 O-linemen under contract Flowers and Jerry. 1 Linebacker Goodson. Not in any scenario does it make sense to take a RB in the the #2 pick. The best thing to do is trade the pick and rebuild this roster with a lot of young talent. Adding a RB this draft should be the least of their priorities. O-line #1, Linebackers #2 . That is what is pressing.
                Iím for trading back because imo no OL is worth the 2nd pick. However history tells us that we donít move on the draft board. We stay put and take bpa. I hope with the new regime it changes we just have to wait and see. Now I personally would rather see them take Barkley over one of the qbs coming out.

Comment

Iím for trading back because imo no OL is worth the 2nd pick. However history tells us that we donít move on the draft board. We stay put and take bpa. I hope with the new regime it changes we just have to wait and see. Now I personally would rather see them take Barkley over one of the qbs coming out.
                  If that is the only option I agree.

Comment

If that is the only option I agree.
                    Good debate, itís nice talking about football with someone who doesnít resort to name calling because of a difference of opinion.

Comment

Good debate, itís nice talking about football with someone who doesnít resort to name calling because of a difference of opinion.
                      Only members with weak points use insults as a last resort. I try to refrain from name calling.

Comment

If your offensive line executes their blocking, Stevie Wonder can be the the RB.

Comment

Just curious, for the people agreeing with the OP about Barkley, what was your feeling when the Giants drafted David Wilson in the 1st?

Strangely, I don't remember this much love. In fact, some of you rationalized that drafting a RB in the first round was about the dumbest thing you could do, since RBs can be replaced easily.

Comment

You miss interpreted what I stated. They had their lines in place before they picked their RB. Not addressing it at the time of the pick or after the pick. Just saying use later round picks will fix the line issues is wishful thinking., Trading down acquiring picks that can address the needs will give better odds for success. The only thing a RB ensures is more of the same mind set. "Play makers above all else" One of the reasons we are 2-13.
                            Jax line was bad last year, they had their own bust starting. They picked fournette and then strengthened the line by getting lucky with Ram. We can do the same thing this year, get Barkley and then a lineman in the 2nd.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post

Jax line was bad last year, they had their own bust starting. They picked fournette and then strengthened the line by getting lucky with Ram. We can do the same thing this year, get Barkley and then a lineman in the 2nd.
                              We have no Center no RG no RT. Flowers Wheeler and Jerry under contract.. Just getting lucky with a guy is not the issue . We need basically an entire Offensive line . Lets talk about LBs We have 1 under contract and he sucks. Get blown back BJ is a lower tier LB. Just with these 2 issues along with the cap pig contracts we have. I just don't see how drafting a RB with the 2nd pick is a smart move. We Have Gallmen and PP under rookie contracts already.

Today we have 28 in cap space ( that can change) (DRC and Harris) I don't see how it is going to change by that much to free up space. Eli,JPP, OV, JJ and Snacks all are big cap hits with substantial guaranteed money left. I do not see how not trading down and acquiring Draft picks, loading up on cost effective young talent is not the quantitative solution.

Comment

Speed like Zeke. Hands like McCaffrey. Size like Marshawn. Extreme vision. A team leader, good influence off the field.

Just take him already please.

Comment

Working...
                                X