RB or QB or Ol

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bluesbrother View Post
    with the luxury of a second pick and figuring Manning will be back and gallman possibly a solid runner what does gettlmen do?

Best available or Olineman?
    You don't waste the second over pick on OL. Grab as many OL as they feel the need to from round 2 and on but using the number 2 overall for one is just plain stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by bluesbrother View Post
      with the luxury of a second pick and figuring Manning will be back and gallman possibly a solid runner what does gettlmen do?

Best available or Olineman?
      tough call with Barkely hanging out there the top QBs don't look much better then the ones that will go late first early second.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post

QB. Unless you're confident that Eli can play 'til he's 46, you draft a QB with your once-in-a-generation #2 pick.
        Which QB though? Darnold looks awful, Rosen have mobility and injury concerns and Mayfield comes across like an immature punk. I would like to trade back and pick up Lamar Jackson.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post
          Elliot missed 6 games and the cowboys record was like 1-5. Prescott bad 5TDs, 7ints and 3of those 5 TDs were against the giants. Elliot is the most important person on that team. Since the cowboys like is so good and any rob can run behind it then why use atop 5 pick on a RB?
          No RB in today's NFL is worth a top 5 pick. Check the running stats before Elliot got there. Are you arguing that the Cowboys don't have the best line in football that has put up good running stats for the past 5 yrs? He is good but he is not winning them a championship. RBs don't win championships.

I'm sorry but this isn't disputed. There are much more important parts of a team then a RB that might touch the ball 30 times a game. Compared to a QB or OL that plays every single offensive snap. It's a numbers game. And you're numbers won't add up.

QB, OL, DE, CB, S are the foundations of any championship team.RB and WR are in that 2nd tier of "push you over the edge" players that you add to an already successful team.

Welcome to the NFL 2017 where you don't build championship teams around a RB or WR. They create fans, not rings.

Comment

Elliot missed 6 games and the cowboys record was like 1-5. Prescott bad 5TDs, 7ints and 3of those 5 TDs were against the giants. Elliot is the most important person on that team. Since the cowboys like is so good and any rob can run behind it then why use atop 5 pick on a RB?
            Weren't they like 3-3?

Comment

Originally posted by Cruzan 26 View Post

Which QB though? Darnold looks awful, Rosen have mobility and injury concerns and Mayfield comes across like an immature punk. I would like to trade back and pick up Lamar Jackson.
              If I had to pick today...I think I'd go with Josh Allen. I know he's not perfect, but...nobody is coming out of college.

Comment

Frankly, at No 2 the only player I am interested in is Barkley. We have Eli and he isn't getting cut/traded/benched with his cap numbers. Spend the next however many rounds grabbing BPA with edge going to OL.

I see endorsements for Lamar Jackson, I wouldn't waste a pick on him before the 3rd round. Great athlete, but he will need a lot of work at the next level.

Comment

Originally posted by compaqnigg View Post
                  You need an OL to make an RB. An RB doesn't make an OL look good. If they were to draft an OL the ONLY guy that is elite is Quenton Nelson. I've watched all the top OL prospects, he's the only one I was impressed with. I've got my opinions on the QBs too but I'll go a different route here and talk about OL.
                  I disagree Barry Sanders made his ol look great.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post

If I had to pick today...I think I'd go with Josh Allen. I know he's not perfect, but...nobody is coming out of college.
                    He needs a lot of work but clearly he has talent.

Comment

Originally posted by compaqnigg View Post
                      But you just proved my point. The offensive line makes them look better. Put Alfred Morris on the Giants and watch how his career quickly fizzles into nothingness. The offensive line elevates an RB. Just like how DeMarco Murray was on the Cowboys and had an INCREDIBLE 2014 season (1,845 yards rushing aka a HOF caliber season), then was traded to the Eagles to make a nice big contract. His stats downgraded by 1 yard per carry. Talk about a massive downgrade! But that example can be used for a lot of RBs. We could talk about the G.O.A.T: Ron Dayne in college football and talk about his career on the NY Giants. That ended his career very quickly without a good offensive line.
                      The system was to blame from Demarco Murray’s decline not his ol. Phily has a good ol

Comment

Originally posted by AGiantDynasty View Post

No RB in today's NFL is worth a top 5 pick. Check the running stats before Elliot got there. Are you arguing that the Cowboys don't have the best line in football that has put up good running stats for the past 5 yrs? He is good but he is not winning them a championship. RBs don't win championships.

I'm sorry but this isn't disputed. There are much more important parts of a team then a RB that might touch the ball 30 times a game. Compared to a QB or OL that plays every single offensive snap. It's a numbers game. And you're numbers won't add up.

QB, OL, DE, CB, S are the foundations of any championship team.RB and WR are in that 2nd tier of "push you over the edge" players that you add to an already successful team.

Welcome to the NFL 2017 where you don't build championship teams around a RB or WR. They create fans, not rings.
                        I did say they had a top oline but are the cowboys better with Morris or Elliot?

If we fix the oline and have a 1500+ yard rusher our offense will be championship caliber and will help us win time of possession which will help the defense. Cowboys won 13 games last year with dak prescott at qb because of their rushing attack.
                        There is no tackle worth a #2 overall pick. The guys to get are Rosen, Barkley or Chubb. I would go with Barkley so that we can punish the 2 deep safeties sets.
                        Last edited by DarkSaint; 12-31-2017, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfam04 View Post

The system was to blame from Demarco Murray’s decline not his ol. Phily has a good ol
                          The cowboys abused Murray his final year in Dallas. He was never the same after that.

Comment

The cowboys abused Murray his final year in Dallas. He was never the same after that.
                            Playing pretty well in Tennessee

Comment

With the #2 pick, if the Giants feel any of the QBs are going to be a franchise guy, they have to take him. If not, hopefully they can trade down for a bevy of picks.

Comment

Is there even a question? Were getting a QB

Comment

Working...
                                X