Giants Were Reportedly Ready To Move Up and Get Mahomes Last Year

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TEM View Post

I have watched everyone of these QBs play . What exactly is that rating system ?

IMO: Not one them is worth a top 10 pick in the draft. Some team will take them . I just don't want the Giants to. Take Mayfield in the Rose bowl. BLAH BLAH best QB in the draft. What I saw was Geno Smith at Syracuse. Darnold is sloppy with the football. Rosen Last year failed in a pro style offense. He needed to go back to a College style this year to be successful.
    ESPN for one. Trubiski was rated as an 89, Watson 88. Can't see the other ratings if you are not an insider but they were below that. This year you have Rosen 94, Darnold 93, Allen 90.

It will always be a risk. You might hate ESPN, NFL Network guys said the same thing last year, that this year was going to be better, now you might say that Darnold has regress some but he still rates better. It's always going to be about stats, projections, coaching and luck.

To me Darnold looks like an Eli clone coming out of college. Turnover prone but with great heart and clutch plays and if he gets us 2 Superbowls in 15 years I'd be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by PRGiant View Post

ESPN for one. Trubiski was rated as an 89, Watson 88. Can't see the other ratings if you are not an insider but they were below that. This year you have Rosen 94, Darnold 93, Allen 90.

It will always be a risk. You might hate ESPN, NFL Network guys said the same thing last year, that this year was going to be better, now you might say that Darnold has regress some but he still rates better. It's always going to be about stats, projections, coaching and luck.

To me Darnold looks like an Eli clone coming out of college. Turnover prone but with great heart and clutch plays and if he gets us 2 Superbowls in 15 years I'd be happy.
      I would be happy with any QB that could do that. But when I look past the hype I see a clone of the 07 and 13 classes.
      Never go to battle with the intellectually unarmed.

Comment

I would be happy with any QB that could do that. But when I look past the hype I see a clone of the 07 and 13 classes.
        We shall see, I'm scared looking at this class but We need someone to play QB.

Comment

We shall see, I'm scared looking at this class but We need someone to play QB.
          Patience is bitter but the fruit is sweet.

I would rather go with Eli then pick the wrong QB just because we have the #2 pick.. When Dave picks his guy. I will be 100% behind the young QB who ever that may be.

Comment

I would rather go with Eli then pick the wrong QB just because we have the #2 pick.. When Dave picks his guy. I will be 100% behind the young QB who ever that may be.
            I agree with that, if they pass on a QB I'll get behind it but the worst thing you can do is stop trying to get one, then you become the Brown and pass on Wentz and Watson & Co.

Comment

I agree with that, if they pass on a QB I'll get behind it but the worst thing you can do is stop trying to get one, then you become the Brown and pass on Wentz and Watson & Co.
              I agree when the right one is there sell the farm, give players . Do what needs to be done to get him

Comment

Darnold is the only QB I would take in New York. Rosen would turn things into a media circus. Darnold is tough and wise beyond his years. Rosen has shoulder and concussion injuries already on the books and seems like a typical Southern California spoiled punk. Rosen will have pretty stats but can he win? And is he really suited to be the face of a franchise? Doesn’t seem like a kid Mara would sign off on but what do I know...

Darnold has the size, strength, and arm to be a New York QB. He is the only QB I see with the “It factor” that jumps out at you. Mayfield a little bit but I think he would struggle in New York and also doesn’t have that typical Giants QB mold.

If we get back to a pound the rock - pass downfield system like I think we are, Darnold is he QB for us IMO.

Thats if they go QB at all.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                  https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/r...trick-mahomes/

If this is true, there is no chance that the Giants will pass on a guy who they think is a franchise QB, and they will likely be willing to move up to Cleveland's spot if they fall in love with only one of these guys ....
                  The part of that article that you conveniently ignored was this: "The Chiefs gave the Bills two first-round picks and a third-rounder to go from No. 27 to the 10th pick."

I like that deal much better.

Comment

Originally posted by u2good View Post

The part of that article that you conveniently ignored was this: "The Chiefs gave the Bills two first-round picks and a third-rounder to go from No. 27 to the 10th pick."

I like that deal much better.
                    What does that have to do with the premise of this thread?

Comment

Originally posted by TE88 View Post

Darnold is the only QB I would take in New York. Rosen would turn things into a media circus. Darnold is tough and wise beyond his years. Rosen has shoulder and concussion injuries already on the books and seems like a typical Southern California spoiled punk. Rosen will have pretty stats but can he win? And is he really suited to be the face of a franchise? Doesn’t seem like a kid Mara would sign off on but what do I know...

Darnold has the size, strength, and arm to be a New York QB. He is the only QB I see with the “It factor” that jumps out at you. Mayfield a little bit but I think he would struggle in New York and also doesn’t have that typical Giants QB mold.

If we get back to a pound the rock - pass downfield system like I think we are, Darnold is he QB for us IMO.

Thats if they go QB at all.
                      I am not a fan of any of them. I agree Darnold is the best of the bunch. Is he worth a second that is up to Dave, John, Chris and the new HC

Comment

Working...
                      X