Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HB's draft in Round 1 since 1990. Super Bowls?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BIG_Blue_87 View Post
    I've posted this a lot but I'll post it again.

Out of EVERY SINGLE qb drafted in the top 10 since 1999 (probably further i stopped checking there), only TWO have won a super bowl.

The Manning brothers.

Gee, did not realize. Maybe Brady and Ben have something to contribute to that

Comment

Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post

And I've posted this as a response, but you keep cherry-picking your numbers...

Expand that to top 25, and you add Roethlisberger (#11), Flacco (#18), and Rodgers (#24).

In other words...five of the last eight Super Bowl-winning QBs.

So, AGAIN...what's your point?
      Are we picking 25 or 2nd, dude? And you can't count Eli and Peyton etc twice.

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post

I agree A running game wins in January.
        tom coughlin & Jacksonville obviously agree... they drafted RB L fournette 2 overall last year and stuck with blake bortles as their QB.

Comment

Are we picking 25 or 2nd, dude? And you can't count Eli and Peyton etc twice.
          Who's counting them twice? Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, Ben Roethlisberger, Joe Flacco, and Aaron Rodgers are five (1,2,3,4,5) of the last eight Super Bowl-winning QBs.

Comment

Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post

tom coughlin & Jacksonville obviously agree... they drafted RB L fournette 2 overall last year and stuck with blake bortles as their QB.
            That also entails a functioning Offensive Line.
            Never go to battle with the intellectually unarmed.

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post

That also entails a functioning Offensive Line.
              absolutely.

we need a RB an entire OL a defense LBs Dends a pass rush, safeties cbs... what else? did i leave anything out? but yeah, according to some we should not even consider trading down? of course we should...all options are on the table.

Comment

Who's counting them twice? Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, Ben Roethlisberger, Joe Flacco, and Aaron Rodgers are five (1,2,3,4,5) of the last eight Super Bowl-winning QBs.
                The point is rather simple to understand. Hyped up quarterbacks picked in the 10th pick or lower don't produce super bowls at the rate a person would assume.

How you don't view that as an important stat is beyond me.

I'm not satisfied with a Philip Rivers.

We need to find the next Eli Manning - the last 1st overall to win a super bowl. And Peyton before him.

It's like a near guarantee that a 1st overall qb won't win anything. So fighting and clawing to draft one with the second overall this year NO MATTER WHAT isn't exactly a no brainer by any means.

Your pointing out the others post 10th overall just shows that getting a bunch of picks to fill the roster with great players outside of the position and then drafting a qb in the 11+ range is the way to go.

Comment

absolutely.

we need a RB an entire OL a defense LBs Dends a pass rush, safeties cbs... what else? did i leave anything out? but yeah, according to some we should not even consider trading down? of course we should...all options are on the table.
                  Don't forget quarterback :O

Comment

Don't forget quarterback :O
                    lol oh yeah!

Comment

absolutely.

I really like Gallmen . I think Reese stole him in the Draft. ( one of your Sleepers) I don't know if we are going to bring Darkwa back . ( cap related) . I believe we have the workhorse back we needed. Wane the Train
                      Never go to battle with the intellectually unarmed.

Comment

You could seriously do this with EVER SINGLE position... so at that point you're not proving anything.

Comment

The point is rather simple to understand. Hyped up quarterbacks picked in the 10th pick or lower don't produce super bowls at the rate a person would assume.

How you don't view that as an important stat is beyond me.

I'm not satisfied with a Philip Rivers.

We need to find the next Eli Manning - the last 1st overall to win a super bowl. And Peyton before him.

It's like a near guarantee that a 1st overall qb won't win anything. So fighting and clawing to draft one with the second overall this year NO MATTER WHAT isn't exactly a no brainer by any means.

Your pointing out the others post 10th overall just shows that getting a bunch of picks to fill the roster with great players outside of the position and then drafting a qb in the 11+ range is the way to go.
                          OK, I'm running out of ways to try to explain this to you. But I'll keep trying...

Say you need brain surgery. You're trying to figure out who should perform that surgery. Ask any doctor on earth what a general rule-of-thumb is for choosing a surgeon out of a list of potentially hundreds or thousands of names..."How many times has that particular surgeon performed that particular surgery?" The surgeons that have performed that particular surgery a thousand times or more are the "first-rounders" of your surgeon draft. The surgeons that have performed it 500-1,000 times are the "second-rounders". The surgeons that have performed it 250-500 times are the "third-rounders". And, on and on.

Now, does this system necessarily mean that the surgeon that has performed the procedure 1,264 times is by definition a better surgeon than the one that's only performed it 1,263 - or, 1,248 - times? Of course not. Does it even preclude the possibility that there may be a guy that's only performed it 437 times, but is - in fact - a fantastic surgeon? Nope. But ask any doctor on earth for a general rule-of-thumb in choosing a surgeon..."How many times has that particular surgeon performed that particular surgery?" There's a reason for that.

And, really...if your insurance will cover payment of any surgeon you choose, then why are you voluntarily choosing the one that's only performed the procedure twice before?

Comment

I'm still taking a Barkley over Rosen and Darnoud....Rosen has injury problems and Darnoud don't impress me

Comment

And I've posted this as a response, but you keep cherry-picking your numbers...

Expand that to top 25, and you add Roethlisberger (#11), Flacco (#18), and Rodgers (#24).

In other words...five of the last eight Super Bowl-winning QBs.

So, AGAIN...what's your point?
                              Didn't the OP only use the first rb selected in his stats also?

Comment

I'm with NYSPORTS ..guy makes sense.

Comment

Working...
                                X