Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This Notion that We dont need a QB at # 2 ...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The best thing about having such a high pick is all the options it provides. I would prefer we move out of this pick and get a kings ransom for it. However, trading on draft day isnít something we do often so if we stay at 2 I donít believe an qb other than Rosen is worth the pick. His concussion history scares me and his lack of size is also a concern, he only weighs 215. For a guy whoís 6Ď4 thatís skinny.

Comment

The last time the Giants picked in the Top 5 was in 2004 and they went looking for a QB and pulled off the Eli/Rivers trade. Fast forward to 2018 and some fans believe the Giants should bypass a QB at No. 2 despite the fact that Eli is about to turn 37 and isn't playing at a high level. The Giants need to hit the ground running looking for another franchise QB instead of wandering around for years trying to find one like they did during the time-span between Simms and Eli.
      One of these teams is not like the others

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kingcap88 View Post
        The last time the Giants picked in the Top 5 was in 2004 and they went looking for a QB and pulled off the Eli/Rivers trade. Fast forward to 2018 and some fans believe the Giants should bypass a QB at No. 2 despite the fact that Eli is about to turn 37 and isn't playing at a high level. The Giants need to hit the ground running looking for another franchise QB instead of wandering around for years trying to find one like they did during the time-span between Simms and Eli.
        I don't think it is an either/or situation: the team can be looking for Eli's replacement without using the #2 pick. Trading up out of early 2nd to take a QB in the late first is an option I haven't heard mentioned and I mention here only to point out that there are options because of the flexibility picking 2nd in every round offers.

I think it is realistic that Eli will play better than any QB we pick for the next two years. I say take those two years to spend multiple picks at the QB position - avoid reaching for a player but be willing to take a chance on players that don't fit the typical mold (Brees) or have limited NFL type of tape (Prescott). A few weeks ago, there were a few threads discussing how hit and miss picking a QB is even if using a top 5 pick - I say avoid this all together by assuming up front there will be misses and accelerate the process by spending more picks in a shorter time.

Comment

If one of Rosen or Darnold is available, sure. But if Darnold stays in school and Rosen goes to Cleveland, than I'd rather have B.Chubb or Barkley than force a pick on a QB like Mayfield or Allen

Comment

Originally posted by bringsimmsback View Post

I think this is the question. I know it is early but the QBs in this draft aren't considered to be in the top 5 BPA. Friends I have who watch college ball think this year's crop of QBs are average - it just may not be the year to take a QB high in the draft. As I posted in another thread, trading down and taking a QB later is probably best. Is there a way to merge the topics, btw? A few threads seem to cover the same ground. If we can't trade down, I vote to go BPA from QB, DL, OL and DB. As much as I would love a great RB, I think #2 is too high.
            There still way better then QB's who come out of round 2 and 3 and later. If you don't mind me asking what do your friends do for Jobs do they Work in some capacity In the NFL or Vegas odds makers?

Comment

Originally posted by The_ One View Post

This has nothing to do with any Eli bias, Eli is closer to 40 than 30, get to grips with reality, this team is not anywhere near a SB level team, it's time FOR YOU TO MOVE ON. The last time this team won a SB was 8 years ago, and one playoff game "one and done" in the last 5 years.
              Which QB would you take?
              Engage brain before speaking.

Comment

Originally posted by JimFassel69 View Post
                If one of Rosen or Darnold is available, sure. But if Darnold stays in school and Rosen goes to Cleveland, than I'd rather have B.Chubb or Barkley than force a pick on a QB like Mayfield or Allen
                That QB from Oklahoma or Lamar Jackson there are still other QB's worth taking. Did you guys see Lamar Jacksons Bowl Game the other day he looked pretty good, Better then Darnold in his bowl game. I do think Darnold will enter the draft. What about J.T. Barrett he was one of the winningest QB's in Ohio States History?

Comment

Originally posted by kingcap88 View Post
                  I agree, Plus does Eli want to play the part of babysitter for a young QB we draft Eli still probably gets traded goes to Jacksonville to win one more ring.

we can still bolster our O-line and defense in the draft and free agency just after we get a QB Lets see how creative our new GM can be after he gets our New franchise QB Reese wasn't exactly a master tactician he didn't pull off a lot of trades.

Comment

Originally posted by Donnie Yen View Post

That QB from Oklahoma or Lamar Jackson there are still other QB's worth taking. Did you guys see Lamar Jacksons Bowl Game the other day he looked pretty good, Better then Darnold in his bowl game. I do think Darnold will enter the draft. What about J.T. Barrett he was one of the winningest QB's in Ohio States History?
                    Is there another Lamar Jackson because the one that I know of was 13-31 with 4 INT's in his bowl game...

Comment

Originally posted by JimFassel69 View Post

Is there another Lamar Jackson because the one that I know of was 13-31 with 4 INT's in his bowl game...
                      well Louisville Scored 17 points USC scored 7 Which QB did better in your opinion? also were going to sit here and judge any kids future on one bowl game? what was Lamar's college career like especially the year he won the Heisman Trophy?

Comment

Originally posted by speedman View Post

Which QB would you take?
                        We already have a young QB, his name is Davis Webb.
                        sigpic

Comment

Is Laughable Really come on now, Eli has two years left on his contract and may ask for a trade when he realizes he will be a baby sitter WHEN we draft a QB in the first round. This idea of going with Webb yea may be if we saw Webb start the last 4 games for us but alas It was not In the cards. Practice and real game action are totally different Things. Imagine The PR nightmare If we don't draft a QB in the first round, It would be like this nightmare,
                          https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ing/108122834/
                          We haven't drafted # 2 in the first round in 30 some odd years and in our teams history have only drafted # 2 twice in the first round and that includes this years draft. We cant pass the opportunity to get a # 1 QB at # 2 we just cant it would be stupid and we would be regretting it big time if Webb Is a Bust. As for # 1's being a bust the last # 1 pick we got was Eli through a trade but still and All I can say to that Is, ENOUGH SAID.
                          I think most agree that we need to have a plan for the loss of Eli but taking Darnold or rosen with the 2 pick is going be a big mistake . Neither one of them is really worth that pick. I still feel with a pick like that you take a game changer like Barkley that you would never get with a later pick. Darnold and rosen are considered that high of a pick strickly by default .

Comment

Originally posted by Snappinnecks View Post
                            I'm just asking: So everyone here thinks Davis Webb is garbage?
                            No, absolutely not. He could very well end up an excellent starter and Eli's successor.

Comment

Is Laughable Really come on now, Eli has two years left on his contract and may ask for a trade when he realizes he will be a baby sitter WHEN we draft a QB in the first round. This idea of going with Webb yea may be if we saw Webb start the last 4 games for us but alas It was not In the cards. Practice and real game action are totally different Things. Imagine The PR nightmare If we don't draft a QB in the first round, It would be like this nightmare,
                              https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ing/108122834/
                              We haven't drafted # 2 in the first round in 30 some odd years and in our teams history have only drafted # 2 twice in the first round and that includes this years draft. We cant pass the opportunity to get a # 1 QB at # 2 we just cant it would be stupid and we would be regretting it big time if Webb Is a Bust. As for # 1's being a bust the last # 1 pick we got was Eli through a trade but still and All I can say to that Is, ENOUGH SAID.
                              Well if we look at the OB draft class there are question marks. We know we need to improve the OL so why not do that first plus we have not looked at Webb. If we grab a QB at 2 then we are saying Webb was a wasted 3rd round pick which just adds to the woes of the terrible drafting. We could wait and look at drafting a QB next year.

Comment

well Louisville Scored 17 points USC scored 7 Which QB did better in your opinion? also were going to sit here and judge any kids future on one bowl game? what was Lamar's college career like especially the year he won the Heisman Trophy?
                                Points are irrelevant in this cause. The Ohio St DL was all over Darnold all night. No resistance from USC's OL. Still, Darnold threw for well over 300 yards, made a couple of bad decisions but only 1 pick. Jackson had 4 int and well under 200 yards passing. Plus Miss St. has a decent defense, but they couldn't hold the Ohio St defenses jock strap. Schiano has those guys running disguised coverages and an NFL scheme and they have 7-8 NFL caliber starters.

Comment

Working...
                                X