X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bigjeep
    started a topic Jets could trade way into Darnold-Rosen hunt

Jets could trade way into Darnold-Rosen hunt

"The Giants may not be the only team in on the Josh Rosen-Sam Darnold sweepstakes.

Hours before the two Los Angeles college quarterbacks announced they were entering the NFL Draft, Jets GM Mike Maccagnan did not hesitate when asked if he would consider trading up from the No. 6 if there was a quarterback he fell in love with.

ďThe simple answer to that question is yes,Ē

https://nypost.com/2018/01/04/jets-c...ld-rosen-hunt/

• StewieZ
    replied
    Darnold also threw for 350 yards in that "absolutely horrendous final college game"

Leave a comment:

• mrmeng
    replied
    Originally posted by primetime View Post

You know who the Rams got for that blockbuster trade? A bunch of nobodies and Janoris Jenkins and Alec Ogletree.
    Jenkins isnít even part of the Rams anymore and Ogletree is a solid linebacker.

I donít think the Giants should trade out of the 2nd spot. The Giants have many holes to fill but most importantly they need a QB. If they gamble trade their pick and donít have a quarterback of the future that would send this franchise further back from contending again. To win in this league you need a franchise QB.
    And you think either a guy who just had a concussion and is a liability off the field or a guy who turns the ball over every other play, has problems reading defenses and looked absolutely horrendous in his final college game is the future franchise qb of this team? I donít, too much risk. We need a new qb, assuming Webb isnít the answer, but I donít like this draft class.

Leave a comment:

• Donnie Yen
    replied
    Originally posted by VBGiantsFan View Post
    Imagine if Darnold and Rosen both landed in NY together. The Jets-Giants comparisons would go to a whole new level.
    that would be cool!

Leave a comment:

• B-Red22
    replied

You know who the Rams got for that blockbuster trade? A bunch of nobodies and Janoris Jenkins and Alec Ogletree.

I donít think the Giants should trade out of the 2nd spot. The Giants have many holes to fill but most importantly they need a QB. If they gamble trade their pick and donít have a quarterback of the future that would send this franchise further back from contending again. To win in this league you need a franchise QB.
    And the Skins got RG3... so the Rams got the better deal no? lol

Leave a comment:

• gzellf
    replied

Doesn't mean we won't have other luck drafting. I'm all about getting more picks and stockpiling, especially if someone isn't sold on a player projected to go so high. I'm not saying that's the case, but just as a general statement. I'd rather see us have more picks, but that's just me. It would also give us bargaining leverage in future drafts. I rather look over a longer period of time rather than focus on just one draft.

Leave a comment:

• StewieZ
    replied
    Originally posted by Giantterp View Post
    Love the armchair GMs. I'll take the opinions of the real experts and NFL scouts....I know...I know they are often wrong...However, it's based upon a real evaluation against years of data and comparisons against other QB's at this stage in their careers and not just watching him play in a few games (or even all of the games on tv).
    Real evaluation is Mel Kiper and Todd McShay saying Darnold and Rosen are the top 2 QB prospects.

Leave a comment:

• bigjeep
    replied
    Originally posted by StewieZ View Post
    Rosen throws a wobbly ball? Rosen??? Wait... did you mean Eli? Must have been a typo. Must have meant Eli...sorry I almost got upset there. My bad.

Leave a comment:

• Bronxpinstripes
    replied
    Originally posted by bigblue58 View Post

I may be wrong about Gettleman picking Barkley, but Iím firm in my belief that heís not taking Darnold or Rosen or that shrimp Mayfield.
    Stop building up your hopes on him picking a QB......he isnít going to.
    Then he will have a very short tenure as GM.

Leave a comment:

• NYSPORTS
    replied
    Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post

Yeah, I just don't get why people can't comprehend the fact that if you draft a franchise QB at #2 and suddenly Davis Webb turns into Tom Brady you can trade the franchise QB for the picks you say you need so badly.

If you need a car and don't have one, then...you buy a car. If down the road you find a car that you like better, then you sell the car you originally bought. It's not rocket science.

HELLO!!!!!!! Since when is it a problem to have multiple good QB's and collect more incase you have none? Haven't the Pats traded away like Five Qb's for nice return? Oh no, Webb turns out to be good. Does that mean nobody in a QB hungry league wants him? Or visa versa, Webb take over next year and the #2 pick from this year is moved.

+1 - it's not rocket science

Leave a comment:

• Bronxpinstripes
    replied
    Originally posted by NYSPORTS View Post
    It will cost more than what the Eagles paid to move up. Teams are desperate for Qb' so (the popular opinion) is for the Giants to get one and cost today rather than a fortune to move up tomorrow
    Yeah, I just don't get why people can't comprehend the fact that if you draft a franchise QB at #2 and suddenly Davis Webb turns into Tom Brady you can trade the franchise QB for the picks you say you need so badly.

If you need a car and don't have one, then...you buy a car. If down the road you find a car that you like better, then you sell the car you originally bought. But at least you had a car when you needed it.

It's really not rocket science.

Leave a comment:

• Bronxpinstripes
    replied

+1

Leave a comment:

• bigblue58
    replied
    Originally posted by bigjeep View Post
    "The Giants may not be the only team in on the Josh Rosen-Sam Darnold sweepstakes.

Hours before the two Los Angeles college quarterbacks announced they were entering the NFL Draft, Jets GM Mike Maccagnan did not hesitate when asked if he would consider trading up from the No. 6 if there was a quarterback he fell in love with.

ďThe simple answer to that question is yes,Ē

https://nypost.com/2018/01/04/jets-c...ld-rosen-hunt/
    I may be wrong about Gettleman picking Barkley, but Iím firm in my belief that heís not taking Darnold or Rosen or that shrimp Mayfield.
    Stop building up your hopes on him picking a QB......he isnít going to.

Leave a comment:

• fletch842
    replied
    oh, and the games of Rosen that I saw, he throws a really nice ball. My biggest concern with him is the 2 concussions inside of a month. That could be a serious career shortener.

Leave a comment:

• fletch842
    replied
    If the Giants FO likes one of the QBs they need to take him at #2, not trade down and hope. With all the QB hungry teams, none of them may make it far this year. If at the end of their analytics, they are underwhelmed, they should trade out. Pretty simple really...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X