Please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GiantFromTheOz View Post
    Speed like Zeke. Hands like McCaffrey. Size like Marshawn. Extreme vision. A team leader, good influence off the field.

Just take him already please.
    He's faster than zeke. Those dump offs will be lethal.

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post

We have no Center no RG no RT. Flowers Wheeler and Jerry under contract.. Just getting lucky with a guy is not the issue . We need basically an entire Offensive line . Lets talk about LBs We have 1 under contract and he sucks. Get blown back BJ is a lower tier LB. Just with these 2 issues along with the cap pig contracts we have. I just don't see how drafting a RB with the 2nd pick is a smart move. We Have Gallmen and PP under rookie contracts already.

Today we have 28 in cap space ( that can change) (DRC and Harris) I don't see how it is going to change by that much to free up space. Eli,JPP, OV, JJ and Snacks all are big cap hits with substantial guaranteed money left. I do not see how not trading down and acquiring Draft picks, loading up on cost effective young talent is not the quantitative solution.

You make valid points but drafting on potential alone isnít going to fix our ol, we need to add via free agency as well. I would prefer we sign a top FA and then add pieces in the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by u2good View Post
        Just curious, for the people agreeing with the OP about Barkley, what was your feeling when the Giants drafted David Wilson in the 1st?

Strangely, I don't remember this much love. In fact, some of you rationalized that drafting a RB in the first round was about the dumbest thing you could do, since RBs can be replaced easily.
        David Wilson was a one dimensional player. Barkley is the NFL version of a five tool player. Can block, catch, excellent speed, great vision and can return kickoffs. Heís a complete player. Make no mistake Iím a huge fan of his.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfam04 View Post

You make valid points but drafting on potential alone isnít going to fix our ol, we need to add via free agency as well. I would prefer we sign a top FA and then add pieces in the draft.
          Agree 100%
          Never go to battle with the intellectually unarmed.

Comment

A runningback at the #2 pick, with this offensive line?

Comment

No matter the logic... you can"t pass on this kind of talent....you just can't...
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post

He's faster than zeke. Those dump offs will be lethal.
                Runs in the 4.3's apparently, that's a freak right there. He could prolong Eli's career and help the next one come along.

Comment

Originally posted by GiantFromTheOz View Post

Runs in the 4.3's apparently, that's a freak right there. He could prolong Eli's career and help the next one come along.
                  I suspect that's the reason many here don't want to draft Barkley.

Comment

I 100% want Barkley to be the pick....Him Odell and Engram and Shepard would be really good.....then they gotta get linemen in the draft layer rounnds and Free Agency
                    Last edited by StroSwift10NYG; 01-02-2018, 12:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post
                      I suspect that's the reason many here don't want to draft Barkley.
                      Which is disappointing unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfam04 View Post
                        Draft saquon Barkley
                        Yup. I would be fine with this.

Comment

Originally posted by StroSwift10NYG View Post
                          I 100% want Barkley to be the pick....Him Odell and Engram and Shepard would be really good.....then they gotta get linemen in the draft layer rounnds and Free Agency
                          Just need a decent line and an imaginative HC/OC.

Comment

Working...
                          X