Darnold reported to be staying in college

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TE88 View Post

Barkley is potentially Todd Gurley level. Ask the Rams if they feel stupid for drafting a RB before OL.

panicking for need is the absolute worst thing you can do in the draft. As Gettleman said you do not want to be in the draft shopping hungry.
    Don't doubt that but it can be very reasonably argued that, that pick of Gurley only came to full fruition once they put a quality o-line infront of him. So yes sure take the stud RB but learn from the rams and understand you will have to put quality on the line.

Comment

Obviously. He was terrible this year. Good choice. Maybe he can look better next year.

Comment

If you guys are paying attention to Gettleman, its going to be OL or DL.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
          Like how he drafted a 3rd down back at 8th overall? Notice how much he has been talking about getting good OL FAs? hmmmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by jay051 View Post
            You guys really think its worth drafting Barkley with the number 2 pick?? Remember Zeke went to a team that already had the best oline in football.
            Barkley is better than Zeke in every aspect of a RB

Comment

Originally posted by TE88 View Post

Like how he drafted a 3rd down back at 8th overall? Notice how much he has been talking about getting good OL FAs? hmmmmmm
              I want Nate Solder soooo bad. And Billy Price in the second.

Solder - whoever/Pugh - Price - Fluker - Wheeler/Hart/Flowers/Pugh

I don't think they will have the room to get both Pugh and Solder, though. I'd go for Solder any day over Pugh.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                No way on the DL. I just can't see it happening. I really think it is either QB, OL, or RB. That's it. You want a high draft pick to be a high impact player. If you draft a DL he's going to be a sub since you have JPP and Vernon starting. Just not great use of personnel imo. We were a top 5 defense in football in 2016 and we had JPP and Vernon starting.

Comment

Originally posted by repeatchamps View Post

And I don't want Rosen anywhere near this team. He is a walking injury, a bad teammate and plays in balmy southern California. So where does it leave the Giants #2 pick. Barkley? Well the argument can be made that the RB's on the roster currently are young, talented and sufficient enough and will be even better with an improved O-line (unless they plan on letting both Vereen and Darkwa walk/be cut, then I am all for Barkley). So that sounds like a waste of a pick for the Giants if they keep Darkwa because as good as Barkley looks, how it translates to the NFL is always a concern with RB's.

There is also QB Josh Allen too but is #2 too high for him and would he be available beyond #5 if the Giants want to trade down? A lot of mocks have Connor Williams as the best OT in the draft and perhaps going to the Colts at 3. If he is overrated then what is left? I think at that point you have to trade down to someone who is a sucker for Rosen, if Cleveland doesn't pick him now that Darnold may not come out, or Connor Williams. If they go that route they darn well better get two first round picks this year, one 1st next year and perhaps more picks in the next highest rounds this year and/or next year.
                  Iím not a big Rosen fan either but Iíd rather take my chances with him over Darnold. I donít like either one of them. I wouldnít mind trading down to take a shot with Allen but he was out for injuries as well. Not a big fan of picking up a RB that early in the draft. Unfortunately I donít feel strong about any of our potential picks. I firmly believe we need a qb and obviously the #2 pick might be as good as it gets but the options arenít great. I really donít have an answer.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Red22 View Post

Except statistically, both personal and team wise.

I think he can be a great back, but lets not put the cart ahead of the horse here.

Comment

Originally posted by compaqnigg View Post
                      No way on the DL. I just can't see it happening. I really think it is either QB, OL, or RB. That's it. You want a high draft pick to be a high impact player. If you draft a DL he's going to be a sub since you have JPP and Vernon starting. Just not great use of personnel imo. We were a top 5 defense in football in 2016 and we had JPP and Vernon starting.
                      Chubb could be another healthy JPP. It would add to our rotation and create the beginning of the formula we used to take out the best offense in NFL history in the SB. There is no question we need another pass rusher.

Comment

Sam Darnold has declared for 2018 NFL draft.

Comment

Comment

Well that makes things more interesting! I think this is good news for us. Gives us even more flexibility if we do want to trade down.
                            NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
                            Garrett Bolles - OT
                            David Njoku - TE
                            Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

Cowherd lol.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Red22 View Post

Is not

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...1/gamelog/2017

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...1/gamelog/2015
                                Never go to battle with the intellectually unarmed.

Comment

Working...
                                X