The choice is now clear. Trade back

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The choice is now clear. Trade back

The biggest thing that did this for me was the performance of Gallman, Wheeler, and Biz. Like many have said. With a solid run game you can get by with Eli at QB and I also really like Webb and, in an ideal world, he is the guy I want to lead the Giants in the future. With all the question marks on these QBs I think itís just better to continue the development of Webb.

Wheeler and Biz showed a lot more promise than Hart and Flowers ever did. Wheeler especially left me very impressed as is footwork and quickness out out of his stance is night and day compared to Flowers (although there was a camera shot of him standing next to Greco and itís obvious that he needs to hit the weight room hard in the offseason).

Gallman showed that he is the most dynamic running back the Giants have had since we had David Wilson. While Darkwa had the long run, Gallman consistently showed that ability to break tackles and make guys miss that our running game has been missing and, while he may not be Saquon Barkley, itís good enough for me to be ok with passing Barkley up.

what we need to do is trade back. Pick up some extra picks.
    Draft offensive lineman and come away with any two of Orlando Brown, Quentin Nelson, Billy Price, Frank Ragnow, Will Hernandez, Mike McGlinchey, Isaiah Wynn, Braden Smith, Maea Teuhema. Start building the o-line.

How can you say you "really like Webb" when you have never once seen him play in an NFL game?

Comment

If a QB who they have rated as a franchise QB is there at #2, it would be football malpractice of the highest order to pass on him.

Sorry

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Brown View Post
        How can you say you "really like Webb" when you have never once seen him play in an NFL game?
        I like what Iíve heard from players, coaches, the guy himself. I was at some of the training camps and he can really sling it. And I just like the way he carries himself and goes about his business. Heís a guy I can genuinely root for success.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
          If a QB who they have rated as a franchise QB is there at #2, it would be football malpractice of the highest order to pass on him.

Sorry
          Well duh. I doubt there finding that in this yearís crop.

Comment

Originally posted by GoDeep13 View Post

Well duh. I doubt there finding that in this yearís crop.
            ďWell duhĒ from a guy who canít spell ďtheyíre... classic

Comment

ďWell duhĒ from a guy who canít spell ďtheyíre... classic
              Damn. I didnít know I was being graded. Did that typo completely make my statement unreadable or was the stick up your *** just hitting the right spot?

Comment

Sorry
                Thatís pretty obvious no?

Comment

The biggest thing that did this for me was the performance of Gallman, Wheeler, and Biz. Like many have said. With a solid run game you can get by with Eli at QB and I also really like Webb and, in an ideal world, he is the guy I want to lead the Giants in the future. With all the question marks on these QBs I think itís just better to continue the development of Webb.

Wheeler and Biz showed a lot more promise than Hart and Flowers ever did. Wheeler especially left me very impressed as is footwork and quickness out out of his stance is night and day compared to Flowers (although there was a camera shot of him standing next to Greco and itís obvious that he needs to hit the weight room hard in the offseason).

Gallman showed that he is the most dynamic running back the Giants have had since we had David Wilson. While Darkwa had the long run, Gallman consistently showed that ability to break tackles and make guys miss that our running game has been missing and, while he may not be Saquon Barkley, itís good enough for me to be ok with passing Barkley up.

what we need to do is trade back. Pick up some extra picks.
                  Draft offensive lineman and come away with any two of Orlando Brown, Quentin Nelson, Billy Price, Frank Ragnow, Will Hernandez, Mike McGlinchey, Isaiah Wynn, Braden Smith, Maea Teuhema. Start building the o-line.
                  One game changed your mind?

Comment

Sorry
                    The only thing the GM needs to know . The contingencies are built around that.
                    Never go to battle with the intellectually unarmed.

Comment

Originally posted by DandyDon View Post

One game changed your mind?
                      It didnít change my mind. There were a couple of options. This game just pushed me more into one corner. That corner being build the o-line and develop Webb.

Comment

If Gettleman likes a QB at #2, Iím fine with it.

If thereís no QB we like and weíre offered a solid return for #2, trading back sounds absolutely beautiful. If we trade back to the middle of the 1st, we could be looking at Roquan Smith, Arden Key, Nelson, or a bevy of tackle prospects and then use our 2nd and the 2nd we pick up to draft interior offensive lineman or whatever else we so desire.

Comment

Damn. I didnít know I was being graded. Did that typo completely make my statement unreadable or was the stick up your *** just hitting the right spot?
                          Nope, just think itís funny when a poster calls someone stupid in a post that includes spelling and grammatical errors.

Comment

Not sure what you are talking about with Biz ... he is horrendous. Good chance heís not even on the team next year.

Comment

Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post
                              Thatís pretty obvious no?

One would think

Comment

Working...
                              X