Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trade down and get Josh Allen for some extra picks?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post

I think he goes even higher. Just praying its not to us. Teams will fall in love with the "traits" and ignore the fact that he is nowhere close to being ready to play in the NFL.
    they said the same thing about Big Ben when he came out. Lucky for him, the Steelers were a heavy run/defense based team, so he did not have to do too much to win a lot of games early on.

Comment

Originally posted by fletch842 View Post

they said the same thing about Big Ben when he came out. Lucky for him, the Steelers were a heavy run/defense based team, so he did not have to do too much to win a lot of games early on.
      Big Ben had success in college! He had 37 TDs in his junior year. Josh Allen had 16. Ben threw for close to 400 yards and 4TDs vs Louisville. Look at Allens games against just decent D's

Iowa - 23/40 174 yards 0TDs 2 INTs
      Oregon - 9/24 64 yards 0TDS 1 INT
      Boise 12/27 131 yards 1 TD 2 INTs
      Vs Hawaii (115th overall D in D1) 9-19 92 yards 1 TD 0 INT

This is a top QB prospect? He may turn out to be good down the road. He needs 2-3 years sitting behind a vet. No thanks
      Last edited by tdawg1413; 01-08-2018, 01:27 PM.

Comment

If he goes #1, the mock drafts will all be busted.....LOL
        Long Live the King

Comment

Big Ben had success in college! He had 37 TDs in his junior year. Josh Allen had 16. Ben threw for close to 400 yards and 4TDs vs Louisville. Look at Allens games against just decent D's

Iowa - 23/40 174 yards 0TDs 2 INTs
          Oregon - 9/24 64 yards 0TDS 1 INT
          Boise 12/27 131 yards 1 TD 2 INTs
          Vs Hawaii (115th overall D in D1) 9-19 92 yards 1 TD 0 INT

This is a top QB prospect? He may turn out to be good down the road. He needs 2-3 years sitting behind a vet. No thanks
          personally, I'm not overly impressed with any of the prospects this year, but I do remember the pundits saying roughly the same thing about Ben, is all I was pointing out.

Comment

I asked this in another thread, but why are folks so enamored with this kids? His stats are pedestrian at best against below average competition. The few games he played "respectable" teams, he was terrible. Just because he's big and from a small school doesn't make him Wentz.

What am I missing?

NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
            Garrett Bolles - OT
            David Njoku - TE
            Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

Originally posted by CGYgiant View Post

My guess is he'll go back of the first. I hope its not to the Giants but I can see his skill set tempting Gettlemen and co. Specifically if they want to play Eli for two more years and let the kid learn how to throw accurately. Which never happens but im sure they will try.
              Top 10 lock ... not because he is a top 10 player but because teams lose their minds over QBs

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

Top 10 lock ... not because he is a top 10 player but because teams lose their minds over QBs
                The more duds that go before our second round pick the better. You're probably right. Some coach will believe they can fix/build him, if they can? all the power to them. I just hope it isn't us

Comment

Originally posted by fletch842 View Post

personally, I'm not overly impressed with any of the prospects this year, but I do remember the pundits saying roughly the same thing about Ben, is all I was pointing out.
                  I get that. After my film study, I see 3 legitimate Franchise QBs (Dranold, Rosen, Mayfield). Whether they turn out that way no one knows. I think Lamar Jackson can be a star but just as easily can bust. Allen can be very good if he goes to the right system and sits behind a vet for 2-3 years. But odds are with him some team will rush him in and he will bust.

Comment

I get that. After my film study, I see 3 legitimate Franchise QBs (Dranold, Rosen, Mayfield). Whether they turn out that way no one knows. I think Lamar Jackson can be a star but just as easily can bust. Allen can be very good if he goes to the right system and sits behind a vet for 2-3 years. But odds are with him some team will rush him in and he will bust.
                    That is exactly what my thoughts are. Not sure alen needs 3 full years though. rosen scars me at 2 overall b/c of the concussion and the NY media may not like him. There are a couple of sleepers in the draft a well but they are crapshoots. Mason Rudolph is also potentially a good NFL QB, but how much better than webb?

Comment

Working...
                    X