Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you do If you were Gettlmen with the #2 pick?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you do If you were Gettlmen with the #2 pick?

I understand it is a moot subject. We don't have an HC and he is going to have some input after assessing the talent he was given.

Before you vote take these factors into consideration.

Today we have 28 in cap space ( that can change ) Restructure some contracts ( cut Harris and DRC)

Can you trade a 37 old QB with a 2 year 46 million dollar contract?

Can we trade one or both of our DEs that have trouble getting to the QB ? 1 with 30 in guaranteed money. The other with 40+

We have 3 Offensive linemen under contract Flowers Jerry and Wheeler.

We have 2 RB still under rookie contracts.

We have 1 LB under contract Goodson.

Free Agents

Shane Vereen *
    Keenan Robinson
    D.J. Fluker *
    Jonathan Casillas *
    Justin Pugh *
    Kerry Wynn *
    Weston Richburg *
    Geno Smith
    Ross Cockrell *
    Orleans Darkwa *
    Kelvin Sheppard
    John Greco
    Mark Herzlich
    Akeem Ayers
    Darryl Morris
    Nick Becton
    Tavarres King *
    Nat Berhe
    Devon Kennard *
    Brett Jones (Restricted Free Agent)*
    Bobby Hart (Released)*
    DRC?
    Harris?
    * (indicates Core player.)

23 potential roster spots to fill.

So far the Vibe on the MB is QB, RB or trade. The poll is in-line with that consensuses.

What is your thoughts?

Mine is; QB if not there get picks.
    QB
    16.67%
    RB
    16.67%
    Other Player
    4.76%
    Trade Up
    0%
    Trade Down
    47.62%
    If wanted QB is off the board trade down.
    14.29%
    The Dallas Cowboys have now gone exactly One Third of their pathetic existence without a Super bowl appearance.

your QB will be 37 and clearly (or not so clearly around here) on the downside. when will you get a #2 pick again? who knows. You dont pick a linemen at #2 even Gallery didnt live up to his potential as nfl ready as he was. ok so you can trade out and grab more picks ,

but that leads back to the first point, might not see a #2 pick in 10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Harooni View Post
      your QB will be 37 and clearly (or not so clearly around here) on the downside. when will you get a #2 pick again? who knows. You dont pick a linemen at #2 even Gallery didnt live up to his potential as nfl ready as he was. ok so you can trade out and grab more picks ,

All valid points.
      The Dallas Cowboys have now gone exactly One Third of their pathetic existence without a Super bowl appearance.

Comment

QB if they feel a franchise guy is there. Its not even close.

Comment

I just don't see that we have the information to even begin to guess at what happens. We tend to look at this through a microscope and say either Eli, Webb, or a new QB. Gettleman can't look at it like that. He's got to try to figure out how to get a much improved team talent wise on the field for next year. He has to look at that knowing his OL isn't good, his LB aren't good, his DE have underperformed, and his depth is horrendous. Not to mention his starting QB is 37 years old, and has not put points on the board for two years, and he's got some seriously injury prone players. My guess, and it's only a guess, is that we trade down, roll with Eli/Webb, get an OL in the first or high second round, and go BPA all the rest of the way. Without knowing anything about who's going to be coaching these guys, that's about the only reasonable scenario I can come up with.

Comment

Originally posted by NorwoodBlue View Post
            I just don't see that we have the information to even begin to guess at what happens. We tend to look at this through a microscope and say either Eli, Webb, or a new QB. Gettleman can't look at it like that. He's got to try to figure out how to get a much improved team talent wise on the field for next year. He has to look at that knowing his OL isn't good, his LB aren't good, his DE have underperformed, and his depth is horrendous. Not to mention his starting QB is 37 years old, and has not put points on the board for two years, and he's got some seriously injury prone players. My guess, and it's only a guess, is that we trade down, roll with Eli/Webb, get an OL in the first or high second round, and go BPA all the rest of the way. Without knowing anything about who's going to be coaching these guys, that's about the only reasonable scenario I can come up with.
            Good points and shows the difficulty of the options.

Comment

if we don't build an o line. we could be getting top 5 picks for years to come. but i agree. esp with the qb talent coming out this year. you gotta get the qb with the second pick. you just have to.

eli still here or not. doesn't matter. take a qb. then work on the rest. 2 years behind eli will be good for him. and that will give the giants time to build a decent offensive line, for ******'s sake. and get some linebackers with nfl talent while you're at it.

Comment

Anyone choosing the QB option should have to put a name up for evaluation. Anyone choosing a RB is obviously referring to Saquon. Let's not turn this into a "straw-man" franchise QB that no one needs to identify. Tell us who and why? What if, in the next 2 months, a determination is made that there is not a franchise QB worthy of a #2 to be had?
                Giants General Manager George Young recalls, "On his first day back, he wrote on our locker room chalkboard, 'The grass is greener, my butt. P. McConkey.' "

Comment

Originally posted by kissjrj View Post
                  Anyone choosing the QB option should have to put a name up for evaluation. Anyone choosing a RB is obviously referring to Saquon. Let's not turn this into a "straw-man" franchise QB that no one needs to identify. Tell us who and why? What if, in the next 2 months, a determination is made that there is not a franchise QB worthy of a #2 to be had?
                  I believe I covered that scenario with the last choice.
                  Last edited by TEM; 01-01-2018, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Eli to Denver, 3rd rd pick
                    beckham to Cleveland for the 5th overall pick and a 2nd rd pick
                    giants draft Mayfield, Barkley with the two ones and the best two offensive lineman in the second and go from there. I'm even happy with barkely and an offensive linemen but webb must be the guy.

mayfield, Barkley, engram and sterling is a great nucleus.

pick up Lber or db in the third round
                    I'm good with that.
                    Last edited by dmighty326; 01-01-2018, 12:06 PM.
                    That's why we discuss, We all have different perspectives. Ride and Die with the NY Giants

Comment

I understand where you're coming from but which QB is worth the second pick? I like Rosen and Jackson. Rosen injury history concerns me and I just don't see the Giants selecting Lamar Jackson at the second spot.
                      Last edited by Cruzan 26; 01-01-2018, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NorwoodBlue View Post
                        (http://walterfootball.com/draftchart.php)

I agree with you. Just looking at an estimation of what we can get for trading down to a QB needy team (Broncos) we could have...
                        RD1/PICK5 - RD2/PICK2 - RD2/PICK5 - RD3/PICK2 - RD3/PICK5 - etc

Those extra 2 picks would help to fill some of the holes on the team. (And they can still draft a QB, as long as they are not impressed with the top 3 QBs that might be drafted before the 5th overall pick.)

Comment

Keep darkwa, king and casillas.. Let the rest walk... Draft either the best o lineman in the draft or the best pass rusher in the draft... Webb's upside is much steeper then the gino torreta of this draft baker Mayfield .. Trade out of the 2 pick to 7 or 8 and draft Quinton nelson of notre dame.. Don't take a guard with the 2 pick in the draft. He will be there at 7

Comment

So far it is trade down.

Comment

I hope they trade back just to see you freak out ;-P

Comment

Working...
                              X