Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Giants Were Reportedly Ready To Move Up and Get Mahomes Last Year

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Giants Were Reportedly Ready To Move Up and Get Mahomes Last Year

    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/r...trick-mahomes/

    If this is true, there is no chance that the Giants will pass on a guy who they think is a franchise QB, and they will likely be willing to move up to Cleveland's spot if they fall in love with only one of these guys ....

  • #2
    The part that really hurts is that Reese didn't think it was important enough to trade up for OL. So glad he is gone. He was mesmerized by the Draft Day process.

    I do think it is likely we grab a QB. I think HC is Dave's first order of business, and QB is something he is also thinking about very hard and will evaluate right now. He will watch all the tape on Eli and will make a Football/Business decision.

    Comment


    • #3
      can you imagine if we had traded up, given up this coming 1st round pick, and then tanked like we did this year. OMG am I glad that KC beat us to the punch!!

      Comment


      • #4
        I think it was McAdoo who was infatuated with Maholmes though.

        Comment


        • #5
          People on here would of lost their minds if they would of traded up for Mahomes. He looked good in his one start the last game of the year.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
            https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/r...trick-mahomes/

            If this is true, there is no chance that the Giants will pass on a guy who they think is a franchise QB, and they will likely be willing to move up to Cleveland's spot if they fall in love with only one of these guys ....
            Remember McAdoo was drooling over this kid even went to his pro day. I think McAdoo and Reese already saw Eli as a limited player and really wanted him or Watson those were the 2 Quarterbackís that McAdoo liked. And we get stuck with ďnot good EliĒ.
            Last edited by CruzSoldier; 01-07-2018, 12:30 AM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Donít be surprised if Mahomes turns out better than Wentz Goff and Dak...

              Comment


              • #8
                Thank God they waited, they can get Allen who has the same arm talent as Mahomes, is big like him, but is more mobile. You guys just need to hope that the Browns draft Rosen or Darnold. Wait until the pro day and combine occurs. Allen is going to make them look like high school QBs.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Yeah...We don't get Mahomes, so we get the guy who he ran out of Texas Tech...LMAO

                  Yeah, trade up for a QB that u have no intention of playing.

                  Long Live the King

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by compaqnigg View Post
                    Thank God they waited, they can get Allen who has the same arm talent as Mahomes, is big like him, but is more mobile. You guys just need to hope that the Browns draft Rosen or Darnold. Wait until the pro day and combine occurs. Allen is going to make them look like high school QBs.


                    Josh Allen is more mobile than Mahomes?



                    He isn't more mobile, but he throws better on the run.
                    Long Live the King

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Tommy_Ribs View Post
                      The part that really hurts is that Reese didn't think it was important enough to trade up for OL. So glad he is gone. He was mesmerized by the Draft Day process.

                      I do think it is likely we grab a QB. I think HC is Dave's first order of business, and QB is something he is also thinking about very hard and will evaluate right now. He will watch all the tape on Eli and will make a Football/Business decision.
                      Sure would be nice to have Conklin instead of Eli Apple. Also could've taken Decker who is a really good LT.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Gee718 View Post

                        Josh Allen is more mobile than Mahomes?

                        He isn't more mobile, but he throws better on the run.
                        Mahomes ran a 4.8, 40 yard dash at the combine.

                        This link is reporting Allen can run a 4.61, 40 yard dash: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...our-team-needs

                        Don't know about the accuracy of Allen's 40 time but 4.8 can certainly be beaten by him.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by compaqnigg View Post
                          Mahomes ran a 4.8, 40 yard dash at the combine.

                          This link is reporting Allen can run a 4.61, 40 yard dash: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...our-team-needs

                          Don't know about the accuracy of Allen's 40 time but 4.8 can certainly be beaten by him.
                          Speed and mobility are two different things my friend. There are plenty of guys with fast straight line speed (Sprinters),, but once the cone drill starts and they have to change direction on a dime and then do it with equipment on, then it's game over.

                          And Walter football has Josh Allen as a possible 4.75.

                          http://walterfootball.com/draft2018QB.php


                          Last edited by Gee718; 01-05-2018, 10:11 PM.
                          Long Live the King

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                            https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/r...trick-mahomes/

                            If this is true, there is no chance that the Giants will pass on a guy who they think is a franchise QB, and they will likely be willing to move up to Cleveland's spot if they fall in love with only one of these guys ....
                            But JR and Mac are gone, and we have a new GM. How does what they might have been thinking last year predict this year?

                            If what you are claiming is true, the owners are overriding the professionals. Not good.
                            Last edited by DandyDon; 01-05-2018, 10:21 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by DandyDon View Post

                              But JR and Mac are gone, and we have a new GM. How does what they might have been thinking last year predict this year?

                              If what you are claiming is true, the owners are overriding the professionals. Not good.
                              Good point, but I think that a big move like that (especially with Eli still here) would have had to be approved by Mara. (I also donít want the owner involved in these types of decisions, but itís pretty clear that he is).

                              I also donít think that a new GM and HC, with no allegiance to Eli, would ever make a football decision to pass on a franchise QB based upon the idea that Eli still has a lot of football left in him. I think that the owner would be the only one who would push that agenda, but he was apparently willing to invest in a young QB last year ....

                              Anyway, thatís my thinking ....

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X