The choice is now clear. Trade back

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

Nope, just think itís funny when a poster calls someone stupid in a post that includes spelling and grammatical errors.
    I didnít call you stupid though. You stated the obvious. If you want to go the route of ďimplied stupidnessĒ then you call me stupid first by thinking that statement was even needed.

yes. I would hope that if our GM saw one of those kids as the next Tom Brady that he wouldnít be an idiot and pass him up. All signs are pointing to that not being the case though.

Comment

Originally posted by GoDeep13 View Post

I didnít call you stupid though. You stated the obvious. If you want to go the route of ďimplied stupidnessĒ then you call me stupid first by thinking that statement was even needed.

yes. I would hope that if our GM saw one of those kids as the next Tom Brady that he wouldnít be an idiot and pass him up. All signs are pointing to that not being the case though.
      No worries dude. Happy New Year

Comment

I've been for trading down for quite a while. I'd love to see the Giants trade down and draft multiple QBs over the next couple years while keeping Eli. The history of drafting QBs shows more misses than hits with early picks. Later round picks are even less likely to hit but that is why I'd like to pick multiple QBs. If we trade down, we can rebuild the line and LBs with extra picks. Are there any QBs those of you who follow college would like to take in the mid first, early second or early 3rd round? Based only on what I've read, Lamar Jackson seems like he may be around as late as the early second. Again, based on reading only, he seems to be a raw talent that would benefit from a year or two of riding the bench. To my thinking, take him mid to late first, or early second, take another QB in Eli's last year in the first 3 rounds and see what happens between the three picks. If Webb seems to lack starting ability (mention him only because we have him already), draft a replacement immediately. In other words, keep throwing picks at the position until we find next franchise QB. Keep trading back to get extra picks to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by bringsimmsback View Post
          I've been for trading down for quite a while. I'd love to see the Giants trade down and draft multiple QBs over the next couple years while keeping Eli. The history of drafting QBs shows more misses than hits with early picks. Later round picks are even less likely to hit but that is why I'd like to pick multiple QBs. If we trade down, we can rebuild the line and LBs with extra picks. Are there any QBs those of you who follow college would like to take in the mid first, early second or early 3rd round? Based only on what I've read, Lamar Jackson seems like he may be around as late as the early second. Again, based on reading only, he seems to be a raw talent that would benefit from a year or two of riding the bench. To my thinking, take him mid to late first, or early second, take another QB in Eli's last year in the first 3 rounds and see what happens between the three picks. If Webb seems to lack starting ability (mention him only because we have him already), draft a replacement immediately. In other words, keep throwing picks at the position until we find next franchise QB. Keep trading back to get extra picks to do so.
          Mason Rudolph and Will Grier are two great later round QB prospects.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

No worries dude. Happy New Year
            Happy New Year Man! Letís all just pick one less fight this year huh lol

Comment

Happy New Year Man! Letís all just pick one less fight this year huh lol
              Deal!

Comment

Paul perkins looked good last year ...he is mediocre at best. As is darkwa as is gallman. And as for bis that was one game, an almost meaningless game with tons of injuries lets get real
                Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN

ďI wrote after the combine that Engram was entering the first-round discussion, and I've moved him above David Njoku as my second-ranked tight end. Ö He put up the best 40 time (4.42) among tight ends and the fourth-best vertical (36 inches) at the combine. At 6-3, 234, Engram had 65 catches for 925 yards and eight touchdowns in 2016.Ē

Comment

I agree but only the Browns have two picks I think. Iíd want two hight firsts this year for our #2, plus a second and next years first at least. I think Buffalo might have 2 picks in the 20ís (have to check board) but Iím not trading a #2 for those.

Ideally weíd be able to trade down, and get those picks above. With two first rounders we could draft say Darnold or Mayfield plus a top Olineman like Notre Dame G Quentin Nelson or OT Orlando Brown, and get another 2nd to pick another top graded lineman, corner or linebacker. Then in the 3rd we could pick a linebacker like USC Cameron Smith. The problem is not many teams have the picks to trade but several teams will be motivated to trade up for one of the top QBs.

If we like one of the QBs, even with Webb on board, we have to take hin. You want Darnold, Rosen or Mayfield to end up like Wentz and Goff and be the team that passed kn them like the Browns did on Wentz, Goff and Deshaun Watson?

We could use more picks but if the value isnít there, we donít do it. I think Philly had to trade their first, second and next years first (plus maybe more) to pick Wentz but had tradeable pieces that they parlayed into picks
                  somehow like trading Bradford, Alonso (IIRC) and Byton Maxwell who all had bad contracts. That is why they were able to stay competitive during their rebuild after chip Kelly guuted their roster of McCoy, Jackson, etc. We donít have pieces to trade.

Comment

Originally posted by flimflam View Post
                    I agree but only the Browns have two picks I think. Iíd want two hight firsts this year for our #2, plus a second and next years first at least. I think Buffalo might have 2 picks in the 20ís (have to check board) but Iím not trading a #2 for those.

Ideally weíd be able to trade down, and get those picks above. With two first rounders we could draft say Darnold or Mayfield plus a top Olineman like Notre Dame G Quentin Nelson or OT Orlando Brown, and get another 2nd to pick another top graded lineman, corner or linebacker. Then in the 3rd we could pick a linebacker like USC Cameron Smith. The problem is not many teams have the picks to trade but several teams will be motivated to trade up for one of the top QBs.

If we like one of the QBs, even with Webb on board, we have to take hin. You want Darnold, Rosen or Mayfield to end up like Wentz and Goff and be the team that passed kn them like the Browns did on Wentz, Goff and Deshaun Watson?

We could use more picks but if the value isnít there, we donít do it. I think Philly had to trade their first, second and next years first (plus maybe more) to pick Wentz but had tradeable pieces that they parlayed into picks
                    somehow like trading Bradford, Alonso (IIRC) and Byton Maxwell who all had bad contracts. That is why they were able to stay competitive during their rebuild after chip Kelly guuted their roster of McCoy, Jackson, etc. We donít have pieces to trade.
                    Say we trade with the Bills. The Bills have picks to trade they just arenít very high but they are high enough. We take Both 1sts and 2nds (They are mandatory for this to even be a conversation) and a 2018 1st and conditional 3rd.

1(22). Orlando Brown OT
                    1(26). Will Hernandez OG
                    2(34). Josh Allen LB
                    2(53). Jaire Alexander CB
                    2(60). Darius Leonard LB

we get two young stud OL men. 2 hyper athletic quick twitch LBs and a young ball hawk CB that can play inside or outside in man or zone and also return kicks.

Comment

Say we trade with the Bills. The Bills have picks to trade they just arenít very high but they are high enough. We take Both 1sts and 2nds (They are mandatory for this to even be a conversation) and a 2018 1st and conditional 3rd.
                      .1(22). Orlando Brown OT
                      1(26). Will Hernandez OG
                      2(34). Josh Allen LB
                      2(53). Jaire Alexander CB
                      2(60). Darius Leonard LB

we get two young stud OL men. 2 hyper athletic quick twitch LBs and a young ball hawk CB that can play inside or outside in man or zone and also return kicks.
                      I would spend one of those picks on a QB if any are around. I would take a "risky" selection of Lamar Jackson or Baker Mayfield. As I noted above, I only know what I've read but both these players are said to have high talent with questions. Jackson may need to pick up aspects of the game and Mayfield needs to mature (and may be too short in any case): both may benefit from being told they won't see the field for at least a year and that they have to beat out Webb first.

GoDeep suggested Mason Rudolph and Will Grier for the later rounds - I've never seen a team carry more then three QBs but I think I'd be willing to change that norm until we find our next franchise QB. If we're changing the norm anyway, let these 4th or 5th QBs earn their spot by playing special teams just like the 4th or 5th RB/WR/LB and DBs. I ultimately think this is less a risk than taking a QB at 2 with the high failure rate such high picks have at QB.

Comment

Working...
                      X