Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This Notion that We dont need a QB at # 2 ...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Notion that We dont need a QB at # 2 ...

Is Laughable Really come on now, Eli has two years left on his contract and may ask for a trade when he realizes he will be a baby sitter WHEN we draft a QB in the first round. This idea of going with Webb yea may be if we saw Webb start the last 4 games for us but alas It was not In the cards. Practice and real game action are totally different Things. Imagine The PR nightmare If we don't draft a QB in the first round, It would be like this nightmare,
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ing/108122834/
    We haven't drafted # 2 in the first round in 30 some odd years and in our teams history have only drafted # 2 twice in the first round and that includes this years draft. We cant pass the opportunity to get a # 1 QB at # 2 we just cant it would be stupid and we would be regretting it big time if Webb Is a Bust. As for # 1's being a bust the last # 1 pick we got was Eli through a trade but still and All I can say to that Is, ENOUGH SAID.

It's time to move on. Continuing with Eli is just another wasted year in the rebuilding process. This team is nowhere close to competing for a SB, so why waste another year with a QB that is closer to 40 than 30, and who makes tons of money. It's time for a youth movement.
    sigpic

Comment

They can probably get a QB in the second round who has the potential to be better than the top 2 on everyoneís chart.

Comment

Originally posted by The_ One View Post
        It's time to move on. Continuing with Eli is just another wasted year in the rebuilding process. This team is nowhere close to competing for a SB, so why waste another year with a QB that is closer to 40 than 30, and who makes tons of money. It's time for a youth movement.
        I totally Agree, Two teams that rebuilt, The Yankees and Knicks and now they are better teams then before the rebuild It happens to every team they get old and then Rebuild.

Comment

I'm just asking: So everyone here thinks Davis Webb is garbage?

Comment

Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post
            They can probably get a QB in the second round who has the potential to be better than the top 2 on everyoneís chart.
            We can get a QB at # 2 in the first round then second round and subsequent rounds we can get offensive line help. There Is also the trade rout in the draft say we draft Rosen or Darnold then trade up to get a second pick in the first round? There Is also free agency where we can find big pieces for O-line and defense. from what our new GM and Mara has said this wont be a full rebuild just a partial rebuild or retool we will bring in some vets through free agency. The Giants are taking a QB in the first round at # 2 get used to that idea or you will be greatly disappointed. How can anyone not get excited for taking Rosen or Darnold

Comment

Originally posted by Donnie Yen View Post

I totally Agree, Two teams that rebuilt, The Yankees and Knicks and now they are better teams then before the rebuild It happens to every team they get old and then Rebuild.
              Which one of the QBís coming out would you be willing to risk your future on? Put aside your Eli bias and answer the question seriously. This question also goes to The_One.
              Engage brain before speaking.

Comment

Originally posted by Snappinnecks View Post
                I'm just asking: So everyone here thinks Davis Webb is garbage?
                No I think we should keep Eli Make Webb the Back up and Redshirt Rosen or Darnold or If we trade Eli sign a veteran Placeholder and mentor and again our Backups are Webb and either Rosen or Darnold. The thing Is we don't even know if Webb is any good I am not going to pass on a # 1 talent at # 2 because Webb might be good. Look at The Redskins with RG3 and Cousins It was smart of them to draft two QB's wasn't it? Wouldn't It be nice to have
                Rosen or Darnold/Webb then if one don't work out the other might.

Comment

Why didnít you just post this in your other qb thread?

Comment

Originally posted by speedman View Post

Which one of the QBís coming out would you be willing to risk your future on? Put aside your Eli bias and answer the question seriously. This question also goes to The_One.
                    I love Eli no bias there. I was always an Eli Homer but I realize his career Is close to being over I am being realistic here. I even have an Eli Jersey It was my first ever Jersey I bought and I wore It proudly after Eli won the SB Out of The Two Darnold I think He has more upside just that he Is more of a project kind of like Eli was when we got him! Rosen wouldn't be a bad pick either I am a little nervous about his Injury thing with the concussions.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post
                      Why didnít you just post this in your other qb thread?
                      Good point I guess I just Forgot. By the way I love your Captain Kirk Avatar Long Live TOS!

Comment

The origninal series was awesome. How about you? Any new movies coming out with Donnie Yen?

Comment

Originally posted by Donnie Yen View Post

I love Eli no bias there. I was always an Eli Homer but I realize his career Is close to being over I am being realistic here. I even have an Eli Jersey It was my first ever Jersey I bought and I wore It proudly after Eli won the SB Out of The Two Darnold I think He has more upside just that he Is more of a project kind of like Eli was when we got him! Rosen wouldn't be a bad pick either I am a little nervous about his Injury thing with the concussions.
                          I apologize for thinking you had a bias against Eli. The question was a serious one though because I donít watch college football. Was trying to find out who guys think is the right one if they go QB with the pick.
                          Engage brain before speaking.

Comment

This has nothing to do with any Eli bias, Eli is closer to 40 than 30, get to grips with reality, this team is not anywhere near a SB level team, it's time FOR YOU TO MOVE ON. The last time this team won a SB was 8 years ago, and one playoff game "one and done" in the last 5 years.
                            sigpic

Comment

I think this is the question. I know it is early but the QBs in this draft aren't considered to be in the top 5 BPA. Friends I have who watch college ball think this year's crop of QBs are average - it just may not be the year to take a QB high in the draft. As I posted in another thread, trading down and taking a QB later is probably best. Is there a way to merge the topics, btw? A few threads seem to cover the same ground. If we can't trade down, I vote to go BPA from QB, DL, OL and DB. As much as I would love a great RB, I think #2 is too high.

Comment

Working...
                              X