Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You want a QB #2?? Watch this then change your mind.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

I don't get this "tool" thing. There are actually many very useful tools. I use my power drill all the time and I would be lost without it.
    The entire movie "2001 A Space Odyssey" is about how humans use and abuse their tools.

"Tools" are getting a bad rap on the Giants MB.

Comment

• Originally posted by moosedrool View Post

So you are completely ignoring all other important factors like game flow, injuries, weather, penalties, and dumb it down to one player? OK.

Why not watch tape and see who is a difference maker and who isn't. That's what you need when picking inside the top 10. Something Reese was incapable of. Barkley is a difference maker.
      The tape I saw was impressive, like all highlight tapes. I admit, he has scary speed, great instincts and he made a lot of college defensive players look like fools. On the other hand, most college defenses stink, which is why you get bowl games where the over ends up 100 points +.

My bet is there is zero chance Gettleman picks a RB at #2 this year. I'm open to any odds or bets.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post
        Maybe when he called you a tool he meant that he thought you were as smart as Stanley Kubrick.
        It's not Eli's fault....It's the chemtrails!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by DandyDon View Post

The tape I saw was impressive, like all highlight tapes. I admit, he has scary speed, great instincts and he made a lot of college defensive players look like fools. On the other hand, most college defenses stink, which is why you get bowl games where the over ends up 100 points +.

My bet is there is zero chance Gettleman picks a RB at #2 this year. I'm open to any odds or bets.
          Don....Did you see him making guys miss in heavy traffic inside the tackles? That's what Elliott (who is a *******) does. I see him in open field look like a star. But in the NFL, you need to be effective running through tiny holes.
          That's my concern about Barkley. Not as an NFL back. But as the #2 player taken in the draft.

Comment

• Originally posted by DandyDon View Post

It's not just about his breakaway speed and elusiveness. Barkley is NFL ready from game one. A three down back, can pass protect and has great hands. A stout lower body for durability. Very rare.

Comment

Maybe when he called you a tool he meant that he thought you were as smart as Stanley Kubrick.
              And you criticize my sense of humor with this attempt at humor?

Comment

And you criticize my sense of humor with this attempt at humor?
                Hey I'm trying to throw my friend Pinstripes a bone here.
                Morehead is a creature of love.

......and I didn't criticize your sense of humor, I just made note of it's absence.
                Last edited by Morehead State; 01-03-2018, 11:05 PM.

Comment

• If the Browns are smart (and everyone knows they aren't) they take Barkley with the #1 and take their qb at #4. I hope that's not what happens. I don't like Rosen or Darnold and would rather snag Barkley with the second pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by jparmer View Post
                    If the Browns are smart (and everyone knows they aren't) they take Barkley with the #1 and take their qb at #4. I hope that's not what happens. I don't like Rosen or Darnold and would rather snag Barkley with the second pick.
                    There is a new sheriff in Cleveland. Throw everything they've done before out the window.

Comment

• I don't see any wiggle....
                      Violence of action means the unrestricted use of speed, strength, surprise, and aggression to achieve total dominance against your enemy.

Comment

• Originally posted by giantsfam04 View Post

Dude Iím sorry but Ron Dayne was a one trick pony coming out of college. He couldnít catch or run a route, tree, couldnít block had no break away speed. He was a product of a Wisconsin system that was it. He canít sniff this dudes jock
                        Following is a comparison of Ron Dayne's first three years at Wisconsin vs. Saquon Barkley's three years at Penn State:

Player G Att Yds Avg TD
                        Ron Dayne 35 883 5091 5.8 51
                        Saquon Barkley 38 671 3843 5.7 43

Eerily similar.

Comment

Following is a comparison of Ron Dayne's first three years at Wisconsin vs. Saquon Barkley's three years at Penn State:

Player G Att Yds Avg TD

Eerily similar.
                          Not even close to being a similar player again Dayne was one dimensional.

Comment

Player G Att Yds Avg TD
                            Eerily similar.
                            Ed Marinaro. 918 carries. 4715 yards. 5.1 YPC. 50 TD's.

This is fun......

Comment

It's not just about his breakaway speed and elusiveness. Barkley is NFL ready from game one. A three down back, can pass protect and has great hands. A stout lower body for durability. Very rare.
                              I didnt see any pass protection in the vids provided, or maybe I just didnt watch long enough. And I dont doubt he is an incredible athlete, but the last RB drafted even close to that high was trent richardson. Remember him?

I would bet my house that after watching his film, Gettleman is not picking a RB at #2 this year. Want to bet?

Comment

Ed Marinaro. 918 carries. 4715 yards. 5.1 YPC. 50 TD's.
                                I'm not gay or anything, but...Ed Marinaro was a lot better-looking guy, too.

This is fun......
                                Yeah...facts are fun, aren't they?

Comment

Working...
                                X