Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tommy_Ribs View Post

Thoughts?

This is awesome and thank you for doing this. This is outstanding work. I am really looking forward to the one on Rosen and Josh Allen too.

Josh Allen is similar to Darnold. He's not as Polished as Rosen, but the arm strenght, moxie and athleticism are all there.
    No problem. I will be doing Rosen, Allen and Mayfield.

With that said, I am not an Allen fan. The "traits" are there. But I dont think he is close to being able to play QB at the NFL level. I am not a huge believer is stats but at some point to be considered a franchise NFL QB, you have to have some production. Allen threw for less than 100 yards vs Hawaii. Was putrid against Iowa and Oregon. Had a good bowl game that showed out a bit but still below 200 yards. He needs a lot of work. Much more than Darnold imo.

Allen is going to go top 10 I think. I would not take him anywhere before round 3.

Comment

Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post

I havent done full tape work on him yet. From preliminary looks I have him 4th in this class behind Rosen, Darnold and Mayfield. I think he will go late round 1 to a team that trades back in to get that 5th year option.
      Ok thanks! I've seen mocks that got him going first overall or second to us.

Comment

Originally posted by Cruzan 26 View Post

Ok thanks! I've seen mocks that got him going first overall or second to us.
        There are evaluators that really love him. And I do think he is good. But in no way should he go that high. If we dont take a QB at 2 and he is there in round 2, I would grab him.

Comment

There are evaluators that really love him. And I do think he is good. But in no way should he go that high. If we dont take a QB at 2 and he is there in round 2, I would grab him.
          I think he goes in the top 15 of the draft.

Comment

I think he goes in the top 15 of the draft.
            Its possible as he will do well in testing. I can see the Chargers having interest at their pick.

Comment

If the Giants draft him I would prefer him to sit and learn from Eli for a year or two. I think he might turn into a Jay Cutler if he doesn't get the proper guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post
                If the Giants draft him I would prefer him to sit and learn from Eli for a year or two. I think he might turn into a Jay Cutler if he doesn't get the proper guidance.
                It would be ideal for him to sit a year. Not many round 1 QBs sit longer than that anymore though, so he will have to be ready year 2.

Comment

If anyone saw that USC vs UCLA game, Rosen looked so much better than Darnold and everyone took notice.
                  I agree. Rosen looked like the better QB.

And UCLA had the 122nd ranked defense in college football.

USC had the 68th ranked defense.
                  Last edited by TheAnalyst; 01-05-2018, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Next concussion Rosen gets won't be the take one week off variety. Once you get a couple, the next ones are easier to come by. Do we really want to hold our breaths each time he gets sacked?

No questioning his arm talent but his injury history is wearisome.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post
                      Next concussion Rosen gets won't be the take one week off variety. Once you get a couple, the next ones are easier to come by. Do we really want to hold our breaths each time he gets sacked?

No questioning his arm talent but his injury history is wearisome.
                      That's what scares me about him as well. Concussion syndrome is no trifle matter.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

I agree. Rosen looked like the better QB.

And UCLA had the 122nd ranked defense in college football.

USC had the 68th ranked defense.
                        Everyone keep using the excuse that Darnold didn't have a great team around him, but he had a lot more than what Rosen had and Rosen still outplayed him.

Comment

No problem. I will be doing Rosen, Allen and Mayfield.

With that said, I am not an Allen fan. The "traits" are there. But I dont think he is close to being able to play QB at the NFL level. I am not a huge believer is stats but at some point to be considered a franchise NFL QB, you have to have some production. Allen threw for less than 100 yards vs Hawaii. Was putrid against Iowa and Oregon. Had a good bowl game that showed out a bit but still below 200 yards. He needs a lot of work. Much more than Darnold imo.

Allen is going to go top 10 I think. I would not take him anywhere before round 3.
                          I don't know much about Allen other than he has the prototypical QB "traits" but I remember hearing that same argument when Dan Marino was drafted. Marino was a turnover machine in college with a 57% completion percentage. Analysts were in disbelief on TV when he was drafted in the 1st round. You could very well be right though, I'm far from a QB expert.
                          I may not believe in a higher power but I believe in Elisha Nelson Manning.

Comment

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ks-for-top-qbs

FWIW

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy_Ribs View Post

Would you sign up for a QB that would play for a long time, be considered real good and help us get to two SBs? I'll sign up for that right now.

He is not a one read QB by the way. USC runs a Pro-Style offense, always have.

Whoever you heard that from is an idiot, and you should consider not taking what they say under advisement moving forward.
                              Exactly. Darnold has all the attributes andnintangibles that you look for. He is not a 1-read QB; thatís ridiculous. He was also surrounded by a lot of young and inexperienced players on offense. His turnovers can be fixed. He has good accuracy, touch, and can throw into tight windows. You can see him resdjnf through his progressions. That is what separates good QBs from the mediocre ones.

Also, he showed a lot of poise and maturity during his and USC struggles. He should end up being like a cross between Big Ben and Derek Carr. He also has a good work ethic, love of the game, and is a leader. Hopefully, Cleveland picks Rosen and if that isbthe case, Iíd have a hard time passing on Darnold.

Comment

If we can solidify our OL, and CB, Rosen gets another concussion, Mayfield gets arrested, and Jackson gets injured, then i GUESS id take a chance on Darnold. I really dislike USC qb track records, and his ball security scares the crap out of me but apparently people love him
                                Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Working...
                                X