RB or QB or Ol

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post

Quentin Nelson is the best OL in this draft by far. McGlinchey is really good too. He athleticism is what hurts him and will possibly keep him from being a LT, but he will be a stud RT. His technique is fantastic. Billy Price is the other lineman I really like. I think those three will be very good players.

I think QB or trade back is our best options. Barkley would be awesome, but I think the value we can get for that 2nd pick might out weigh what he brings.
    That's a really good point

were we inclined, it wouldn't be Barkley vs the other qb candidates it would be Barkley vs the potential value in trading back.

would it be worth it to trade back get 2 or 3 more quality picks this year and 2 next year, potentially quickening the fixing of roster issues, or would the value Barkley play would bring be more enticing...

good thing is don't think there is really a bad option there.

Comment

I am not an expert like most here but it would seem logical to pick a QB and have competition with Eli, Webb and the rookie knowing that Eli will have to hang it up soon. 1-2 years and you better have a QB that can take over. Picking #2 along with Webb gives you a shot at the transition whether its this coming year or the following.
      sigpic

LT - Carson - Kelley - Van Pelt

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post

1rst and 2nd rounders haven't been the issue for Reese nor should it for any gm.

Avery moss Lmfao don't get me wrong I hope he turns out to be awesome...But you fail to realize how bad you have to reach to everyone else when u need to cite first rounder to say the gm is not bad.

get over it you were visually wrong on a topic for everyone to see. Same with the OL same with the qb play...Maybe take some humility and ACTUALLY get some smarts before trying to use this condescending wit that almost ALWAYS includes a logical fallacy or erroneous thought.

you don't fool anyone at least not me. You can articulate your claims well it doesn't mean your claims have merit. That's sort of your bag. You rather appear as this mental savant by way of condescending tone, instead of allowing the merits of your thoughts and the accuracy wherein to provide that itself.

like you really think people read your comments and go "wow!!" I swear the inflation on some of these egoes...The diff between you and i: I could care less whether one wants to consider me smart. I just want to share my genuine opinions and if 1 considers me smart awesome. You are like trying to appear as this godsend to giants forums...

I say all this and it fits because you actually believe Reese was a good gm the last 5 or 6 years....well unfortunately for you all quantifiable data says otherwise so...DEAL WITH IT. You realize you made these same types of comments concerning our OL right? Remember this gem:

well minny and Bradford are doing well. And we have an OL way better than theirs. Their OL makes ours look like Dallas OL. Guess Bradford is just the greatest qb of all time because eli needs excuses playing behind an OL so much better...

and the like. Quick question: if you were wrong like no other concerning our OL, and evidently our GM, what's that say for all of us in how we should consider your claims about qb play?
        Cool man.

All I said was JR's last draft was good. I glanced over your monologue and for some reason it looks like you start going on about the OL. Great.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
          Cgy just ask anyone here. Not even me.

ask them what they would believe of someone who claimed, as you did several times this year, that we actually had a good OL. You ACTUALLY maintained that a few times this year even like a few weeks ago you made a similar condescending claim to another and the intent was to highlight how w3 actually had a good OL.

well, just ask anyone even non giants fans, how they would view somebody claiming the giants have a good OL?

I cite that because you are doing the same thing with the GM.

5 of the last 6 years and I made a thread not too long ago where I analyzed Reeses tenure. More than half his tenure here, he put together teams with last ranked defenses AND not or, AND run games.
          compound that with his rosters 5 of the last like 7 years leading the league in Ir injuries.
          compound that with him literally having a significantly worse ratio on hit to miss on rd 3 on in the draft...

THATS a good GM?! You REALLY are gonna go the route where you try and appear like the smartest man in the room, why, for saying Reese was a good gm...ok. well. If not being credible in any way is your bag have at it. Just saying.

and btw you always seem to poof disappear when I rebuke your claims you never seem to want to actually discuss these claims but hey whatever happy New Year no joke on that I don't know you in real life you and I could very well be best of friends if we met as strangers...as a giants mb poster, not so much lol but different strokes different folks I guess. Take carw
          I never said we had a good OL. Nor did I ever say JR was right in his approach,.

The funny thing is in my post I wasn't even trying to sound condescending, just actually thought JR had a good draft and was realizing it with the success of Gallman, thats it...lol

To be fair I am a complete ******* most of the time so its all good.

At the end of the day we both want Giants to win, just have differing viewpoints on some individuals. If we all thought the same things this place would be boring.

Happy New year to you all Giants fans (including ones that think Eli remains a viable QB going forward )

Comment

I'm usually against drafting RBs early but I think Barkley has a star quality to him I haven't seen in my life at RB. Not just in the way he plays but what he would bring to a franchise. I think GMs will be all over him. The main thing I want to see at #2 is a top starter. If we can't get the right QB we really want I'd consider Barkley. What Gettleman will do I have no idea.
            I may not believe in a higher power but I believe in Elisha Nelson Manning.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post
              Gallman is legit, haven’t seen our RB get outside to the sidelines that quickly in years. We have a lot of options.
              Gettleman is not taking a QB with the first pick.
              He’s going to grab Barkley the RB.
              What he does after that is anyone’s guess....but he’s going RB with the first pick and that means Barkley!

"I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

Let's see what happens in FA before we get all worked up about the #2 pick.

Comment

What Barkley brings on the field is brilliant. What he brings off it is just as good. In a shed full of suspensions and immaturity, this guy is a leader. Future team captain wherever he goes, but I'd be proud to call him a Giant. The QB crop definetly has upside, but does it have HOF calibre players. The only one I reckon who is worth taking is LJ, simply because if he figures it out it'll be a heck of a journey. If we went defense, Minkah Fitzpatrick. But I think Roquan Smith will be the best defensive player outta this draft.

Comment

Originally posted by AGiantDynasty View Post
                    I laugh when people suggest a RB with a top 5 draft pick. Elliot is running behind the best fkn line in football. Just stop it.

Show me someone that values a RB over a OL and I'll show you a fan that has never stepped on a football field as a player or coach. It's that simple.

As​​k any player and coach in the hid tory of the game how you win superbowls. They will give 2 answers me then anything.

-Defense wins championships
                    -Games are won in the trenches.

All of you "stud rb or wr" people have no idea what you are talking about. RBs and WRs are luxuries. They don't win championships. This isn't fantasy football or video games. The trenches matter. Blocking matters. Tackling matters.

​Keep using Elliot as an example of what exactly? The Cowboys won't even make the damn playoff and youre acting like Elliot is their savior.

Maybe instead of drafting flashy RBS they should have drafted a defense. See how that works? Elliot has accounted for actual wins. He is a flashy luxury RB that will never be the reason they in a championship.
                    This is from a "OLD lineman".
                    I would take Barkley , without any hesitation .
                    Trade OBJ for a First & Third round pick this year and second & fourth next year .
                    Extra picks use on OL & LB !!

Comment

Originally posted by Eli_QB10 View Post
                      I know there is a first time for everything but USC has not exactly been a producer of great QBs...say no to Darnold
                      Statistics like that mean nothing to me, Every Player and Situation is different. Sanchez was really good for a whole bunch of years made it to the AFC championship two years in a row and he turned into a dependable back up helped The Cowboys make the playoffs a couple of years.

Comment

Originally posted by Diamondring View Post

You said some funny fairytale stuff.
                        I would say no O-Linemen is worth a top 5 pick to me that is a waste of a pick Running back I would take but not when we are in need of a young franchise QB.

Comment

I think people are getting thrown off by how good Eli did in his last game and he said he wants to stay a Giant. He is still on the decline and we still have to draft a QB even if Eli stays. Now you want to make a case a guy like J.T. Barrett will be available in the second round I could buy that but why chance it.

Comment

Statistics like that mean nothing to me, Every Player and Situation is different. Sanchez was really good for a whole bunch of years made it to the AFC championship two years in a row and he turned into a dependable back up helped The Cowboys make the playoffs a couple of years.
                            I'm not saying it's impossible for Darnold to be good just was staring facts but as far as Sanchez he was a serviceable backup nothing more

Comment

Originally posted by AGiantDynasty View Post
                              I laugh when people suggest a RB with a top 5 draft pick. Elliot is running behind the best fkn line in football. Just stop it.

Show me someone that values a RB over a OL and I'll show you a fan that has never stepped on a football field as a player or coach. It's that simple.

As​​k any player and coach in the hid tory of the game how you win superbowls. They will give 2 answers me then anything.

-Defense wins championships
                              -Games are won in the trenches.

All of you "stud rb or wr" people have no idea what you are talking about. RBs and WRs are luxuries. They don't win championships. This isn't fantasy football or video games. The trenches matter. Blocking matters. Tackling matters.

​Keep using Elliot as an example of what exactly? The Cowboys won't even make the damn playoff and youre acting like Elliot is their savior.

Maybe instead of drafting flashy RBS they should have drafted a defense. See how that works? Elliot has accounted for actual wins. He is a flashy luxury RB that will never be the reason they in a championship.

the "I want CJ Spiller" crowd returns. Never mind a 37 yr old QB or an OL which hasn't blocked for years. Let's go get a HB lol

Comment

Originally posted by compaqnigg View Post
                                You need an OL to make an RB. An RB doesn't make an OL look good. If they were to draft an OL the ONLY guy that is elite is Quenton Nelson. I've watched all the top OL prospects, he's the only one I was impressed with. I've got my opinions on the QBs too but I'll go a different route here and talk about OL.
                                Definitely agree that Nelson is far and away the best lineman. Honestly think hes the best prospect in the draft and will be perennial All Pro.
                                1. Ryan Ramcyzk, OT, Wisconsin
                                2. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vanderbilt
                                3. Dalvin Tomlinson, DT, Alabama
                                4. Samaje Perine, RB, Oklahoma

Comment

Working...
                                X