Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trade down and get Josh Allen for some extra picks?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade down and get Josh Allen for some extra picks?

https://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...ng-quarterback

its a risk but all draft picks are. everyone loves to compare him but he reminds me a bit of flacco than some of the other qbs he's compared to.

he's raw but i can see him sit out for a year or two vs. someone like rosen and learn from eli. also that arm in the meadowlands, i'm not sold on socal qbs in north jersey. you can train to get stronger but you either have it or you don't.

the question is, is he a franchise qb and worthy of the giants dropping down?

I wouldnt be surprised if he went #1. Hes going to kill it at the combine.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeq6722 View Post
      I wouldnt be surprised if he went #1. Hes going to kill it at the combine.
      We can only hope so. Based on play, Allen should go round 3 or 4. Based on his traits, he will go in the top 10. We should not be the team to make this mistake.

Comment

The next Mitch Trubisky? Draft wise.

Comment

Depends what round we're talkin.... if its in the 1st or 2nd, no thanks. If its the 3rd, sure why not.

Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Listening to Kerwin on moving the chains yesterday -- he said he would have BIG CONCERNS with J-Rosen in NY media market simply because he won't hold his tongue and will speak his mind. He said as the draft process plays out he expects J-Allen to rise very high and that Giants would be perfect spot with 1-year to sit/learn behind Eli.

I love Rosen as a pure passer but at the same time I love Allen's size/arm/mobility and the tenacity he plays with. Would love it if Bronco's (at #5) gave us 3 /4 picks to move up to take Rosen and we could still get our hands on Allen at #5. That said -- when all is said and done I could see Allen going #1 to Browns.

Allen has some Big Ben and some John Elway in his size/arm/mobility.

Comment

Originally posted by BleedingBlue123 View Post
              Listening to Kerwin on moving the chains yesterday -- he said he would have BIG CONCERNS with J-Rosen in NY media market simply because he won't hold his tongue and will speak his mind. He said as the draft process plays out he expects J-Allen to rise very high and that Giants would be perfect spot with 1-year to sit/learn behind Eli.

I love Rosen as a pure passer but at the same time I love Allen's size/arm/mobility and the tenacity he plays with. Would love it if Bronco's (at #5) gave us 3 /4 picks to move up to take Rosen and we could still get our hands on Allen at #5. That said -- when all is said and done I could see Allen going #1 to Browns.

Allen has some Big Ben and some John Elway in his size/arm/mobility.
              And a lot of Jamarcus Russell and Ryan Leaf in his actual play.

Comment

Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post

And a lot of Jamarcus Russell and Ryan Leaf in his actual play.
                The amazing thing when you are watching his highlight video above, there are 3 defenders leaking into the pocket. His LT, his RT, and one of his guards constantly let guys beat them. You can tell why his completion percentage was low compared to other QBs of this class... the guy was running for his life in most of his games. I'd love to see Josh Rosen or Darnold playing behind his offensive line. Good luck!

Some of his plays you can't help but think to yourself: "Wow, is that Aaron Rodgers!?" because he scrambles from the pocket on the run and delivers a dime like only Aaron Rodgers could. For instance like this play: https://youtu.be/QTuKHNz9vbA?t=1m59s

If Ernie Accorsi fell in love with Eli, I can't imagine he won't fall in love with Josh Allen once he sees him and him and Gettleman are writing love notes in their daily diaries. haha.
                Last edited by compaqnigg; 01-05-2018, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by compaqnigg View Post
                  The amazing thing when you are watching his highlight video above, there are 3 defenders leaking into the pocket. His LT, his RT, and one of his guards constantly let guys beat them. You can tell why his completion percentage was low compared to other QBs of this class... the guy was running for his life in most of his games. I'd love to see Josh Rosen or Darnold playing behind his offensive line. Good luck!

Some of his plays you can't help but think to yourself: "Wow, is that Aaron Rodgers!?" because he scrambles from the pocket on the run and delivers a dime like only Aaron Rodgers could. For instance like this play: https://youtu.be/QTuKHNz9vbA?t=1m59s
                  People seem to not want to factor in that he played at Wyoming behind an awful o-line and in a terrible scheme that had called run plays for him an alarming amount of times.(seriously, he wasnt far off from leading their team in carries if he didnt miss a few games). Hes very hard to evaluate.. All the physical skills are clearly there but that team was so bad and completely overmatched in their losses to Iowa, Oregon and Boise. Anyone with some common sense would agree that Wyoming should lose to those three, but he was bad too. How much of that is him, and how much of that is 3 good defenses wreaking havoc on his line and in coverage? They also lost the two games he didnt play to Fresno and a 2-11 San Jose St team that has one of, if not the worst defenses in college football. The combine and private workouts for teams are going to be very important for him I think.

Comment

be cool to see who rises and falls as the process plays out between now and the draft. All of the QBs have some obvious flaws, but show real potential. This time last year, few were talking about Mitchel T.

Comment

Originally posted by compaqnigg View Post

If Ernie Accorsi fell in love with Eli, I can't imagine he won't fall in love with Josh Allen once he sees him and him and Gettleman are writing love notes in their daily diaries. haha.
                      I didnít see any dink and dunk with Allen either ó lots of vertical..tough throws but damn this kid can move and throw the ball and h3 competes like an animal.

Comment

Originally posted by NYtoSanDiego View Post
                        https://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...ng-quarterback

its a risk but all draft picks are. everyone loves to compare him but he reminds me a bit of flacco than some of the other qbs he's compared to.

he's raw but i can see him sit out for a year or two vs. someone like rosen and learn from eli. also that arm in the meadowlands, i'm not sold on socal qbs in north jersey. you can train to get stronger but you either have it or you don't.

the question is, is he a franchise qb and worthy of the giants dropping down?
                        If we draft Allen in the first I will lose it

Comment

Originally posted by CGYgiant View Post

If we draft Allen in the first I will lose it
                          I'd lose it if we took him in the 2nd too. Kid is a major project and has the biggest bust factor of any QB prospect in this class by far.

Comment

Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post

I'd lose it if we took him in the 2nd too. Kid is a major project and has the biggest bust factor of any QB prospect in this class by far.
                            My guess is he'll go back of the first. I hope its not to the Giants but I can see his skill set tempting Gettlemen and co. Specifically if they want to play Eli for two more years and let the kid learn how to throw accurately. Which never happens but im sure they will try.

Comment

Originally posted by CGYgiant View Post

My guess is he'll go back of the first. I hope its not to the Giants but I can see his skill set tempting Gettlemen and co. Specifically if they want to play Eli for two more years and let the kid learn how to throw accurately. Which never happens but im sure they will try.
                              I think he goes even higher. Just praying its not to us. Teams will fall in love with the "traits" and ignore the fact that he is nowhere close to being ready to play in the NFL.

Comment

Working...
                              X