BRADLEY CHUBB DESTROYING THE BEST OT IN THE DRAFT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

No it isnt. Chubb would be playing just as much. Think of what we had in Strahan Osi Tuck Kiwi. You find a way. Plus, not like Vernon or JPP will stay on the field.

If they see Chubb as a future stud DE, and value him more than the QBs or OTs you take him easy.
    How could he possibly play just as much? There's two DE spots on the field. Someone is going to have to sit. You don't sub out personnel every play. It would be such a horrible job of personnel to have 3 huge contract DEs on your roster. Like beyond stupid to spend a 1st round pick on a DE when you already have two of the higher paid DEs already on your team. It is so dumb in fact that I'd imagine a franchise like the Oakland Raiders or Cleveland Browns to do something like that not the Giants. Sure, draft a DE in the 2nd or 3rd round. That makes more sense in terms of managing a team and player contracts. But to draft a 3rd huge contract DE and not having him get snaps within a game... that's something you'd do if your franchise just won the Super Bowl. If you are picking 2nd in the draft that means you have too many holes to fill. You need people playing every snap.

Comment

Chubb is a beast for sure. He is one of my 5 "locks" for this draft. Barkley, Chubb, Fitzgerald, Nelson and Roquan Smith. Those 5 are absolute beasts. I'd be happy with any of them. I think Chubb is the least likely to get picked by us. We can drop to 5-6 and possibly get him but he might not be there. I think any of the other top 5 guys help our team more immediately. Chubb would create another great trio with OV and JPP though. Won our last two SBs with a trio of linemen.

Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post
      Tells you mcglinchey isn't as good in pass pro as the other top OTs in the draft. Mcglinchey could be way over rated as a pass protector. Right Tackle playing Left Tackle type of prospect.
      McGlinchey is without a doubt in my mind a RT in the NFL. With that said he is a very good lineman. Chubb did very well against him.
      LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
      "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post

the other bosa will be in next year's draft.... we could wait until 2019 for Defensive Lineman>>>> supposed to be an exceptional year next year for DL players

http://www.cleveland.com/osu/2017/11..._nfl_draf.html

https://www.chatsports.com/ncaa/a/pr...fl-draft-36322

http://walterfootball.com/draft2019charlie.php

https://www.chatsports.com/ncaa/a/projecting-underclassmen-who-will-be-top-5-picks-2019-nfl-draft-36322

I am rally big fan of Oliver. This guy is consistently disrupting plays in the backfield. It is ashame he has to wait one more year to come out.

Comment

Originally posted by blu_buddha View Post
          Anyone know how he would compare to Myles Garret, Bosa, or JD Clowney?
          Looks like I found my answer here.

https://www.bigblueview.com/2018/1/4...en-news-rumors

3) Bradley Chubb (DE, NC State) - Chubb (likely) won’t test off the charts like Jadeveon Clowney or Myles Garrett. But as a football player, he is already more polished than either of them. Both first-overall pick defensive ends got by in college on sheer athletic freakish-ness. They could overwhelm blockers with size and explosiveness. Chubb is a great athlete in his own right, but he gets by with a blend of power, technique, motor, and a plan of attack. In that he is more like former Ohio State, and current Los Angeles Chargers defensive end, Joey Bosa. That is certainly a high bar for him to clear, but Chubb has shown the ability to take over games at the collegiate level.

Comment

Originally posted by blu_buddha View Post

Looks like I found my answer here.

https://www.bigblueview.com/2018/1/4...en-news-rumors

3) Bradley Chubb (DE, NC State) - Chubb (likely) won’t test off the charts like Jadeveon Clowney or Myles Garrett. But as a football player, he is already more polished than either of them. Both first-overall pick defensive ends got by in college on sheer athletic freakish-ness. They could overwhelm blockers with size and explosiveness. Chubb is a great athlete in his own right, but he gets by with a blend of power, technique, motor, and a plan of attack. In that he is more like former Ohio State, and current Los Angeles Chargers defensive end, Joey Bosa. That is certainly a high bar for him to clear, but Chubb has shown the ability to take over games at the collegiate level.
            Thats a good and bad thing....if he is like Bosa it means he is already refined and reached his max capacity and wont really improve much, where as Garrett and Clowney are althletic freaks that were raw and had lots of room to grow. I personally wont mind getting DE within first 3 rounds even though that is the last place we should look at but I miss having a good pass rush like the Jags are doing....I think that nascar package was more of a Reese schema though and its why he brought it to the Jags...Gettleman likes to have solid LBers on the field and has drafted LBers first round couple of times which Reese never did so it will be fun if we finally get a stud LBer instead...we need 3 of them, one who can cover, one on the middle who can stop the run and one who can pass rush....if we can get a Von miller/Mack/LT type pass rush LBer...that would bring this defense to another level

Comment

Day 1 impact player. This is who I would take at 1 before both Darnold and Barkley. It's safe, but it will be effective.
              Football is a team game. Football is a team game. Football is a team game. Football is a team game. Football is a team game.

Comment

Originally posted by NephilimGiants View Post

Thats a good and bad thing....if he is like Bosa it means he is already refined and reached his max capacity and wont really improve much, where as Garrett and Clowney are althletic freaks that were raw and had lots of room to grow. I personally wont mind getting DE within first 3 rounds even though that is the last place we should look at but I miss having a good pass rush like the Jags are doing....I think that nascar package was more of a Reese schema though and its why he brought it to the Jags...Gettleman likes to have solid LBers on the field and has drafted LBers first round couple of times which Reese never did so it will be fun if we finally get a stud LBer instead...we need 3 of them, one who can cover, one on the middle who can stop the run and one who can pass rush....if we can get a Von miller/Mack/LT type pass rush LBer...that would bring this defense to another level
                Nice post.

Low floor, and low ceiling. He's a safe pick, Reminds me of Mayfield vs Josh Allen. Mayfield is low floor, but not a lot of potential upside when he hits the NFL. Allen is raw and has a huge ceiling.....and per the norm for a QB, bust potential. Of course the QB requires a brain and a hell of a lot more to learn, but the idea is similar. I agree with this post, and seeing the Giants using a linebacker on a early 4-3 Von Miller mode....BTW, I see a healthy clear of Derwin James as a sure thing, and this is a guy who can play almost anywhere on defense other then DT....Personally, I believe he's top 5......and if medically cleared could be a great pick for the Giants defense, if we had a offensive line.
                Violence of action means the unrestricted use of speed, strength, surprise, and aggression to achieve total dominance against your enemy.

Comment

Originally posted by compaqnigg View Post
                  McGlinchey is sloppy in his play just like the field on that day. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Quenton Nelson is the real gem on that Notre Dame line. Watch that video again and look at the guy right next to McGlinchey's right. Every time Chubb went to Nelson, he handled him no problem. Then if you watch the blocks that Nelson lays down, damn, it reminds me of all the run plays the Giants used to do with their athletic guards during the Tiki Barber era. Where you have the guards sweeping to the opposite side to lay down a block. I don't think I've seen the Giants do those sort of run plays all year.

Watch this block by nelson here (love it):
                  https://youtu.be/rOzlVP2N-Xs?t=7m38s

This one he drives the defender backwards 7 yards off the line of scrimmage! LOL:
                  https://youtu.be/rOzlVP2N-Xs?t=8m44s

Got to appreciate the awareness he has on the line. He comes back to help McGlinchey just before Chubb was going to make a move past McGlinchey:
                  https://youtu.be/rOzlVP2N-Xs?t=10m46s

Someone in another thread was saying in the Notre Dame bowl game a stat came up saying that Nelson hasn't allowed a sack in over 800 snaps. Someone on twitter mentions the stat back in November when it was 744 snaps: https://twitter.com/timprister/statu...91531510001664
                  Agree that I think Quenton Nelson is the best player in the draft. Could be All Pro as a rookie and a better prospect than Zack Martin in my eyes. Don't overlook McGlinchey though. He was an elite RT two years ago and then struggled last year as a LT a bit. Was a dominant LT this year and is a great run blocker. Every once in a while will get beat by a speed rush, but would be a very good pro in my opinion. Not great, but certainly solid and would help our run game. Currently go to ND so watch them a lot. Both also locker room leaders along with Josh Adams (junior captain).

Also the original video was from the NC State game last year. When McGlinchey and Chubb faced off in limited reps this year, McGlinchey got the better of him.
                  1. Ryan Ramcyzk, OT, Wisconsin
                  2. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vanderbilt
                  3. Dalvin Tomlinson, DT, Alabama
                  4. Samaje Perine, RB, Oklahoma

Comment

Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post
                    I personally wouldnt say McGlinchey is the best OT this draft. Hes probably my 2nd, 3rd, or 4th fav OT along with Orlando Brown, Connor Williams, and Tyrell Crosby
                    More of a sure thing than the other guys imo. Orlando Brown has a much higher ceiling, but McGlinchey would come in day 1 and really help the run game. If he's there in the 2nd, you have to take him and plug him in at RT.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan1998 View Post

More of a sure thing than the other guys imo. Orlando Brown has a much higher ceiling, but McGlinchey would come in day 1 and really help the run game. If he's there in the 2nd, you have to take him and plug him in at RT.
                      I feel like Williams and Brown are the only true LT's. While McGlinchey, Crosby, and Jones COULD be LT's but could also be RTs.

too bad we are 2nd overall or else id love ANY of em, cept for Jamarco Jones he really doesnt do it for me
                      Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post

I feel like Williams and Brown are the only true LT's. While McGlinchey, Crosby, and Jones COULD be LT's but could also be RTs.

too bad we are 2nd overall or else id love ANY of em, cept for Jamarco Jones he really doesnt do it for me
                        I really, really like Jamarco Jones. Think he is criminally underrated and could start at LT from day one. Connor Williams scares me cause he kind of regressed in 2017. His 2016 tape was better. Brown is a little risky in my eyes, but has tremendous upside...kind of want more of a sure thing cause of how many needs we have along the line imo.

Brian O'Neil from Pitt also seems like a really good tackle if we could get him in the 2nd or 3rd I think he could start from day 1.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan1998 View Post

I really, really like Jamarco Jones. Think he is criminally underrated and could start at LT from day one. Connor Williams scares me cause he kind of regressed in 2017. His 2016 tape was better. Brown is a little risky in my eyes, but has tremendous upside...kind of want more of a sure thing cause of how many needs we have along the line imo.

Brian O'Neil from Pitt also seems like a really good tackle if we could get him in the 2nd or 3rd I think he could start from day 1.
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEmQh661SuQ

Comment

He wasn't overly dominant in the run game, but pass protected really well against a very good Michigan front. He has also progressed in the last year. I think we can get mid 1st round value with him at pick #34. Also like Brian O'Neil in that spot if other top tier linemen are off the board. Check out Jamarco Jones against USC this year remember being impressed when I watched the bowl game.

Comment

He makes some questionable decisions when under pressure. This video more so, highlights how good Chubb is. So anyone thinking of taking Jackson ahead of Chubb...think again
                              Long Live the King

Comment

Working...
                              X