Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade Down Advocates: Looks like the Broncos at #5 is an option

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...de-qb-position

He wants a QB and states it's their Number 1 priority!

Perfect ! A dream come true a team not in the back end of the draft wants to come up. The 5th pick and at least an extra draft pick or 2 in the first 2 rds. We could still get Allen at #5 as of right now plus the added pick or picks. That would be great imo.

But why move ? There is still going to be 2-3 QB's at #5. Unless he already has his mind made up that he wants 1 of the 2 California guys. We'll see the draft still is 4 months away after FA. Heck he could go get Cousins and not give up anything. Or ask to speak to Eli for that matter. Try and catch lightning in the bottle again with another Manning.

Comment

It would take next year's one and at least another pick to move up from 5 to 1.

Comment

i would rather trade down to 4 with the Browns and get the Texans second round pick and a first next year.

Comment

I think Denver goes after Cousins. I think the trade down teams are as follows:

Cleveland at 4 if they take a QB 1 and want Barkley as well
          Jets
          Tampa Bay - Not for a QB but for Bradley Chubb. They badly need a pass rusher and I think the Colts will take Chubb
          Cardinals - Far drop
          Bills - Far drop but have 2 1's

Comment

Denver is the team I picked as our most likely trade partner. I doubt we trade with the Jets and risk seeing some stud QB they took in our newspaper for the next decade. Everyone else starts to get far away.

I think we could easily get their 1st, 2nd and 4th this year plus a 1st (maybe reaching) or 2nd (easily) next year.
            LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
            "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Originally posted by Elidagoat713 View Post
              i would rather trade down to 4 with the Browns and get the Texans second round pick and a first next year.
              I agree, this would make sense. I think Browns will do it also for Barkley then we will still be ahead of Denver to take a QB we want

Comment

Better be for like (3) firsts like the RGIII deal
                Or they can take their chances at 5

Comment

Chad The Swag Kelly!

Comment

Allen or another QB has to rise to the top for this to work now. Darnold looks like he's staying in school....

Comment

I would only give up our #2 this year is we got two firsts this year, a second and another first next year. That would mean a team would have to have two firsts this year which are only the Browns and Bills. The Browns have 1 & 4, and the Bills are in the 20s which would make it cost even more. Id ask for their third rounder too if we traded the #2 for two low first rounders in the 20s.

So the haul would be the Bills #22, #24, a second and third, and next years first. I think that would be about right. Moving up costs. Even then, its risky. Id hope we could still grab Mayfield if Darnold returns to school, a top guard or tackle or two, and a linebacker with those picks. Were in the drivers seat. We, like several other teams need a young QB, however there are going to be a lot of good QBs available in free agency like never before. We could sign Keenum or Bridgewater, for example, and address the Oline and linebacker positions with our top picks.

going to be a very, very interesting offseason.

Comment

Working...
                      X