Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You want a QB #2?? Watch this then change your mind.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post

The Cowboys were 6-4 this year with Zeke. 3-3 without.

Not exactly night and day.
    Good thing Barkley is a better RB than Zeke in every area.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

And including Dilfer may be technically correct but stands against the spirit of your argument.

I'll always remember the rant that Mel Kuiper went on when the Colts passed on Dilfer when he claimed that Jim Harbaiugh was a terrible QB and this is why the Colts always pick so high in the draft.
      Then Jim Harbaugh went on to be the MVP of the league the very next season.
      Well, people are talking percentages and if you just look at the numbers, you have to put him in there. It's all a crap shoot but I'm in the camp were you have to take a QB until you hit. It's tough passing on them.

Comment

As I said...I said the same thing about David Wilson when he was here. I think I was right. I admit that Barkley is more elusive than Wilson but they are actually pretty similar backs. Barckley is a little bigger but their running style is similar.
        And they are both GREAT at breaking the tackles of small school players and running through huge holes.
        I try to be open minded about you. But comparing Wilson to Barkely? Seriously?? Dude, c'mon.
        Just when I don't think it can get any worse, I think of you Ray. I have been to the abyss....thank you for helping me stay positive.

Comment

As I said...I said the same thing about David Wilson when he was here. I think I was right. I admit that Barkley is more elusive than Wilson but they are actually pretty similar backs. Barckley is a little bigger but their running style is similar.
          And they are both GREAT at breaking the tackles of small school players and running through huge holes.
          Barkley similar to Wilson? Please, just stop posting here. You have no idea what you are talking about.

Comment

• AND THEN HE RAN INTO NFL DEFENSE AND **** GOT REAL. NOW ABOUT THAT QUARTERBACK AT NUMBER 2...

Comment

Is that what I said? It's amazing how folks see only what they want to see.
              You said they are similar...its not even close my man

Comment

• Originally posted by NYKiller View Post
                AND THEN HE RAN INTO NFL DEFENSE AND **** GOT REAL. NOW ABOUT THAT QUARTERBACK AT NUMBER 2...
                There are a LOT of QB's who hit the NFL and got ***** slapped.
                Just when I don't think it can get any worse, I think of you Ray. I have been to the abyss....thank you for helping me stay positive.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYKiller View Post
                  AND THEN HE RAN INTO NFL DEFENSE AND **** GOT REAL. NOW ABOUT THAT QUARTERBACK AT NUMBER 2...
                  I'm guessing you want Rosen or Darnoud right...they are not guaranteed to be great either...Barkley has more star upside than any QB in this draft in my opinion

Comment

• Originally posted by BigBlueOnes View Post

I try to be open minded about you. But comparing Wilson to Barkely? Seriously?? Dude, c'mon.
                    Hey..I LOVED Wilson and if you were around here during the 2012 draft that is the guy I wanted. but it became clear to me that he had great straight line speed but not the elusiveness.
                    Most of what you see from Barkley is a lot of straight line speed. That doesn't mean he won't be a top NFL back, but I am always concerned when I see that.
                    I don't see a lot of running through tight holes and making defenders miss in traffic. I see a lot of jukes in the open field...which is fine but a refined NFL back needs those subtle moves in heavy traffic.
                    If you look at REAL transformative backs like Gayle Sayers, OJ Simpson or Barry Sanders, that is what you see.

Now I saw him in an entire game v Sparty and I didn't see it. I didn't see the Iowa game and highlghts are a waste of time.
                    I watched him in the bowl game and I saw one break away run down the left sidelines but again....it was created by straight line speed. In the NFL, CB's are just as fast. In college football, they are generally not.

Does this mean he's not going to be a great player? No of course not. But at #2 I have to see those characteristics that NFL RB's who can carry their teams (and that's what you need from a RB taken at #2). absolutely need.
                    I haven't yet in what I've seen.
                    Last edited by Morehead State; 01-03-2018, 10:52 PM.
                    It's not Eli's fault....It's the chemtrails!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by BigBlueOnes View Post

TOOL, we're talking about TOP TEN, not FIRST ROUND. We have TOP TEN pick not FIRST ROUND pick. Nice try but you're comparing apples to ****ing pigs nuts.
                      How about you dial it down a notch, chief?

Comment

• Originally posted by StroSwift10NYG View Post

You said they are similar...its not even close my man
                        I said that Barkley is more elusive. I said that Barkley is bigger.
                        The similarities are in their running style which is also exactly what I said.

Comment

• Originally posted by PRGiant View Post

Noted, thought he was picked in the teens.
                          He was picked #32, which TODAY would be a first-round pick. But he was picked the year before the Texans came into the league, so...

Comment

How about you dial it down a notch, chief?
                            I don't get this "tool" thing. There are actually many very useful tools. I use my power drill all the time and I would be lost without it.
                            The entire movie "2001 A Space Odyssey" is about how humans use and abuse their tools.

"Tools" are getting a bad rap on the Giants MB.

Comment

Ron Dayne...a perfect example of why you don't blow a #2 pick on a RB.

I don't know how old you are, but...I can tell you that Ron Dayne was MUCH more of a "can't-miss" RB pick back then than Barkley is today.

No thanks.
                              Dude Iím sorry but Ron Dayne was a one trick pony coming out of college. He couldnít catch or run a route, tree, couldnít block had no break away speed. He was a product of a Wisconsin system that was it. He canít sniff this dudes jock

Comment

He was picked #32, which TODAY would be a first-round pick. But he was picked the year before the Texans came into the league, so...
                                Are we really going there?

Comment

Working...
                                X