No announcement yet.

Darnold and Rosen declare for draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It so funny how so many are 100% sure we are getting a QB, and so many are guaranteeing that this QB class is awful and no QB is worth the #2 pick.

None of you, or me, know for sure. Rosen could be the next Rodgers or something. Barkley could be a bust for all we know. Or Rosen could suck and Barkley could be the next Elliot. No one knows. Hell, if Brown is the next Tyron Smith, maybe thats the way to go. The draft is ALWAYS filled with surprises.

Either way, its going to be exciting and nerve racking as hell come April.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

Not sure how the draft will go at the top because I suspect the supposed rankings of those QB's will change before April.
      I have said all along that Mayfield may move up over the next several months but we shall see. Not sure but I also suspect that Rosen might fall.
      All of these QBís coming out virtually eliminates any chance that we would take Barkley at 2. If we
      don Ďt like a QB at 2, we will trade back and get a kingís ransom for the pick.

Comment

Darnold with the 2nd.

Sit him 2 years behind Eli. Once Manning retires, the kid will be special.

Imo qb who sit behind championship veteran qb and learn the art become highly succesful.

Rodgers, Jimmy Garap etc.

Darnold. Sit him 2 years. Hall of famer.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeq6722 View Post

As someone pointed out in other thread, no one on this coaching staff or our GM will have seen Davis Webb play and I highly doubt they hitch their jobs to someone theyve never seen play.
          They have seen Davis play just as much as any of the rookie coming out of college. Watch his college footage and compare that to the draftees

The big difference, Davis has already been in the NFL for a year sitting behind Eli learning. he's got to be Head and Shoulders better in some capacity than these rookies coming out of college
          Last edited by dmighty326; 01-03-2018, 09:32 PM.
          That's why we discuss, We all have different perspectives. Ride and Die with the NY Giants

Comment

Originally posted by BIG_Blue_87 View Post
            Darnold with the 2nd.

Sit him 2 years behind Eli. Once Manning retires, the kid will be special.

Imo qb who sit behind championship veteran qb and learn the art become highly succesful.

Rodgers, Jimmy Garap etc.

Darnold. Sit him 2 years. Hall of famer.
            Lol ...well then, webb just needs one more year
            That's why we discuss, We all have different perspectives. Ride and Die with the NY Giants

Comment

This is great news. Hopefully Cleveland takes Rosen, and my hunch is that they will end up taking him. We have to take Darnold. He has had an up and down year but I look at that as a positive. The kid fought adversity and played well. He needs to clean up some things but he has all the tools and the intangibles you look for: competitor, leadership, and love of the game. It would be perfect for him to learn under Eli a year and then transition to him aftwr Eliís guaranteed 2018 money is done ala Favre to Rodgers. Rosen is talented but weak intangibles and a me first player-no thanks.

Iíd also consider Mayfield at #2. You donít pass on a QB you think might be a franchise QB. Mayfield has been overlooked at every level: high school, college, and at every stop of the multiple schools he went to. Many teams will oass on him and make the same mistake. Case Keenum is about the same build and look at what he did. If we go to an old school Gettlman smash mouth football team like old Giants teams and currently like the Vikings; running the ball, big and nasty Oline, and stiut defense, then Mayfield might be the perfect QB to be under center for us. Heís a fiery competitor, tough leader and intense player. I think he can be a very succesful NFL QB.

The other guys either have bust written all over them or are projects. Allen is probably the most intruiging outside of Darnold, Mayfield and Rosen. However, he is as raw as they come and I think his ceiling is Joe Flacco at best. It takes more than good height and a golden arm. It is a difficult and cerebral position which is why is it so hard to project. Allen had below 60% comlletion % and 1800 yards; nit exactly the stuff of legend. His accuracy and abulity to process through progressions is questionable which what separates rhe biys from the men. Itíll take 2-3 years of him learning behind an eatablished starter to groom him.

Iíll say it again as Ive said in other threads. If you miss on a QB, it can set you back years. Eli is 37 and even with Webb, we need to find a QB. I dont know how you pass on Darnold when talents like him on appear every few drafts and we rarely pick second. Now, if we can trade back and pretty much know we can get say Mayfield and extra picks to grab a top Olineman and a linebacker, then you do it. However it is risky. Donít trade back just to trade back. If he is your guy, you pick him. Stay true to your board. I havenít looked at the 2019 NFL draft QB prospects but IIRC it is not nearly as loaded. You can what? Maybe expect 2 or 3 if your lucky NFL QBs from a draft and that is maybe 1-2 starters and a backup most likely. 2004 was considered a good QB draft and that yielded Eli, Big Ben and Rivers.

Weíve taken Eli for granted for nearly a decade and a half. Some donít remember the Dave Brown, Kent Graham, amd Danny Kannel years where we gor lucky with a ressurected Kerry Collins a few years. Without a QB, youíll be like the Jets. New QBs every year and wasting picks nearly every year on a QB at the expense of other positions.

It wasnít worth the terrible year but with a QB heavy draft it is quite auspicious that we got the second pick while going out on a good note with a solid win on the last day of the season. We rarely pick this high, and passing on Darnold or Mayfield could hurt us for years.

This is going to be a huge offseason for us, and luckiky we have the right man for the job: Dave Gettleman. We now know Reese coddled his picks, overlooked their makeup, enabled them, made excuses for them, and didnít hold them accountable. Finally it feels like the cloud has been lifted from our team and good things are ahead.

Weíll finally have a team and not just players. Somehow clowns like Hart, Flowers, Damontre Moore, Eli Apple, Marvin Austin, and Oddigy got over on our management and convinced them they were hard workers, high motor players and high character guys when they were just paycheck cashers getting by on raw talent. Takes a lot of work beyond ability. For a team that prides itself on tough bacground chechk, due diligence and wanting high character guys and leaders, it sure missed on a lot of players with questionable character.

Comment

I love Mayfield, but having said that, I donít think Iíve seen him Ďunder centerí for more than a few snaps and Iíve watched several of their games.

Comment

Originally posted by dmighty326 View Post

Lol ...well then, webb just needs one more year
                  Honestly? He might be better than all 5 of this year's touted prospects.

He will have his chance in camp and preseason. If we draft a qb at 2nd and still have Eli but Webb ends up being better than both, then so be it. That would be phenomenal. There are worse things for a team to deal with.

Comment

Mayfiled is going to be a bust, want no part of him, hes not really fast, he will get eaten up in NFL with that speed, not a great thrower and just really short.

Comment

No way I see Mara giving the OK for Mayfield.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

All of these QBís coming out virtually eliminates any chance that we would take Barkley at 2. If we
                        don Ďt like a QB at 2, we will trade back and get a kingís ransom for the pick.
                        It's a good point. Having said that I think we will use that pick to draft a QB.
                        It's not Eli's fault....It's the chemtrails!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PRGiant View Post
                          No way I see Mara giving the OK for Mayfield.
                          I love Mayfield. he would be a blast here in NY.
                          Talent wise I see a cross of Favre and Brees. He's a great leader as well....and makes plays. The extra curricular stuff is a distraction. Kids grow up.
                          It's not Eli's fault....It's the chemtrails!!!!

Comment

All the QB's have flaws, but I see 4 going top ten. The Giants will take one, as they should. Only one QB I would be totally bummed if we take, and that's Rosen. IMHO, he has bust all over, from a double tap headshot this year, to a sore shoulder to all sorts of personality defects. I'm a big Baker Mayfield fan, but can see him as a bust as well as a star. You know the Giants HAVE to take a QB in this position, but it's hard to deny the fact of the deep offensive line draft, and packaging a bunch of picks as we are literally without a line. Brett Jones and? If the Giants don't invest in almost every pick on offensive line, we might have a Carr situation. BTW, my favorite player in this years draft? No, not the fantasy type Barkley....but the best tape I have ever seen on an offensive linemen....Quenton Nelson. I also see 4 OT's going top 15....could see 3 top 10. This was the year for a 32 year old Manning and a trade back....OL fixed.
                            Violence of action means the unrestricted use of speed, strength, surprise, and aggression to achieve total dominance against your enemy.

Comment

Image result for baker mayfield gif

hahaha...Ur next franchise QB
                              Long Live the King

Comment

Possible flaw....
                                Violence of action means the unrestricted use of speed, strength, surprise, and aggression to achieve total dominance against your enemy.

Comment

Working...
                                X