Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Darnold reported to be staying in college

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    The 2nd pick has more value now, thanks Sam.

    Comment


    • #17
      Good, I donít want Darnold anywhere near this team.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by mrmeng View Post
        Good, I donít want Darnold anywhere near this team.
        And I don't want Rosen anywhere near this team. He is a walking injury, a bad teammate and plays in balmy southern California. So where does it leave the Giants #2 pick. Barkley? Well the argument can be made that the RB's on the roster currently are young, talented and sufficient enough and will be even better with an improved O-line (unless they plan on letting both Vereen and Darkwa walk/be cut, then I am all for Barkley). So that sounds like a waste of a pick for the Giants if they keep Darkwa because as good as Barkley looks, how it translates to the NFL is always a concern with RB's.

        There is also QB Josh Allen too but is #2 too high for him and would he be available beyond #5 if the Giants want to trade down? A lot of mocks have Connor Williams as the best OT in the draft and perhaps going to the Colts at 3. If he is overrated then what is left? I think at that point you have to trade down to someone who is a sucker for Rosen, if Cleveland doesn't pick him now that Darnold may not come out, or Connor Williams. If they go that route they darn well better get two first round picks this year, one 1st next year and perhaps more picks in the next highest rounds this year and/or next year.
        Last edited by repeatchamps; 01-03-2018, 02:56 PM.
        Over 7000 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

        Comment


        • #19
          Rosen scares the crap out of me, he might make us a circus for a long time saying crazy stuff.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by shocknaweny View Post

            Barkley is a generational talent
            Can still build Oline with 2nd and 3rd round picks and through FA
            Yup 100% just gotta get some linemen.... kid will be worth it when it is all said and done..Barkley and Odell can feed of each other for years

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by NYSPORTS View Post

              How can there be a Generational talent every year when a Generational talent is only one player for a Generation?
              If you like a guy, then he's a generational talent.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by jay051 View Post
                You guys really think its worth drafting Barkley with the number 2 pick?? Remember Zeke went to a team that already had the best oline in football.
                Go look up the best RBs in NFL history and see when they were picked. RB at #2 is ok. I would prefer to trade back to 5 and take the chance of still getting Barkley if he somehow slipped past the other guys. But if we just took Barkley at #2 I would be very happy with him ODB, Engram, Shep. Man that is some scary talent on O.
                LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                "Next man up"

                "I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

                Comment


                • #23
                  Would the Browns take Saquon?
                  Giants General Manager George Young recalls, "On his first day back, he wrote on our locker room chalkboard, 'The grass is greener, my butt. P. McConkey.' "

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post

                    If you like a guy, then he's a generational talent.

                    lol - we've had more Generational talents over the past 4 years than we've had since the NFL came to be. Of course, none of the changed the game like Taylor but they're all Generational talents.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by NYSPORTS View Post


                      lol - we've had more Generational talents over the past 4 years than we've had since the NFL came to be. Of course, none of the changed the game like Taylor but they're all Generational talents.
                      Penn State's produced a long line of generational running backs...Blair Thomas, Ki-Jana Carter, and Curtis Enis, to name a few.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post

                        Penn State's produced a long line of generational running backs...Blair Thomas, Ki-Jana Carter, and Curtis Enis, to name a few.
                        Good point and I forgot. Might as well draft his back up before his ACL is hanging out of his pants. Not that he's a Generational player but makes me wonder if I want Darnold who looks like the next coming of Sanchez. He's played like crap at times but according to reports Darnold has "it". Whatever the F "it" is.

                        Going to be a long offseason lol

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by NYSPORTS View Post

                          Good point and I forgot. Might as well draft his back up before his ACL is hanging out of his pants. Not that he's a Generational player but makes me wonder if I want Darnold who looks like the next coming of Sanchez. He's played like crap at times but according to reports Darnold has "it". Whatever the F "it" is.

                          Going to be a long offseason lol
                          I prefer Josh Allen. Generational QB.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
                            Go look up the best RBs in NFL history and see when they were picked. RB at #2 is ok. I would prefer to trade back to 5 and take the chance of still getting Barkley if he somehow slipped past the other guys. But if we just took Barkley at #2 I would be very happy with him ODB, Engram, Shep. Man that is some scary talent on O.
                            I dont mind the Barkley pick but like you I would rather trade down and get him if he's still there

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by kissjrj View Post
                              Would the Browns take Saquon?
                              If not the first pick definitely with the #4

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by BIG_Blue_87 View Post
                                I will be pissed if we draft Rosen >:c
                                +1

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X