Trade Up Scenario?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade Up Scenario?

What if the Giants aren't willing to just take the leftover QB that Cleveland doesn't pick? What if they fall in love with one guy and decide that he is "their guy"?

Don't they have to try to swap picks with Cleveland to make sure that they land their guy?

My vote is yes.

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
    What if the Giants aren't willing to just take the leftover QB that Cleveland doesn't pick? What if they fall in love with one guy and decide that he is "their guy"?

Don't they have to try to swap picks with Cleveland to make sure that they land their guy?

My vote is yes.
    If you arent willing to move one pick to get "your guy" then you shouldnt be a GM. But I really hope we dont have to do that.

Comment

If that is who Dave wants. It is a no brainer.
      Never go to battle with the intellectually unarmed.

Comment

If they strongly prefer one QB (hopefully Darnold) over the other, absolutely. After that, the Browns could trade the 2nd overall pick for even more picks if they wanted to.

sigpic

Comment

It can certainly happen, specially if another team has the same idea.

Comment

My vote is yes.
            If Cleveland takes a QB first I believe and its the one we want I think we look to trade out but not so far as to put us in a spot where we cant get the players we want.
            Note: I think Cleveland is going to pass on Rosen. The GM said: I want good players who are going to play hard and want to be here. Rosen is probably thinking financially if he lands in a bigger market like NY or Denver.

Comment

HELL ****ING NO!!!!!

We are already 2nd overall, why give up the farm to move up 1 spot. We have waaaaaay too many holes to address to be giving uo draft picks to move up 1 spot
              Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post
                HELL ****ING NO!!!!!

We are already 2nd overall, why give up the farm to move up 1 spot. We have waaaaaay too many holes to address to be giving uo draft picks to move up 1 spot
                Because QB is the most important position on the field, and if you are right about "your guy", you put your franchise in a great position for the next 10-15 years.

Comment

Originally posted by DandyDon View Post

If you arent willing to move one pick to get "your guy" then you shouldnt be a GM. But I really hope we dont have to do that.
                  I agree with both points.

Comment

Because QB is the most important position on the field, and if you are right about "your guy", you put your franchise in a great position for the next 10-15 years.
                    It's the biggest difference maker on the field. Look at all the good teams in the league most of them have very good quarterbacks and have been successful teams since having these players. Some people want to count on past success instead of setting up 10-15 years of having a quality team with a chance to win it all.

Comment

Not if it hinders you from progressing your team just to sacrifice a year of picks for 1 guy, ESPECIALLY when you have as many holes as we do
                      Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Not if it hinders you from progressing your team just to sacrifice a year of picks for 1 guy, ESPECIALLY when you have as many holes as we do
                        How far can the team progress without a QB?

Comment

How far can the team progress without a QB?
                          When did i mention progressing without a QB. Just because i dont want to trade up doesnt mean i dont want one. I hope that Webb is our future so we can spread our picks around to our areas of need. If hes not id be cool with Jackson, Mayfield, Rudolph, Allen, Rosen, just not if we have to trade up for them

Comment

When did i mention progressing without a QB. Just because i dont want to trade up doesnt mean i dont want one. I hope that Webb is our future so we can spread our picks around to our areas of need. If hes not id be cool with Jackson, Mayfield, Rudolph, Allen, Rosen, just not if we have to trade up for them
                            Fair enough ... although the premise of the thread is that the Giants identify only one QB who they think is "their guy"

Comment

Fair enough ... although the premise of the thread is that the Giants identify only one QB who they think is "their guy"
                              Still wouldnt do it, we would have to give up too much. I would think about it if we had a year with only 1 or 2 glaring needs, but not when we have more than 6

Comment

Working...
                              X